Looking for advice: What 5 characters to farm first?

Good day! I can't decide what path to take and so I am looking for advice. Should I farm Sidious(L), Luminara, QGJ, GS, and JC or Poggle(L), IG-88, Daka, GS, and JC? I need a team who can complete GW daily and can be competitive in the arena.

Replies

• Options
    Gw, farm poggle then 86, then lumi
    Arena, farm sid then 47
    Cantina, farm gs on node and shipment on gqj

Poggle, 86, gs, qgj and sid or 47 for arena setup as ftp. If u field sid then make him leader else poggle. Lumi can be swap in arena at times but most usage is at gw.
  • Options
    Thanks for the quick response! Anyway, Poggle over Luminara for GW? Don't I need healers to complete GW on a regular basis? And one more thing, Do you think I can beat dark side missions without old daka?
  • Options
    ManChild wrote: »
    Thanks for the quick response! Anyway, Poggle over Luminara for GW? Don't I need healers to complete GW on a regular basis? And one more thing, Do you think I can beat dark side missions without old daka?

I'm more of a lum fan, but either way is good.

If you want to finish DS when they are unlocked you will need Daka or Talia, but if you are ok waiting a couple levels before finishing them you can scrape by without Daka, the problem is 3*ing the stages so you can sim them will be more difficult without her
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    My route for farming was fraught with errors as I was stumbling around in the dark for a while before looking up optimal characters.

Arena - I went with Ventress first. She's very interesting and has increased utility after the latest update, but I regret not having done Sidious instead. Sidious just makes everything easier as you climb up the ranks and complete stages, with his very useful leader ability and his being a strong, fast attacker.

GW - Lumi first; very strong attacker with amazing healing properties and an ability block that hits harder than most other special single attacks. Phasma possibly afterwards for her excellent support abilities and beefiness, as well as that almost OP leader ability. Afterwards, IG-86 or Poggle; I personally feel Poggle isn't quite as strong or useful overall as Lumi or Phasma.

Cantina - QGJ for shipments, but Poe or Daka are also perfectly viable options. I regret farming Boba Fett, who is almost useless to me now save for the occasional use of his leader ability or as a second stringer to absorb cooldown abilities in GW. And I have gotten through all dark side battles without Daka. Harder to 3-star admittedly; you'll need some luck and at least Talia in the team, but far from impossible.

Yes, GS all the way for Cantina. Not looking back until he hits 7 then will go for Kylo Ren.
  • Options
    ManChild wrote: »
    Sidious(L), Luminara, QGJ, GS, and JC

This. Replace JC with Poggle once you finish Lumi from GW. That's what I currently use.

DS missions are very hard though without Daka, so you may want to just unlock her (80 shards) then work on QGJ afterwards.
  • Options
    Thank you guys! I really appreciate it! I think I know what I'm going for now.

@Drew_Fornier Man, thanks for taking your time to share your experience! It was a good read. Hopefully, I could take advantage of all the knowledge you guys imparted.

May the force be with you all!
  • Options
    My route for farming was fraught with errors as I was stumbling around in the dark for a while before looking up optimal characters.

Arena - I went with Ventress first. She's very interesting and has increased utility after the latest update, but I regret not having done Sidious instead. Sidious just makes everything easier as you climb up the ranks and complete stages, with his very useful leader ability and his being a strong, fast attacker.

GW - Lumi first; very strong attacker with amazing healing properties and an ability block that hits harder than most other special single attacks. Phasma possibly afterwards for her excellent support abilities and beefiness, as well as that almost OP leader ability. Afterwards, IG-86 or Poggle; I personally feel Poggle isn't quite as strong or useful overall as Lumi or Phasma.

Cantina - QGJ for shipments, but Poe or Daka are also perfectly viable options. I regret farming Boba Fett, who is almost useless to me now save for the occasional use of his leader ability or as a second stringer to absorb cooldown abilities in GW. And I have gotten through all dark side battles without Daka. Harder to 3-star admittedly; you'll need some luck and at least Talia in the team, but far from impossible.

Yes, GS all the way for Cantina. Not looking back until he hits 7 then will go for Kylo Ren.

Arena: Sid first always. I think he should be 7 starred before you get any other shards from here. HK-47 is good for droids only, and ST Han is a good tank to go with rebels.

GW: Lumi is very good for GW and I think it's more important to do well in GW than Arena because the rewards are better. She also is pretty solid in Arena. Phasma's leader ability isn't what it once was but still useful.

Cantina Shipments: QGJ is very good, but I feel Daka is underrated in Arena once full stars and gear. Both are solid toons and either should serve you well. Poe still has his uses but mainly to hide high DPS characters.

Cantina Nodes: I regret not getting GS and it is has made me drop out of the top 20. He should be top priority. Once he is done Kylo's node should be unlocked. I have him at 7* and he is a good toon. JC could also be good just for the purpose of making GW easier.

As for HK-47, he is the best droid leader but I just can't see him being viable in any other setup besides droids leader. He would not be targeted until last on defense. With that being said I am working on a droid team but he will wait until IG-88 is done.