Good Tanks?

Started a new account a couple of weeks ago, missed out on the free TFA characters. Now having real trouble completing the Tier 2 level of INT gear challenges (versus Mace). At Level 47, my only tanks are Chewie, Royal Guard and a Teebo I pulled from a free pack. Poe is not an option because I am aggressively farming QGJ. Takes Fett out of the running too.

Thus far have not really been able to complete Tier 2 INT; tanks typically deal lousy damage and these three are pretty pathetic in that department. Tier 2 Mace is simply too much for the likes of them.

Any advice on which tanks I can and should go for, who would be viable in general and not just for this challenge? Or am I doomed to not go further than Tier 1 until I decide to try for Poe?

FTP by the way.

Replies

• Options
    I'm level 58 and only have Chewie and Royal Guard. It would be nice to have a couple more but I'm not going to worry about it until there's a better reason than that one challenge.
  • Options
    5s and poe. They compete but go for whichever you want
  • Options
    Han is a pretty good tank, and not in the same drop area
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    I'm level 58 and only have Chewie and Royal Guard. It would be nice to have a couple more but I'm not going to worry about it until there's a better reason than that one challenge.

I agree 100%. I can complete the tier 3 easily and I have an abundance of all the gear handed out. You're only missing out on a max of 200*5 = 1000 credits for not completing tier 3.

Anyways, as mentioned above ST Han is in Arena so you could try for that. Once you get to roughly level 53 (sorry I can't remember), cantina level 4 opens up and Mace is on battle A.

I think it would be a waste of f2p materials to chase these characters above for the sole purpose of trying to beat this challenge.
  • Blam
    113 posts Member
    Options
    Han, Mace. That's right. Make him fight himself.
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies, guys. Yeah, was thinking along the lines of tanks in this game generally being not that great compared to the attackers and support/healer guys, and seeing only Poe in the highest tiers of my arena bracket. I shall be content to pull what I can from this challenge for now.
  • godgiven45
    1093 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Fives
    He is my favorite tank.
    70% counter attack and +50 counter damage
    Easily farmed
  • Options
    godgiven45 wrote: »
    Fives
    He is my favorite tank.
    70% counter attack and +50 counter damage
    Easily farmed

+1 I don't have him, but I hate facing him
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • Options
    Chewie, Royal Guard and Poe are all good. Poe and Chewie reduce Mace's meter and Royal guard can patch up their shield debuff when he armies. Tebo would probably work too, but not worth farming him imo.

I wouldn't farm a tank for the challenge, you'll get there and it's a bad long term investment. Poe is okay if you like him
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Fives or Stormtrooper both can be farmed from hard nodes.
  • Bar_Buryin
    85 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Teebo B) has high chance to grant team stealth, can control a targets turn meter, has high health pool, and does decent damage(at least compared to your other options at tank). Only thing he doesn't have is a taunt.
    Post edited by Bar_Buryin on