How good is Resistance Pilot?

Prev1
Elyndria
482 posts Member
edited February 2016
So I've been farming this guy in GW and he's almost 7*s.. but I've never actually tried him out. He seems neat with resistance synergy and I like the expose + foresight combo.

Does anyone have experience with him at a high level? Thanks :)

Replies

• Options
    He's incredibly strong and moderately fast. Him and Trooper work well together. Even better with Poe and Finn.
  • Options
    He gains Foresight often and survives decently well, with good DPS. I like it.
  • Options
    His damage output is rather disappointing, especially if you compare it to an equally leveled First Order Tie Pilot. Yet, with the right team combo, Resistance Pilot can be very fast. He is also more reliable than FOTP, due to his health-pool being larger.
  • Options
    The one fun thing about him that no one anticipates (but it's kinda sporadic):

if he evades any fast unit, he hits next (before poe) because his evade gives him turn meter.
    ʕっ•ᴥ•ʔっ ︵ DOE
  • Options
    I'd stick him with Poe and some assist characters. His dmg is top notch
  • Options
    Damage output seems fine, though I don't have FOTP so I don't know those stats. Regular and special hit in the mid 3k and can crit in low 6k.

However, he is significantly less glassy than FOTP and is faster.
  • Options
    Dashboard wrote: »
    His damage output is rather disappointing, especially if you compare it to an equally leveled First Order Tie Pilot. Yet, with the right team combo, Resistance Pilot can be very fast. He is also more reliable than FOTP, due to his health-pool being larger.

Im sorry but how is a base damage of 4700 disappointing? That is also highest in the game fyi. Of course fotp does more but he is also extremely hard to 7* unlike the resistance pilot which takes less than a month. His special gives him foresight and causes expose and with his turn meter gain, he definately ends up doing more damage than fotp. I dont know what you are smoking, but resistance pilot has insane damage
  • Options
    I usually focus him when fighting him.
  • Nonemo
    1656 posts Member
    Options
    Hmm. I think it's time I save up and finally 7* mine. Have had it at 6* for the longest time, with 140 extra shards. I really like the damage output but sexier toons always got in the way when funds were to be distributed.
  • Options
    I'm looking for a GW farm to replace Chewie.

My base team is Sid,GS,QGJ,Lumi So if you aren't using any synergy does resistance pilot work. Or is Phasma or Poggle better then him.

I like the idea of a non mainstream guy.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    kind of off topic, but i believe resistance pilot is a woman...
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    RP has insane damage output and the evade+expose combo makes me froth. Definitely worth investing in, even if for a B-team.
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »

I believe you may be correct. ☺
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    I'm looking for a GW farm to replace Chewie.

My base team is Sid,GS,QGJ,Lumi So if you aren't using any synergy does resistance pilot work. Or is Phasma or Poggle better then him.

I like the idea of a non mainstream guy.

Sid lead gives crit, GS gains turn meter on crit, so does res pilot...there's your synergy. Throw in a Hoth Rebel Scout and Lumi or RG and bam.
  • Greg1920
    1777 posts Member
    Options
    Bit of a dead post but RP is working out well. At 6 star now. It's high variance as we he gets the assist and gains turn meter he moves right after Sid and everyone moves before the other team.
  • Shooting4life
    211 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I'm staring RP right now as part of my assist team headed by qgj and GS. RP is the perfect person to get called into assist.

RP is super hard to gear up though. I've never seen so much purple per level. Going from 7 to 8 took 130 purple items.
  • Options
    Mine is fully geared. Trying out different combos with him in arena. Tried Sid lead, RP, GS, Poe, QG today....did ok. I'm thinking of replacing Poe with my 86 tomorrow. Full on attack mode
  • Options
    I have been going against one pretty steady in the last 3 weeks. I now respect him enough to make him my second target on that particular team..
  • Options
    I faced 2 in GW recently and left unchecked is a pain
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    I have been going against one pretty steady in the last 3 weeks. I now respect him enough to make him my second target on that particular team..

Has he gone off on you with turn meter increases? Haven't seen too much of that, with admittedly minimal use this far.
  • sid
    232 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is fully geared. Trying out different combos with him in arena. Tried Sid lead, RP, GS, Poe, QG today....did ok. I'm thinking of replacing Poe with my 86 tomorrow. Full on attack mode
    I use many of the same toons. Running QGJ(L), GS, 86, RP, Poggle. Lots of DPS.

• Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    Mine is 7* level 1 no gear.
  • Options
    I honestly think he'd be a decent fit in a hybrid rebel team. AA lead, Hoth Scout, Han, GS, and RP. Slower than the rest but benefits from Hans taunt and gives the team extra power and himself turn meter
  • Options
    Randall wrote: »
    All those stars are useless unless you level or gear him.
  • Arillian
    240 posts Member
    Options
    I see tons of turn meter increase. He's in my GW A team, and my arena squad.

Synergy's include: getting called to assist, crit chance up, evade up, and of course resistance.

Phasma, Sid, IG88, Dooku, Lumi, Finn, and Poe leads would all increase his effectiveness

Placing him in a team with the assist caller(s) of your choice also increase his chances of attacking, and an attack crit gains 22.5% turn meter: QGJ, IG86, Geo Soldier, 5's, Biggs, or Tusken Raider

His special can proc foresight, which is a great move if you're taking down a counter toon, and can also expose.

I don't get many exposes, but he's never the first to attack, so he's the cleanup batter. If called to assist, he can go pretty quickly
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Randall
    1001 posts Member
    Options
    DarthMan08 wrote: »
    Randall wrote: »
    All those stars are useless unless you level or gear him.

Sure...give me a few million credits and I will level him after right away. I have 26 heroes I dont use...so if you have like 70M to hand out I can get my whole stable useful.
  • Options
    Arillian wrote: »
    I see tons of turn meter increase. He's in my GW A team, and my arena squad.

Synergy's include: getting called to assist, crit chance up, evade up, and of course resistance.

Phasma, Sid, IG88, Dooku, Lumi, Finn, and Poe leads would all increase his effectiveness

Placing him in a team with the assist caller(s) of your choice also increase his chances of attacking, and an attack crit gains 22.5% turn meter: QGJ, IG86, Geo Soldier, 5's, Biggs, or Tusken Raider

His special can proc foresight, which is a great move if you're taking down a counter toon, and can also expose.

I don't get many exposes, but he's never the first to attack, so he's the cleanup batter. If called to assist, he can go pretty quickly

Went back to Sid just for some synergies with the rest of my squad....the crit chance is nice. But I've considered going QG lead for first attack chance, and using my other three assist callers with RP. But Biggs just doesn't do the damage the others do.
  • Options
    Highly underrated toon and let's keep it that way. People see his speed and want to move past him and like most toons, he fits best in certain squads.

Mine is 7* and fully geared. It seems to me that all the toons need a ton of gear so I didn't really notice much of a difference between him and others. 50 Chiewab syringes maybe? Again, I've seen lots of those.

The lowest basic attack I've seen is 3000+. I have seen him crit for 7900+ with a Poe lead. He gains turn meter on crits & evades. He crits more times than not. I don't think a Sid lead would help with that to be honest. He sneaks up on you and is still a clean-up hitter. Others will soften up a target and he'll finish them off, but he won't one-shot anyone.

His special exposes about 40-50% of the time and foresight pops up for me on it about 70% of the time. This means he is a bit harder to kill and he has a chance to do a lot more damage than the 6500 he just hit you for...yet some attackers will work better for your squad most likely. He works great in mine but I'm not going to reveal that just yet.

I have tried him with Dooku as Leader. Don't try to proc the lead ability on a counter-attacker as it won't work (bugged). With Sid as Leader, he crits so much on his own, he doesn't gain much. With Poe or Finn, the damage goes up but he is already high damage. Plus, others are still faster than him. So, he is kind of hard to find a great fit but he fits okay anyways.
    ☮ Consular ☮ Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view. -Ben Kenobi
  • Options
    reizse wrote: »
    LOLZ!!! That is awesome and totally sounds like an oberservation I would make (and feel the need to point out), as well
  • Options
    Whenever I decide I want to level someone it seems like the forum is copying me . . .

I WANT TO BE A SPECIAL SNOWFLAKE!!!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.