Ally points idea

So as we all know, ally points are becoming almost obsolete and kind of boring to a certain point. My idea is to have a kind of "shard shop" for ally points where you can exchange them for other types of in game currency. Obviously the harder currency to obtain like the territory battle credits would have a lower exchange rate, and stuff like galactic war points would yield higher amounts...let me know what you guys think!

Replies

• Options
    What are people doing with ally points? I have 379k! Are people just spending them all?
  • Options
    Yep. Test your luck and hope for hoth rebel soldier or any other full drop and get that extra shard shop currency.
    If your in IOS, it's pretty easy to make gestures to simply spend all your ally points without much attention
  • Options
    I had well over 1 million at one point but spent them to get shard shop currency when DN was in the shop.

The only downside it was a week before they changed how many shards you get for someone you have already unlocked.

Now I spend them every few days to keep my shard shop currency up.
  • Options
    There's nothing else to do with them, but you are missing out on a lot of character shards by hoarding them. It takes 30 seconds to spend your daily collection of them. Cash them in.
  • Options
    It took me about two hours to go through 300k, on two accounts, while watching a crappy movie.
  • Options
    Spend them every day. It's real easy.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I read a lot the other previous threads about Ally points, and they all pretty much have people in them saying spend them.

If not in one sitting, break them down into X number of thousands.

I think on average, 4000 takes 3 minutes. Longer if you're recording the good pulls for bragging, or if your Wi-Fi is slow.
    When you're accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.

Started mid-FEB 2017, and not trying to reach the top.
  • Options
    After many people have emptied their coffers to try to star up HRSoldier, Lobot and other relatively useless characters, I think any sudden and drastic "improvement" in the usefulness of ally points would be very disheartening.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    After many people have emptied their coffers to try to star up HRSoldier, Lobot and other relatively useless characters, I think any sudden and drastic "improvement" in the usefulness of ally points would be very disheartening.

I do agree with that, but I still think there should be some incentive or more usefulness to ally points.
  • Options
    If they do decide to change it, I hope that they say in X days everyone's ally points will be reset to 0 giving people a chance to burn through all of them... therefore at least creating an even playing field.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

Agree. I spent 500k doing just this.
    If they do decide to change it, I hope that they say in X days everyone's ally points will be reset to 0 giving people a chance to burn through all of them... therefore at least creating an even playing field.

And I think this would be a great idea if this kind of change was made. At least those who used theirs in efforts to help their guild won't feel like it's all gone to waste if the new idea makes a much better use of them. Kind of when they made the change to full toons give the full amount of shards now. So many within days of that happening spent hundreds of thousands. A heads up on big changes like that is always welcome
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    What are people doing with ally points? I have 379k! Are people just spending them all?

I spent two days on the can spending 775k ally points and converted duplicate shards to about 30k in shard shop credits. Got to about 40 shards away from 7* Ahsoka Tano Fulcrum before they pulled her from the shop. Now I just try to keep the points to zero everyday.
  • Options
    Maybe if you had a shipment shop that has gear 7,8,9 and galactic war tokens, heist credits, and say an outrageous amount for crystals and or guild tokens.
  • Options
    Here's an idea, leave them as they are... they are far from useless no matter how long you've played. I never understand why ppl think they're worthless. I get so many shards & needed gear from mine that I have a hard time letting them add up before I pull them all...
  • Options
    Here's an idea, leave them as they are... they are far from useless no matter how long you've played. I never understand why ppl think they're worthless. I get so many shards & needed gear from mine that I have a hard time letting them add up before I pull them all...

NEVER said that they were useless. Just thinking out of the box and little bit. Maybe to put them to better use for us that have thousands of the gear they provide. That's all.
  • Options
    Bronziums are useful, free shards, just got full carbanati, maybe remove older gear as u lvl up ?
    And increase % of credits and droids as u increase your level ?
  • Options
    i usually try and spend them every 100k i get, i have been leveling hoth soldier that way pretty well.
  • Options
    Vader1 wrote: »

NEVER said that they were useless. Just thinking out of the box and little bit. Maybe to put them to better use for us that have thousands of the gear they provide. That's all.

I'd much rather keep them as they are than need them for anything else... they're just too useful as they are
  • Options
    1.3 million ally points and growing... i might consider droping a half mil if next shard shop character is worth it... but if not I'll save em till a worthy hero arrives in shard shop... like new ewoks! I figure it would take roughly 4-5 million to max them all so unless you have more AP than that... your point in this thread is not getting through to me.
  • Options
    The main reason why ally points will never be used again for anything besides Bronziums is that it would make everyone mad. Everyone at this point pretty much assumes that there is no point in saving them, so if they were ever made useful again, everyone would be mad that they spent theirs.

Saying that, just go ahead and spend them. iOS, use gestures. Android, use an emulator and a macro.
  • Winstar
    2429 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I try to keep it at zero every day now.
  • Options
    I got the full bariss offee toon out of a bronze data card
  • Options
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »

Nice, RNGesus is strong with this one
  • Options
    I exchange them at 250 for a chance for a shard at worst junk gear
  • Options
    Let ally points refresh toons used in TB (only the section previously used in) to fight in other missions.
  • Options
    ZCD_9915 wrote: »

I pulled her 5 times, got her 7*, and might've farmed a total of 15 shards via cantina. The rest from Bronzium.
  • Options
    My Ewok Elder is close to 7* because of these things XD I like them
  • swagmobile
    44 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I used to have 700k at one point and thought I have no desire to take the time to spend them all. finally one day I decided to take the plunge and spent around 2 hours using them all. it was tedious but you get a ton of shards, especially now that they've changed the full character shard count possibilities. Now when I see people complain, I wish I had their ally points so I could spend them, haha
  • Options
    There needs to be a 3 tier buy up option with each tier cost substantially more and yielding better gear and character shards
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    There needs to be a 3 tier buy up option with each tier cost substantially more and yielding better gear and character shards

That would be nice.