Increasing star count

Hi , I just wanted to know what effect does increasing star count have on the toon . I know this might be a noob question but I just want to know . Thanks!

Replies

• Options
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Silky wrote: »

"it's an older code, sir, but it checks out."
    Post edited by ShaolinPunk on
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    A character's star rating is also often used to determine its inclusion in various tiers of content, such as Raid tiers, Flash Event tiers, and Territory Battle phases. In more recent developments, the star rating has a huge impact on the character's Galactic Power rating, which helps build your guild's GP for Territory Battles. Additionally, a 7* rating is required for G12 gear.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Hi , I just wanted to know what effect does increasing star count have on the toon . I know this might be a noob question but I just want to know . Thanks!

Mainly it increases the character's strength, tactics, and agility gained per level. Many secondary stats (hp, offense, defense) are derived from your strength, etc. When you promote someone their current stats are retroactively increased, so no worries about when to promote--it all works out the same.

Star count also acts as a gate to a lot of content. Raids, for example, have a minimum star count needed to participate at all.

Oh. And at 7* you can equip G12 gear.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14193 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »

Mainly it increases the character's strength, tactics, and agility gained per level. Many secondary stats (hp, offense, defense) are derived from your strength, etc. When you promote someone their current stats are retroactively increased, so no worries about when to promote--it all works out the same.

Star count also acts as a gate to a lot of content. Raids, for example, have a minimum star count needed to participate at all.

You can't even get to G12 without 7*. The new G11 pieces to finish off g11 require 7*.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »

You can't even get to G12 without 7*. The new G11 pieces to finish off g11 require 7*.

You could still buy them in shipments...
  • Options
    TofuMao wrote: »

I think what they're saying is that you can buy them and accumulate them at any time. But you an only equip those pieces of gear to a character with 7*. I don't know for sure or not because all my characters who are in a position to get that gear are already 7*.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • scuba
    14193 posts Member
    Options
    TofuMao wrote: »

I think what they're saying is that you can buy them and accumulate them at any time. But you an only equip those pieces of gear to a character with 7*. I don't know for sure or not because all my characters who are in a position to get that gear are already 7*.

Yes.
  • Options
    I hope they don't increase stars think of all the excess shards we already lost to shard shop
  • scuba
    14193 posts Member
    Options
    I hope they don't increase stars think of all the excess shards we already lost to shard shop

They (Dev's) have said multiple times they would not. It would be really bad business as they force conversion of excess.

That is not to say they can't or won't come up with some other way to advance a character similar to stars but not using the same shards.
  • Options
    I have my gs at gear xi just because it kinda happened. I don't use him for anything, thus the new gear pieces to go XII say requires level 85 and seven stars