Galactic War

Why is the last team of the galactic war impossible to beat? Come on devs give us a break. The last team is usually in t12 gear and not many stand a chance against that. How about fighting teams similarly equipped to my own?

Replies

• Options
    Yeah the last node of GW is pretty out of control. Every day GW is the last thing I do because I despise it so much.
  • Options
    I like it this way. It's challenging and multiple teams are needed to clear it. It's better than having that broken node as 12th one.
  • Options
    its supposed to be a frustrating chore
  • Options
    CatoSan wrote: »
    I like it this way. It's challenging and multiple teams are needed to clear it. It's better than having that broken node as 12th one.

Considering how few people have multiple g12 squads, I would say this is still broken.
  • Options
    Moved to the proper sub-forum: Feedback (Galactic War)
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Here's the thing. There's a difference between frustrating chore and completely impossible. Before G12, there were already days where it didn't matter what I did. I could not even get through the protection on a single opponent for GW Node 12. There are many times that I did have to throw a lot of teams at it to wear the team down, so I could finally defeat it. With the introduction of G12, it makes the first scenario far more common. It is incredibly frustrating to know that there is absolutely nothing you can do to defeat it. There's no strategy you can use to beat it. I have had situations where I throw my top team at my opponent and get completely destroyed before taking a single action. How are my other teams supposed to fare against that? It isn't difficult. It isn't challenging. It is impossible. I think the devs need to recognize the difference between difficult and impossible.

Additionally, when you make an aspect of a game so unpleasant people don't want to even do any of it, that starts affecting their thoughts about the game as a whole. That is how you lose players.

I get that they need to make things fun and challenging for the Whales and that it is in their best interest to keep them engaged. However, that doesn't mean they have to make it horrible for the rest of us in a non-pvp challenge. Yes, we are fighting someone else's team, but they have no skin in the game. They lose nothing if they lose and they are completely unaware that they were used in someone else's GW.
  • Options
    Well said Swartacus
  • Options
    Swartacus wrote: »
    Here's the thing. There's a difference between frustrating chore and completely impossible. Before G12, there were already days where it didn't matter what I did. I could not even get through the protection on a single opponent for GW Node 12. There are many times that I did have to throw a lot of teams at it to wear the team down, so I could finally defeat it. With the introduction of G12, it makes the first scenario far more common. It is incredibly frustrating to know that there is absolutely nothing you can do to defeat it. There's no strategy you can use to beat it. I have had situations where I throw my top team at my opponent and get completely destroyed before taking a single action. How are my other teams supposed to fare against that? It isn't difficult. It isn't challenging. It is impossible. I think the devs need to recognize the difference between difficult and impossible.

Additionally, when you make an aspect of a game so unpleasant people don't want to even do any of it, that starts affecting their thoughts about the game as a whole. That is how you lose players.

I get that they need to make things fun and challenging for the Whales and that it is in their best interest to keep them engaged. However, that doesn't mean they have to make it horrible for the rest of us in a non-pvp challenge. Yes, we are fighting someone else's team, but they have no skin in the game. They lose nothing if they lose and they are completely unaware that they were used in someone else's GW.
    Swartacus wrote: »

This is exactly how you think from a business standpoint. Why be at odds with your customers? It appears there are a bunch of 20 year olds with no business or customer service skills running the show. You say the thing is frustrating, so they ramp it up... we just didn't realize they were going for infuriating. Now that the apparently completely ignorant management fixed the tank raid, the only us vs. developer area left is galactic war. They say they just match teams, but I guarantee you they are either cheat dev teams or they increase stats/abilities of teams that do exist, meaning same in character names only.

I'd like to get a transparent look into the things they do behind the scenes to limit player upward mobility. I'm pretty sure they have hired a sadistic planner to keep coming up with things. It's really a shame. They could be so good just by programming fairly. But when given the choice, some will always choose cheating people instead of doing the right thing. It is Disney, so I can't say it's a surprise.

It's like playing Madden football and every time you throw the ball it's incomplete, and every time the dev throws the ball, it's a touchdown. When you say, hey something isn't right, you're met with, "change up your defense or call run plays (which of course would always end in a fumble). People would stop playing if the Madden programmers did this. For them to do it, it would take great ignorance and complete lack of business sense... But it seems there are many at Disney that walk and talk with blinders on.

The complete lack of understanding would almost be comical if it wasn't such a huge time, and for some, financial commitment to this team that doesn't listen to the customer. You don't have to rework anything developers... remove top 100 teams from being an opponent in GW. Use one if/then statement... if we put you up against a level 125 God squad, then change it to level 100. Couldn't be simpler to fix... guess they think it's easier to constantly defend current... another example of the complete lack of business sense. The are great programmers, but awful... Just awful at customer support and business. They just need new leadership.