Worth farming Rey for a non-chromium

Hi there, ive been theorycrafting some speed teams to replace my droid arena squad, and i see a real need for another high damage toon that acts before Poe. I know Rey is good, but is she worth farming purely through the hard nodes, given how long that would take/how much energy/how many crystals

This somewhat boils down to how effective is she at 5* coming up against full power teams

Replies

• Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If your not planning to spend crystals to farm rey, just farm her as a long term project. If you plan on spnding, then she actually isn't all that hard, but I spend 800 or 900 crystals and get around 10 shards average. I fully intend on having her in arena at 5 star, hopefully 2 more nights.

Yes, she is devastating at 5 star.
  • Matt_Gon_Jinn
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's a major energy sink, I got her at 4 * a month ago and still haven't quite reached 6 star. I'm not ftp either, all I can tell you is I have all 3 of her shards unlocked so 9 attempts a day for 144 energy for if I'm lucky 3 shards per day.. I have gotten 0 shards 6 days in a row before with the same 144 energy loss.
  • Options
    It's a major energy sink, I got her at 4 * a month ago and still haven't quite reached 6 star. I'm not ftp either, all I can tell you is I have all 3 of her shards unlocked so 9 attempts a day for 151 energy for if I'm lucky 3 shards per day.. I have gotten 0 shards 6 days in a row before with the same 151 energy loss.

Lol holy ****, that's terrible. I try to get 10 shards a day.....no matter what, lol.
  • Options
    @Rogan_Ban84 I could probably do 2-3 50 crystal node resets a day, so i guess that comes out to about 4-5 shards a day. Still seems like a long,risky investment even to get her to 5* given the meta could change in that time. I would have a fairly decent pool of 6-7* characters by then, its a toughie

• Options
    Personally as far as meta, and how it may be in the future, I don't worry about it. It's good to farm a wide variety of viable characters. Rey will always be great.....because it's rey.
  • Options
    That damage output.. it's huge.. I would farm her but I'm focused on something else right now
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    It's a major energy sink, I got her at 4 * a month ago and still haven't quite reached 6 star. I'm not ftp either, all I can tell you is I have all 3 of her shards unlocked so 9 attempts a day for 144 energy for if I'm lucky 3 shards per day.. I have gotten 0 shards 6 days in a row before with the same 144 energy loss.

Wow, just when i was kind of interesed on farming her, seeing she's a complete monster in Arena.
    Trying to farm characters with Hard Missions is a pain, maybe it's just me, but Squad Cantina battles are a lot more generous, it didn't take that much to unlock Luke (actually got him when i unlocked Luminara too).

I do think she's probably worth the pain though, since that one time i faced a team that had her, she destroyed both my Jawa and Qui-Gonn, 1 hit kill.
  • Options
    I have Rey 5* atm and she totally wrecks! Good enough to be on my A team against a bunch of 7* teams! She is actually my only attacker on my team sadly...