Heroic Rancor Solo

One of my friends told me that it's possible to solo the heroic Rancor, and I was hoping to do so myself. Any advice would be appreciated. My friend didn't know how. Here's my swgoh.gg account. http://swgoh.gg/u/hawkeyepierce4077/

Replies

• Options
    You are a ways off from being able to do it. I can currently do it with. Teebo lead party featuring CLS and other characters with ally attacks and turn meter reduction (QGJ, GeoSoldier, 5s, Ezra etc...). But my CLS is close to doing it all by himself. I think Zavage can still do it solo. Not sure who or what other parties can.
  • Options
    Which characters should I focus on going forward?
  • Options
    The fastest for you might be focusing in Savage Opress. But getting CLS next time his event is up is very important. So you need to get prepped to get R2 in his next event and get R2, STH, Leia, Farmboy and Old Ben leveled.
  • Options
    Sounds good, I'll get going on them
  • Sunnie1978
    2937 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moving to: Arena and Character Strategy
  • Fahrius
    620 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Keep working on cassian wedge and jyn
    Wedge lead, biggs, bistan, jyn and cassian is the easiest team you can get atm
    Doesnt need great mods, can work at g8, although is highly recommended to get wedge and biggs to g11 to make it faster
    Pd: zavage cant solo rancor since he cant avoid being devoured.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Options
    Does the Vader Solo work, my pal you use him in a solo.
  • Options
    Vader with his leadership zeta-ed does work for solo-ing the rancor, but it's slow compared to some of the options available now (CLS Wiggs teams notably).

Here's a helpful chart in case you haven't seen it: https://www.google.com/amp/s/swgohindepth.com/2017/04/13/morningstar-013s-complete-haat-team-list/amp/
  • Options
    Thanks
  • Options
    I finally was able to solo it last night. Zader, FOO, Jyn, Rex and TFP. Manually, took right at an hour. Oh so satisfying.
  • Options
    Congrats on the solo! I've been looking at different characters, and am thinking to possibly use magma troop in place of your FOO, any thoughts?
  • LastPretender
    39 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Pity you haven't got CLS - he seems to be the main component these days of a Rancor solo. He can do it on his own with decent speed, but I've found chucking in him a zeta Cody clone squad (he takes the place of 5's) makes it less stressful in case a TM reduction misses from CLS.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    Which characters should I focus on going forward?

You need to choose a path:
    Do you walk the zeta Darth Vader path, the Teebo path or the Commander Luke Skywalker path? Disregarding which path you choose, turnmeter manipulation (both removing it from the Rancor and granting it to allies) is essential.

From your current roster the following can be good:

Rex (with all 3 paths), 5s (for speed down with Teebo lead), ewok scout and elder (great synergi with Teebo as leader and TM manipulation), Bistan (with Wiggs and Jyn), Chewie (mediocre, but not bad. TM removal on basic, taunt and self healing), TFP (tenacity down). Other toons: Phasma for speed down and TM granting (good synergy with TFP), FOO (i used him on my first hand full solos), CLS (he can solo it) and R2D2 (only with Teebo).

However, as already stated above, you are quite far from having your team ready, so for the time beeing, I would focus on other parts of the game — first and foremost on improving your arena team (btw. they ar all below level 80, while you are level 83) and a fifth scoundrel for top tier credit heist and getting your ships ready for farming zetas. That's your bread and butter which will reward you ressources to use on whatever toons you choose to develop today and in the future.

Secondarily, keep farming Rex (he's good in pit raids and arena), Teebo (raids) and......sort your mods. Put the best ones on your arena team. Dude! Some of your best speed secondaries mods are on.....Wicket??? Just sorting your mods should give you an instant improvement in the arena.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options
    It seems that somehow my post was removed. Long story short:

Focus on other things fornow, since you are pretty far from soloing Rancor. Your arena team, 5th scoundrel for top tier credit heisst and farming zetas is your bread and butter today and in the future.

For Rancor choose between the zeta vader, Teebo lead or Jyn+Wiggs paths. TM manipulation and tenacity/speed down is essential.

Level your arena team (you are level 83 — your team is between 72 and 80). Sort your mods. Move your best mods away from Wicket to your arena team. This should give an instant improvwment in xthe arena.
  • Options
    Thanks for the breakdown of my current toons, I have to say this is the most complicated game I've ever played. ;)
  • DarthGazza
    339 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I done it for the first time last week with zVader, zCLS, Rex, TFP and QGJ
  • Options
    I solo him with Darth Vader(Zeta) Lead, Jyn Erso, Tie Fighter Pilot, Grand Moff Tarkin and Darth Nihilus.
    Before my Nihilus reached 7 stars I used Emperor Palpatine, who works fine as well, but the additional Dots from Nihilus' unique ability significantly increase the damage of Vader's Culling Blade, and his Annihilate ability also does some good amount of damage. And Nihilus is a lot tankier than EP, so if the Rancor gets a turn, Nihilus can take this way better than Palpatine.