Gw working as intended

Thoughts

Replies

• Options
    Information?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    My thought is since gear 12 it's become excruciatingly painful fighting 4/5 cls teams in a row is impossible
  • Options
    If the intent is to punish your customers, yes. If the intent is to test roster depth, then no, and I'm not sure how they would be able to do so with a simplistic formula. Their are certain scenarios in life where horizontal scale (having more of something) isn't nearly as important as vertical scale (having one really large one). For example, 10 people that can lift 50 pounds might or might not be as useful as two people who can lift 250 each - it depends on the shape of what they're trying to lift.

Node 12 is currently like the 500 lb. iron ball you see at the strong man competition that has only one or two handles. No amount of 7* G8 / G9 toons is going to topple Node 12. If I had three teams on par with my arena team, then perhaps I could play matchups - as it stands now, I do not. Intended? Not sure. Worth playing GW anymore? Not at all. Impacting my desire continue to play (and pay for) this game? 100%
  • Options
    Lovey948 wrote: »
    My thought is since gear 12 it's become excruciatingly painful fighting 4/5 cls teams in a row is impossible

There is several answers to at least be able to take out cls and finish with other teams: R2, ewoks( stealth and aoe daze) Maul. Just fyi.
  • Options
    Honestly, GW has been hated for a long time (is hated). It's called Galactic Chore for a reason. Nothing has been to done to either fix it or have it match your level of play better.

That being said, if you want to clear it with any kind of ease/speed, you'll need to get zFinn and Resistance. The only thing G12 does against them is it now it takes another few minutes to win each fight.

The GW megathread super complaint board didn't fix anything. You could restart it but, meh.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Moved to the proper sub-forum: Feedback (Galactic War)
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    Woodroward that's assuming you have all those toons and at gear 11 at least , not saying cls can't be beat I'm saying 3 or 4 cls teams can't especially at node 12
    For me anyway and I'm sure for a lot of others, glad you have the toons to do it though
  • Options
    That being said, if you want to clear it with any kind of ease/speed, you'll need to get zFinn and Resistance. The only thing G12 does against them is it now it takes another few minutes to win each fight.

This.
    zFinn and crew allowed me to take out a full Yahtzee of G12 meta heroes with 5 zetas between them yesterday. They never took a single turn. Having a few other swiss-army knife heroes also goes a long way (thrawn, fett, plo (leader), b2/assaj, etc).
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    Lovey948 wrote: »
    Woodroward that's assuming you have all those toons and at gear 11 at least , not saying cls can't be beat I'm saying 3 or 4 cls teams can't especially at node 12
    For me anyway and I'm sure for a lot of others, glad you have the toons to do it though

Depends on the level of them of course. I wasn't interested in nihilus but I've been leveling him as a zaul counter.

I expect problem comps in Galactic war. The idea is to have backup teams and toons for when your main teams are ineffective.

Hard to farm for every scenario though without lots of time or money.
  • Options
    Stop deleting my replies
  • Options
    There are plenty of teams that can beat a solid four or five nodes in a row of a CLS G12 squad. No, they are not easy and fast to obtain, but they are out there.
    Someone already mentioned Resistance, which is probably the number one PvE team in game atm, and has been for a while. But there are others. Some take a while longer to get, some are quicker.
    But GW was suppose to be something that you need a larger roster to complete and even then, not every day
  • Options
    I understand large roster and not every day, but going from every day to practically never after adding a single zeta to my arena team smacks of some sort of imbalance that isn't intended. Now that my arena team is ~80k, it's brushing up against teams that are ~96k, which means G12, multiple zetas, toons with big kits, etc. The 'unintended' consequences are that teams that currently meet the power requirement also have top end speed mods.

I don't mind going through my entire roster - but when my entire roster (at least the viable portion of it) cannot kill more than one character on the opposing team, something is wrong. If a developer wants to comment and say "Yes, this is 100% what we wanted the player experience to be for Galactic War", then great - it would be good to know, but I don't think that's the case.
  • Options
    I realize what you are saying, and anyone that currently are beating GW on a daily bases with multi zeta characters, all have been there before. Part of it is a power curve jump, part of it is their calculations on power rating that is being used.
    All I can suggest, is farming different characters, different teams ( many have been mentioned here ) or breaking the node.
    Months ago, even with broken nodes, a Four Zeta Team, and a large roster, I was locked getting no farther then beating Node 10. I changed up a team, and now clearing daily again, That part, is just the adjustment to the "Meta" teams people are running in Nodes 9,11, and 12
  • Options
    I understand large roster and not every day, but going from every day to practically never after adding a single zeta to my arena team smacks of some sort of imbalance that isn't intended. Now that my arena team is ~80k, it's brushing up against teams that are ~96k, which means G12, multiple zetas, toons with big kits, etc. The 'unintended' consequences are that teams that currently meet the power requirement also have top end speed mods.

I don't mind going through my entire roster - but when my entire roster (at least the viable portion of it) cannot kill more than one character on the opposing team, something is wrong. If a developer wants to comment and say "Yes, this is 100% what we wanted the player experience to be for Galactic War", then great - it would be good to know, but I don't think that's the case.

Galactic War does not scale to Galactic Power (despite the name).
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »

This.
    zFinn and crew allowed me to take out a full Yahtzee of G12 meta heroes with 5 zetas between them yesterday. They never took a single turn. Having a few other swiss-army knife heroes also goes a long way (thrawn, fett, plo (leader), b2/assaj, etc).

Cool. Then they should change the name from "Galactic War" to "Resistance Roster Check". Since the introduction of g12 virtually any other team is useless against all G12 teams of CLS, Raid Han, GK, Thrawn and R2 - especially when you get that team 3 nodes in a row, each one modded better and faster than the last.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Yes, everyone knows that Resistance is great for GW now... it still takes a long time to farm and gear them just to beat Galactic War.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Not just GW. They're also great for tank and TB (and LS/cantina nodes for those who still haven't 3* any).