Debating 2nd zeta on CLS

I'll be coming up on my second zeta for CLS shortly and have been teetering back and forth between my options: Learn Control or Leader Ability. Initially, I was leaning towards the Leader ability but I have found Rex leads easier and easier to beat even without it. However, I find most of my losses come when CLS gets stunned in the mid-to-late battle and am therefore leaning towards Learn Control.

For those of you that have either of these abilities with a zeta or play against them, what insights can you share? I'm specifically looking for how he defends against Han Solo, CLS, and R2 but anything else would be helpful, too.

In the way of context, my arena team is:

zCLS (Binds All Things)
R2z2
Leia
Han Zolo
Old Ben

Replies

• Options
    I have Learn Control. It's nice when playing against R2 and other CLS teams. However, there's still that 15% chance you get stunned/debuffed which sucks. It's also very helpful for raids. Allows me to auto solo rancor (can be done without it too) and I can solo P1 of tank, although I need to escape a few times. Overall, I like it.
  • Options
    I have Learn Control. It's nice when playing against R2 and other CLS teams. However, there's still that 15% chance you get stunned/debuffed which sucks. It's also very helpful for raids. Allows me to auto solo rancor (can be done without it too) and I can solo P1 of tank, although I need to escape a few times. Overall, I like it.

Where does the 15% chance come from? I'm looking at a Tenacity for Luke with the zeta at 125%.
  • Options
    always a 15% chance to be debuffed regardless of tenacity (unless tenacity up is applied). Even if you have 100000% tenacity on Luke
  • Options
    always a 15% chance to be debuffed regardless of tenacity (unless tenacity up is applied). Even if you have 100000% tenacity on Luke

Is that 15% included in the potency v. tenacity balance or after it?
  • Options
    After. For example, my Luke has well over 100% tenacity (with the zeta). But even when he doesn't have call to action on, he still gets stunned by R2
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Luke leader ability is nice, but frankly i was expecting more TM during arena battles, but Rex lead is scarce, maybe you shouldn't apply now. The learn control problem is not 100% guarantee tenacity, as said above, u might get stunned. Besides AI always try to trigger call to action, as we do too, so u probably don't stay long enough without it.

• Options
    @SpeedRacer @Mitchell_1313 - So my hope was that the R2 stun in particular wouldn't be nearly as much of an obstacle in mid-to-late games since R2 almost always targets my CLS. Are you guys thinking this helps? I'm confused Mitchell saying he still gets stunned by R2. The way I read the comment it seemed like it was happening all the time.
  • Options
    It doesn't happen all the time. When he doesn't have call to action, he hardly gets stunned by R2. But there's always that slim chance it happens.
  • Options

This is false. There is always a Base 15% Resist chance but there has never been a 15% chance to debuff regardless of tenacity.
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »

This is false. There is always a Base 15% Resist chance but there has never been a 15% chance to debuff regardless of tenacity.

That's how I had always viewed it.
  • Options

And this is also false :) how else would my 130% tenacity luke get stunned?
  • Options

I wish I could think of something witty to say about falsehoods about falsehoods being false being false.
  • SpeedRacer
    1037 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Napoli there's a post by a developer around this forum about it, try to find. Explains that there's always a chance of 15% to not resist, regardless % that u have. Said that, even if Luke has 100% tenacity due to zeta at "learn control", he still might get stunned.

And regardless if u got 200% of something, always counts as 100%. For example how Rancor with tenacity down can still resist at your QGJ attack wich has 150% potency. Because it stands as 100% actually and 15% chance to resist to any debuf.
  • Options
    If any of that were true, AOE debuffs would land against tenacity up 15% of the time.

I have the lead and like it. Lots of tenacity up, even without Rex lead. I also run DN though.
  • Options
    Thanks, guys! I think what I'm concluding is that it's a good zeta that is helpful, but obviously doesn't do what you need 100% of the time. I think I'm going to pull the trigger. I'm about two weeks out depending on if I can get lucky and get a zeta or two through the challenge.
  • Options

Please read this thread discussion and especially the post I linked.
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1260859/#Comment_1260859

That is the formula used in the game (and was code mined months ago). In your specific scenario, your 130% Tenacity Luke can be debuffed by R2 as long as R2 has more than 30% Potency. Considering that R2 has a base of 43% Potency, your CLS can get debuffed.
  • Options
    Tenacity up toons never get debuffed so clearly the 15% only applies with potency.