Gearing as a solo player?

Noticing that my toons -- both on the ground and in space -- don't seem as effective as the toons I see in other players' stables, and figured out it's my gear. I've got only three characters with gear higher than T8 (First Order Stormtrooper and Ahsoka Tano at T9, and Vader at T10).

Other than the traditional advice (spend crystals on energy refreshes and farm LS/DS missions, join a guild, etc.), are there any other options for a solo, mainly FTP player to get more toons geared up?

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    You can buy some gear from the fleet shop and shard shop, but honestly if you refuse to join a guild you are seriously crippling yourself.
  • Options
    Thats like saying you should be able to buy a new car without getting a job
  • Options
    Without a guild means you can kiss both arenas goodbye. And without dropping money you will not be able to get rancor or haat gears, so most toon u can't get much higher than g9 since you only get so much crystals with low rank in arena. And tbh it's kinda pointless to play solo and pure f2p.
  • ThePenguin77
    186 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I don't get why you don't want to join a guild. Find one that meets your power, I bet they will accept you. You get currency from raids to buy useful gear and shards.
  • Options
    Yeah only real advice here is to find a relaxed guild, preferably T7 Rancor guild, and start working on a Rancor team. That's how you get gear...
  • Options
    Definitely find a guild doing HRancor at least. If you are looking I can get you in mine. But please GET A GUILD
  • Options
    There's no benefit to not joining a guild. You can elect to be a total mute and ignore everybody. You don't have to interact at all but the game turns to glorified trophy collecting without a guild.
  • Options
    You can join my guild only 2open spots ally code: 438881818
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Only way to get raid/guild store gear is buy farming shard shop currency. But that's slow going. If you do not want to join a guild, then you have to accept that fact and deal with it.
  • Options
    There are plenty of easygoing guilds out there where you can go without even having to talk to people. It's not how the game normally functions but there are options nonetheless.
  • Options
    Guilding is the only way outside of being a kraken.
  • Options
    Umm...good luck with that.

I was 100% against guilds before they were introduced, now I can't imagine playing without one.
  • Options
    you can manage with out a guild up to gear 8 . but i don't see a way you can compete or gear your teams after that maybe crystal gear purchases but it will be so slow if you don't spent too much.
  • Options
    Oorun wrote: »
    you can manage with out a guild up to gear 8 . but i don't see a way you can compete or gear your teams after that maybe crystal gear purchases but it will be so slow if you don't spent too much.

This. If you want to compete in arena (say top 200,depending on your shard) you have 1 of 2 options :
    1) Join a guild for higher level raid gear.
    2) Whale out, buy several vaults and spend intelligently (i.e. on gear - not packs).
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Being in a guild is part of the game. There's no other way to be successful. It's really easy. Use the guild search tool in the game, or poke around this forum for guilds looking for members. As mentioned, there are casual guilds where you don't have to _do_ much of anything, but you will still get rewards. Or do what I did initially: start your own guild and leave it open to rando joiners. People will join, you'll earn tickets with which you can start raids for which you will get gear, credits, and more. You can get a lot done without having to even talk to each other. No reason to avoid it.
  • Options
    Thanks for the info, folks.
  • Options
    SharkMilkk wrote: »
    There's no benefit to not joining a guild. You can elect to be a total mute and ignore everybody. You don't have to interact at all but the game turns to glorified trophy collecting without a guild.

While I understand the sentiment, being mute is a problem. I don't yet require people join discord, but if someone doesn't communicate given some past experiences I assume they don't care about reading chat and raid rules or TB advice, or they can't chat because of age and same problem.

If one doesn't want to chat, one can start your own guild and do non-heroic raids until you can solo Rancor, plus earn guild currency to buy gear, etc. Even put in the description, no chat, just fight, or whatever, if one wants other members. But I doubt there would be many who would want to join such a guild long-term.
  • Options
    epeeist wrote: »
    SharkMilkk wrote: »

While I understand the sentiment, being mute is a problem. I don't yet require people join discord, but if someone doesn't communicate given some past experiences I assume they don't care about reading chat and raid rules or TB advice, or they can't chat because of age and same problem.

If one doesn't want to chat, one can start your own guild and do non-heroic raids until you can solo Rancor, plus earn guild currency to buy gear, etc. Even put in the description, no chat, just fight, or whatever, if one wants other members. But I doubt there would be many who would want to join such a guild long-term.

I think he was kind of talking about bare minimum here. He wouldn't qualify for a lot of guilds if he doesn't participate in chat to at least some degree, but there are plenty of casual guilds that would be happy just to have his 600 contribution every day.
  • Options
    I was Lucky to join a guild who just had HAAT on farm when i was only lvl 72. Could i do much in those raids ? No i couldnt. Did i put one 7star character with 0 damage in every raid they did ? You bet ya ! Why would a guild who has HAAT on farm invite such a new player you could ask youself. Wel the fact is that if you do your 600 every single day they wil love you for it. Today i have GK at 7 stars gear 12 and top 20 in arena from time to time. It was a big jump to make and i had to make due with the lowest ranking rewards in raids and still do but **** it was worth it. I have to add all the ppl in my guild are level headed ppl who dont make a big fuss when things go wrong. There is a set of rules tho and the biggest one is do your 600 every day and the newest player can do that...
  • Options
    Join a decent guild
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    As someone who spent quite a while as a solo f2p, I will wholeheartedly echo the "join a guild" advice. My life doesn't always allow me to play as much as some guilds would like, and my GP isn't the greatest, but I scouted the recruitment pages for a while, looked around, and found a guild that has been a great fit so far... good officers, just enough rules, meets goals, and is still laid back. I've jumped from ~700 to ~300 in arena by breaking through the G8 wall, and my toons are growing faster than when I was solo. I'm sure you could find a good fit out there for you.
  • Options
    Pauper wrote: »
    Noticing that my toons -- both on the ground and in space -- don't seem as effective as the toons I see in other players' stables, and figured out it's my gear. I've got only three characters with gear higher than T8 (First Order Stormtrooper and Ahsoka Tano at T9, and Vader at T10).

Other than the traditional advice (spend crystals on energy refreshes and farm LS/DS missions, join a guild, etc.), are there any other options for a solo, mainly FTP player to get more toons geared up?

Honestly, everyone is right. You won't get far in the game without Raid rewards and good group of guys to give you advice. IF you would like to try joining a guild, mine is currently recruiting. We're pretty relaxed and friendly. PM me if interested.
    ~Leader of the Guavian Guild~
    Ally Code: 648-645-782
    Discord: TheChosenOne516#9537
  • Options
    Join a guild make it fun. Break all the rules just act confused and try to talk your way out of getting booted. Once booted join another do the same see how long you can last. Then it's like your not part of a guild your just annoying.
  • Options
    ProximaB1_ wrote: »
    Join a guild make it fun. Break all the rules just act confused and try to talk your way out of getting booted. Once booted join another do the same see how long you can last. Then it's like your not part of a guild your just annoying.

lol I love this :D:D:D
  • Options

That's messed up. :D
  • Options

Wait, do people do this? That explains SO MUCH....
  • Options
    I was against guilds until level 80, then I joined one. The game is way easier with one than without one.
  • Options
    I was against guilds until level 80, then I joined one. The game is way easier with one than without one.

That'sa long time to hold out.
This discussion has been closed.