Guild requirements

Why are guilds so demanding these days. I consider myself a very active player and that should be enough but with most guilds you have to post your swgoh.gg account, use discord/line etc for communication and sacrifice a thousand cows. I don't use those things unless need be. Like its just a game people, stop taking it so seriously. If I leave group chat, it shouldn't be like there are gonna be serious repercussions or something. In my guild before last, I donated the most gear even though the guild had been around for a few months already. I'm just trying find a guild that fits me. I understand that rules should be in place but when they start sounding like demands or micromanagement, is where I draw the line. I know I'm a decent player and I can contribute to any guild I join. I usually don't rant like this but finding a guild that is casual, active and respectful is apparently a rarely these days.

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Guilds require third party chat apps because the in-game chat is terrible. Everybody isn't in the game at the same time, so you post something you need everybody to see and it's scrolled off the screen by the time other people get on (if they would even bother to scroll up to see it) and you have to keep posting it repeatedly, and even then people still don't notice it. The sticky helped but it's very limited in characters and only the guild leader can edit it (which is really dumb btw). Plus the chat keeps breaking. So rather than deal with that nonsense, guilds want to make sure everybody will actually see and read announcements, and third party chat apps make that infinitely easier. Coordination is important, particularly now with Territory Battles.

If you aren't willing to be on a third party chat app, then find a guild that doesn't require one, but there's no reason to be insulting to those who are more invested in the game than you are and want like-minded people in their guilds.