Resistance or Rebel

Trying to decide on a fun team to build for overall shenanigans. Mainly arena but I compete for top 50, not top 5

Rebel team
Ackbar lead
Han
Luke
Leia (2star)
Rebel scout

Everyone is easily farmable except Leia who Im banking on eventually going farmable. I don't spend enough money otherwise. I don't know much about scout at high stars

Resistance
Poe lead
Resistance pilot
Resistance trooper
Rey
Mace windu

I like the resistance team better but trooper and Rey are slow farms compared to anyone on rebel team so a much longer commitment. I put mace in there for expose synergy vs Finn

Any options appreciated, thanks

Replies

• Options
    With such a low-starred Leia, I'd say Resistance. I'd imagine you can get a 4-star (80 shard) Rey long before Leia is herself farmable somehow. Also, don't forget Finn in the resistance team - he packs a possible stun, and packs a high damage basic attack. He is from cantina battles, so also won't compete with other characters farming. The pilot might be good, but his kit doesn't really match the group (fruit synergy isn't used), so certainly Finn in that spot if you can manage to farm him.
  • Options
    Meant to say "crit synergy" above, but I'm going to leave it as my spellchecker insisted, since it is pretty funny.
  • Options
    Draw4wild wrote: »
    Rebel team
    Ackbar lead
    Han
    Luke
    Leia (2star)
    Rebel scout

Everyone is easily farmable except Leia who Im banking on eventually going farmable. I don't spend enough money otherwise. I don't know much about scout at high stars

The rebel team is my main team (I got a load of Leia stars after buying packs when I started out), and it's good. I usually end up in the rank 30-15 range without refreshing, which is fine by me. My team is Ackbar (L), Han, Leia, Biggs, Luke. Hoth Rebel Scout is very good as well at higher levels, but I only have him as 5* yet which is why he's not in the team. His damage is pretty decent and he's super fast with a chance to stun. Hoth Rebel Soldier also looks pretty good at higher levels, but nobody knows that for sure, so if you're willing to gamble and spend your Hard Mode farming on he might pay off. Leia makes the team a lot better because with Ackbar lead she's the fastest character in the game and she can deal a lot of damage (although it's RNG dependent, if she misses her double/triple or crit up a couple of times, she's actually quite weak). You can make her at least go into stealth mode before anyone else moves, so even at lower stars she might be viable. Note that I almost never stealth on the first turn, I usually save that for halfway through the match.
    I can definitely see a team of Ackbar, Han, Luke, HRS, Biggs work as well. Especially on defense, because Leia is a little worse on defense (with Ackbar already being questionable on defense because he uses his dispel even when there's nothing to dispel). The team is slower to max out than it might seem at first, because both Ackbar and Han come from the same source.
    One of the reasons the rebel team is quite good is that sped up Han does a very good pre-nerf Poe impersonation, and Ackbar is very good in a meta where a lot of people run either Sidious, Phasma or both.

I have no experience with a Resistance team, nor have I encountered one, so I can't say for sure how good it is. It does look very good on paper: high damage, fast, good taunt for protection. The problem with the Resistance team is that 2 of the characters are hard to farm up, so farming Finn on the side might be a good plan.

The biggest reason I can see for going for either team is that you can be different while also being (fairly) competitive. I know that's a huge reason why I went Rebels, and I still love the fact that in most of my matches I might have 1 or 2 characters the same as my opponent, but mostly there's no overlap at all. Both have the 'problem' that their biggest sources of damage (Rey, Trooper, Leia) are hard or impossible to farm though, and it's more of an arena team than missons/GW. The resistance team has a higher damage output, where the rebel team has a little more sustain (Ackbar) and has become a little faster.
    Dutch Trade Alliance
  • Options
    Rebel team
    Ackbar lead
    Han
    Luke
    Leia (2star)
    Rebel scout

The rebel team is my main team (I got a load of Leia stars after buying packs when I started out), and it's good. I usually end up in the rank 30-15 range without refreshing, which is fine by me. My team is Ackbar (L), Han, Leia, Biggs, Luke. Hoth Rebel Scout is very good as well at higher levels, but I only have him as 5* yet which is why he's not in the team. His damage is pretty decent and he's super fast with a chance to stun. Hoth Rebel Soldier also looks pretty good at higher levels, but nobody knows that for sure, so if you're willing to gamble and spend your Hard Mode farming on he might pay off. Leia makes the team a lot better because with Ackbar lead she's the fastest character in the game and she can deal a lot of damage (although it's RNG dependent, if she misses her double/triple or crit up a couple of times, she's actually quite weak). You can make her at least go into stealth mode before anyone else moves, so even at lower stars she might be viable. Note that I almost never stealth on the first turn, I usually save that for halfway through the match.
    I can definitely see a team of Ackbar, Han, Luke, HRS, Biggs work as well. Especially on defense, because Leia is a little worse on defense (with Ackbar already being questionable on defense because he uses his dispel even when there's nothing to dispel). The team is slower to max out than it might seem at first, because both Ackbar and Han come from the same source.
    One of the reasons the rebel team is quite good is that sped up Han does a very good pre-nerf Poe impersonation, and Ackbar is very good in a meta where a lot of people run either Sidious, Phasma or both.

I have no experience with a Resistance team, nor have I encountered one, so I can't say for sure how good it is. It does look very good on paper: high damage, fast, good taunt for protection. The problem with the Resistance team is that 2 of the characters are hard to farm up, so farming Finn on the side might be a good plan.

The biggest reason I can see for going for either team is that you can be different while also being (fairly) competitive. I know that's a huge reason why I went Rebels, and I still love the fact that in most of my matches I might have 1 or 2 characters the same as my opponent, but mostly there's no overlap at all. Both have the 'problem' that their biggest sources of damage (Rey, Trooper, Leia) are hard or impossible to farm though, and it's more of an arena team than missons/GW. The resistance team has a higher damage output, where the rebel team has a little more sustain (Ackbar) and has become a little faster.

How is Biggs performing? You don't read a lot about biggs here on the forum. I just finished lumi, poggle and phasma and started farming biggs. Had to choose between biggs, ig86, teebo and resistance pilot.
  • Bar_Buryin
    85 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How is Biggs performing? You don't read a lot about biggs here on the forum. I just finished lumi, poggle and phasma and started farming biggs. Had to choose between biggs, ig86, teebo and resistance pilot.

Biggs is actually pretty solid. He has a decent health pool, has evasion up when he gets hit by a crit, and does some solid damage. His only drawback is his speed which is negated by having ackbar as leader.

• Options
    Is Finn a better farm than Mace for resistance then? I liked a mace for his expose synergies and taunt removal, but he doesn't have the obvious resistance synergies
  • Options
    Bar_Buryin wrote: »

Biggs is actually pretty solid. He has a decent health pool, has evasion up when he gets hit by a crit, and does some solid damage. His only drawback is his speed which is negated by having ackbar as leader.

Thanks. Decided to farm resistance pilot first and let biggs sit at 2 stars. I don't like the mechanic that he first should get hit by a crit to get evasion up. And I don't have any other rebels so he will be slow on my team. Maybe something for later with his ship synergies.
  • Options
    Is Finn a better farm than Mace for resistance then? I liked a mace for his expose synergies and taunt removal, but he doesn't have the obvious resistance synergies

Finn is a better farm and a better hero than Mace. Finn as leader for Resistance is nice. Finn as a stand-alone hero on any tanky squad is nice. He has Defense, Offense, and good HP. Finn may be one of the upcoming stars in META. As Leader, he gives additional offense and defense. He's a beast.