Darth Nihilus Lead + Dooku then which Sith to invest in?

CountPookoo
189 posts Member
edited September 2017
Hi,

Im only lv 47 and hit 1 in arena today, really appreciate the advice forum members have given me around gearing my toons to get this result.

I run a DN + Dooku team, and rotate between Vader, ST, RG and DS depending on whom I go against..many Lando teams on my shard running double chewy STH etc..

Upgrades now are costing more and I'm curious whether I need to be investing in my other sith toons namely DS or SA or Savage? DS feels very squishy and I'm scared to invest in him same with SA. Savage on the other hand seems less squishy and has a useful execute with equates to a massive heal with DN lead so would Savage be a better choice over DS with a DN lead and work towards dropping RG?

Cheers

Replies

• Options
    If you can, go sith trooper. He always gives me the greatest headaches when going against sith teams.
  • Options
    It seems top to bottom the Sith faction is the best. Nine toons and virtually any combination is a formidable team. The Sith that give me the most headaches are Savage, Dooku, Sith Trooper, and Palpatine and if I were making a Sith team, those would be four of the five I would use.
  • AlexTheG
    215 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    The Sith Faction "being the best" is highly dependent on the age of the arena shard. You don't find too many Sith teams on older arena shards, especially since R2 has proved such a hard counter to zMaul leadership.
  • Options
    AlexTheG wrote: »
    The Sith Faction "being the best" is highly dependent on the age of the arena shard. You don't find too many Sith teams on older arena shards, especially since R2 has proved such a hard counter to zMaul leadership.

You misread what I wrote. I said from top to bottom the Sith faction is the best. Translation: nine toons, all of them good to great. No other faction can make that claim. Are Rebels better? Yep. But not top to bottom. There are weak Rebel toons. Not so with Sith.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Chagoth wrote: »
    It seems top to bottom the Sith faction is the best. Nine toons and virtually any combination is a formidable team. The Sith that give me the most headaches are Savage, Dooku, Sith Trooper, and Palpatine and if I were making a Sith team, those would be four of the five I would use.

Curious why you reckon Savage over SA or Vader or SD? Im thinking Savage also btw...mainly cause he seems less squishy....but the speed potential of SA so tempting...
  • Options
    zzDN SA SiT CD Zavage. Could also use EP in the last spot depending on who you are fighting.
  • Options
    Chagoth wrote: »

Curious why you reckon Savage over SA or Vader or SD? Im thinking Savage also btw...mainly cause he seems less squishy....but the speed potential of SA so tempting...

Because I've personally had more problems with Savage than I have with those others. Come to think of it, Assassin might round out my team. So my nightmare team of Sith, based solely on my personal experience, would be Dooku, Savage, Palpatine, Trooper, and Assassin.
  • Options
    Cheers thanks for input. Funny how Vader doesn't get much of a mention it seems
  • Options
    Vader is too slow and doesn't do enough damage in arena.
  • Options
    He wont be able to zeta any toon for a while, work on your rebels while siths guarantee you first spot ;) then wiggs, chaze, r2. Thats all.
  • Options
    The best toons under a DN lead are still probably Dooku, SiT, Sass, and Savage. Sid does not work that well because he is squishy, like you mentioned. If you face a cleanse team, Vader does not help much. RG is ok for now if that is what you have, but if you can replace him with SiT eventually, you'll be amazed how much better life will be.

Name of the game with DN teams is drag out the match so DN can do his thing. That means all your toons should be able to take a hit or two. And you have to lean a lot on your tank. I like to throw Rex in instead of Savage because he keeps my SiT alive. But I'd say try a few things and see what works for you.
  • Options
    kevsmart wrote: »
    zzDN SA SiT CD Zavage. Could also use EP in the last spot depending on who you are fighting.

Thats my exact squad and yet I can't beat node 9 with CLS, R2(gear 12), Chaze and Raid Han. Annoys me to no end. My entire squad is gear 11.
  • Options

Thats my exact squad and yet I can't beat node 9 with CLS, R2(gear 12), Chaze and Raid Han. Annoys me to no end. My entire squad is gear 11.

Yep, that's why I don't run that team in arena anymore. Time to stop trying to ice skate uphill.
  • Options

Yep, that's why I don't run that team in arena anymore. Time to stop trying to ice skate uphill.

Sadly this is right. It's the dilemma for dark side players. If you can't beat them, then join them?
  • Options
    Awesome advice, tqvm all :)
  • Options
    Does neone bother to read his level? There's no zetas sa is str. Take the time people