Improvements to future Territory Battles.

Overall I really enjoyed this Guild Event, but there are a couple ways I think you can make them way better.

Rewards:
So first off the box--it can't be identical for everyone in the guild. It's a matter of balance. Imagine if you're in a guild that got a full piece of gear, so now 50 people got that gear. It's just too big of a swing.

The real problem with the rewards is that you get them at the end. We only got 16 stars so our reward was something like 7 pieces of assorted salvage and 2500 tokens. I think that's alright in general--but please give 7 pieces of one type of salvage... I got 1, 2, 3, and 1 piece of four types. That's extremely disappointing... As I said, I'm okay with it because I understand that the tokens are the real prize.

So I don't think you need to change the box rewards at all, except for giving more pieces of fewer types of salvage. The way you improve rewards is to give rewards at the end of each phase. It should scale upward as the phases get more difficult, but what I'm talking about here are credits, building materials, ability mats (all tiers), and gear.

A rough breakdown would go:
Credits--100 credits per stage cleared in character Combat Missions that day. I don't know the exact number of missions there are, but if there are 40, and there aren't, a full clear by a 50 person guild would give 1.2m credits.

Building Materials: 1000 per stage cleared of ship missions. This would be 600k for a full clear.

Ability Mats: A purple for every star gained, an Omega for 5 or better stars, and a zeta for 8 stars. All in a single day, so you won't qualify for zetas until at least phase 3.

Gear: A piece of salvage per platoon completed, scaling based on phase but always only ever being gear you can farm from nodes. The last two phases should give salvage of the Mk5 stun gun/cuff tier (which includes challenge gear, of course, I just don't remember the name of that stuff because we have so many that I don't need to search for them).

These are relatively minor rewards, but because you would get them every day you would immediately feel rewarded for your participation in the event.

Quality of Life:
Can we get a counter that shows the number of players in a guild who own an undeployed platoon character? So if you have 6 Bistans that can be deployed, it shows a little 6 someplace? Bonus if you can also show us WHO has the character, but that might be too hard to implement.

Special Missions:
We need more of them, and we need at least one in the ship path. The rewards don't have to necessarily be as strong as the ROLO shard in p3 or bonus Event tokens. Nor do the requirements have to be so high as for those Special Missions. This might be a good alternative to the whole phase rewards I outlined above.
Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.

Replies

• Options
    I liked the event very much. I would keep the phases at 24 hours each, and I would let each guild start the event on a day of their own choosing (limited to 1 start per week).