Needed advice on where to place Zylo

Hello everyone.

I currently run Zader (L), Palpatine, Nihilus, Bobba and Shoretropper in my arena and I usually sit around 100-200 rank which I don't mind. Could be better. My arena is currently made up of a lot of chaze and wings combination.

Defense wise is pretty good. Say I am rank 118 before reset, next morning I am 138 sometimes 150+ unless everyone goes crazy on me.

As of today, i will be able to zeta Kylo and I am wondering if I were to fit him in my current team, who does he replace? Or just leave him for raids?

My profile can be found here. https://swgoh.gg/u/nosfentor/

Thanks a lot guys.

Replies

• usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Why kylo ? I would swap boba for deathtrooper, with zader, dns unique zeta is good too, but id hold off giving zeta to kylo if i were u
  • Options
    Hi usho1, Boba I need him to ability block first. Deathtropper far from ready. Who is DNS? Nihilus? Thanks buddy.
  • Options
    Nosfentor wrote: »
    Hi usho1, Boba I need him to ability block first. Deathtropper far from ready. Who is DNS? Nihilus? Thanks buddy.

DN's ...dn can increase cooldowns often than bobas ab, boba is pretty much useless midgame+, it would be better to have dn+deathtrooper for 2x CD increase
  • Options
    Hmm interesting about death trooper's grenade. Forgotten about that ability. But that means he gotta go very fast. Thanks usho1.

I'll still probably work on my zylo (for raids). My guild still hasn't done any heroic and am pushing them to do so.
  • Options
    Not entirely sure how EP works at that sort of arena rank but id replace him with Zylo. (in top 50 stun isn't really possible/viable with all the cleanse and T up.)

There is no EP in my shards top 50 and hasn't been for a long time. I use Zylo is my arena team and fluctuate between 20-50 rank. Hes a great tank (not actual tank) and his outrage can be amazing.
  • Options
    Thanks Revi. I'll try it out later with 2 more battles left and see if the Defence is okay. Swapping with EP to try.
  • DarkstarSunrise
    570 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    EP is squishy and doesn't scare anyone. zKylo can be a real pain to deal with. I think that's your swap.

Click my profile below and note when I added zKylo to my arena team, rank really stabilized. Albeit I replaced a different toon in a different line up, but the result should be similar.
  • Options
    Thanks darstar

I finally broke rank 100. But new set of problems. Could not get pass any higher as stronger opponents naturally. R2D2 and zavage+chaze+wiggs. Never ending story. I am trying to gear boba up to tier xi. I wonder if it is a good move. Next I will definitely zeta nihilus unique.

My rank overnight stayed. Didn't move probably because there were not much activity since it is pvp activity after reset at Singapore time 6.30pm.
  • Options
    Thanks for all the advice guys. I am happy with this setup. My GW unfortunately became terribly difficult for last node, which is expected.

I think for sake of GW I will zeta savage as his brute is quite durable.
  • Options
    Dropped you a PM ;)
  • Options
    Zeta finn... For gw
  • Options
    Usho1 Finn? Why is that so? My Finn is just meh
  • Options

With his Zeta, resistance become very good...
    You can do lots of damage in the HAAT, they are good for GW and TB...
    My collection https://swgoh.gg/u/Hskull55/
    Sorry for my English :]
  • Options
    Oh but my resistance team is v young. May not be viable now.
  • Options
    Will you/Should he drop Zavage into that Zader squad? Would that help?
  • Options
    Hi NTZ, I have removed Kylo from my arena squad. GW is insanely crazy after that, before I have no issues clearing with just one team.

I do have the thought of putting zavage in this squad that I am building

Zader L
    Nihilus
    Zavage
    Sith Trooper/Bobba for to ability block those pesky R2 and Chirrut
    Sith Assasin

Overall I want to maintain low arena power hence the sith assassin. Should use her likely 4/5 stars (still farming) haha. I know sith faction is dead but I don't wanna go the meta route. I have no meta characters anyway, sad sad sad.
  • Options
    zKylo Ren single handily finished T3 of the Offense Mod challenge at 3*. While that makes me very happy now... kinda wish I had the zeta back because I almost never use him anywhere else.... Unless First Order will be required to get BB8, then I will be super-stoked!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Options
    My friend, FIRST OREDER is required to get BB8 so you should be happy! Oh about offence mod challenge.. i shall try.
  • Cannonfodder1018
    121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

1. Once exposes start rolling in, zFinn Resistance teams prevent the other team from ever taking a turn. If you have R2-D2 in place of Rey, you have two characters that stun which prevents counter attacks and can also prevent movement if the other team does actually get any TM.
    2. I would argue that resistance teams are the best for territory battles as well.

Funny enough, the hardest character to take down is actually Kylo because exposes don’t do too much damage to him.
  • Options
    Thanks Cannon. Right now working on FO team (need to make FOO, FOST and FOTP to 5 stars). Hopefully I can at least get five star BB8. My R2 is currently 5 stars only. Resistance I have Finn and Poe at 6 stars gear 8 I think. Not fantastic but I will farm for resistant pilot, then hopefully one day with bb8 and r2 i can clear gw better.

Kylo i find him so so perhaps my mods are not the most ideal. Definitely good at phase 1 AAT normal for me. I use him solo for 3 battles, then last 2 pair with empire and rebels. Can get decent damage after 5 battles about 1.6mil overall. Can be better but thanks for all the advice guys. really appreciated it.
  • Options
    Sorry for the late reply, inbox was flooded, with zeta finn, you'll be reducing tm, stacking exposes, reducing cooldowns and just slicing through galactic war. Resistance with zeta finn is viable even at g 7-8 for galactic war, just mod them and watch them go, and zavage is not the best zeta as it is now, it was though, a few months ago.
  • Options
    usho1 : because i am thinking of this squad for arena.

Vader L reduce TM and of course permanent DOTS if he doesn't die
    DN CD increase + annihilate if possible
    SA + tm grant and hopefully deals damage
    Zavage + his usual gismos
    Sith trooper to take the beating (I noticed he takes damage better than shoretrooper even though he is only gear 9)

With this maybe I will give all the speed mods from dooku to SA. That is why. What do you think pal?

I know sith is dead. I still manage to stay rank 80+ after removing zylo as palatine is quite useful for the mass stuns and shock especially for baze.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Drop it, if you want to float 100-200 then keep it, but if your goal is to reach 50-10-1 drop vader. Ds in general.

I love siths and imperials but sadly I want to compete, as for f2p the only place I get valuable resource(crystals) is arena, go light side.
  • Options
    Thanks Usho1 I know you meant well. Yes I will work on my resistance.
  • Options
    Resistance will do good for you in regards of galactic war,(long term) plus great haat team, as for arena, theyre not that viable unless your poe goes at 280+
    But ls battles, galactic war and haat, theyre really very good.
    If you want to stick to imperial setup, work on shore trooper, gat, dt, then stick dn and gk there too and u got imperial meta... Welp pretty close
  • Options
    I do not have GAT hahaha and GK no way. My guild not doing HAAT. In fact, NONE of them has a zeta.
  • usho1
    363 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hmh unless theyre friends, drop them too, not sure about your shard, but thrawn, sh t, dt, dn, stormtrooper or some good character must be viable