Platoon requirements are fine and fair, forum needs to grow up

Prev134
There's a lot of complaining on the forums about platoon requirements, and the general complaint is, I can't fill a platoon 100% unless I spend money. Thus the conclusion is by the forums, 'It' s not fair'.

But here I don't understand the forums. The platoon requirements in their current state are actually already fair, because of one simple, albeit overlooked, fact. Everyone has the same rng by the game on their guild's platoon requirements. Since no advantages exist giving one guild the upper hand over another guild, I can conclude that we're all treated equally. And then i make another conclusion, that TB rewards are gated at this time to slow the game down, by making some parts of TB too difficult to master on it's opening day. That seems very reasonable, but apparently the forums overlook these facts. I say there's a reason why the forum reacts this way. The forum needs to grow up and start acting more mature about their perceived problems, and to stop complaining about imaginary issues.
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• Nugman
    20 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Platoons, platoons, platoons. I believe this is something that pretty much every guild is having a problem with *especially* when talking about ship squadron requirements. Today marks the 2nd day that my guild has been required to have two Millennium Falcons and two TIE Reapers (yesterday and 4* and today 5*) and I fear that tomorrow we will again see a repeat but then it will be a 6* requirement. I tried contacting support yesterday via email but was given no remedy or solution in the works. Today I was on the phone for nearly an hour with a representative that had minimal (emphasis on minimal) knowledge of the gameplay and workings of this game and wasn't familiar with the mentioned ships. After a long conversation I was given the same answer but was told to post here in hopes that my post would gain traction and a Dev would contact me.
    I am not a disgruntled newbie complaining about not being able to get toons/ships fast enough to keep up with the competition. I've been playing nearly 2 years, understand that this is a business and don't have an issue with certain characters being pack exclusive when first released, but this is not the case in this situation. What would have happened if the Thrawn event was announced and two of the Phoenix squad weren't farmable, that would have been a ridiculous expectation. Telling players to spend hundreds or thousands of dollars on a mega fleet pack to hopefully *unlock* (not even 4*, 5*, 6*, or 7*) to me is absolutely insane. Either make these ships farmable or remove them from required platoon ships.
    This is something that can potentially affect the final Territory Battle payout because less platoons are able to be filled, which means players won't have the ship bonuses to make them stronger, which means less phases completed, which means less TB points. Because less squadrons are filled, less bonus TB points are now able to be earned, which in combination with completing less phases lowers TB points in territories, which means less stars, which means a lower payout, which leads to slower progress that would not have been hindered if simply these ships aren't required.
    @CG_Carrie @CG_Kozispoon @CG_RyDiggs
  • Options
    Ditto ^
  • Options
    Platoons, platoons, platoons. This seems to be one of the biggest things causing issues in guilds at the moment. Today marks the second day in a row that two Millennium Falcons and two TIE Reapers (yesterday 4* and today 5*) have been required to fill multiple squadrons and I have a great fear the same thing will repeat after the next reset and the same thing will be required but 6*. Yesterday (9/13) I contacted support via email to voice my frustration but was told nothing could be done. After today’s reset, Phase 4 (9/14) I reached out again and was on the phone for nearly an hour with a representative that had minimal (emphasis on minimal) knowledge of the gameplay of Territory Battles and familiarity of ships being mentioned. Through much talk and “I’m very sorry(s)” I was left with a similar answer of that nothing could be done but to reach out on the forums, hope that my post gained traction/attention and maybe a Dev would contact me. In the end, to me this is ridiculous to have these ships required but have no farmable location for them. Simply either make them available to farm through nodes or stores OR remove them from the platoon squadrons.

I am not a disgruntled newbie that is complaining about not being able to achieve toons/ships/gear fast enough to keep up. I’ve been playing for nearly two years and understand that in the end this game is part of a business that needs to makes money. I understand making some characters immediately available through purchase or crystal packs and being available down the road in other areas (in some instances I have purchased and other times I have chosen not to) but this is not one of those cases. What would have happened during the Thrawn event if 2 of the 6 were not available in any nodes or stores but were still required? I think it’s ridiculous to require players to blow hundreds or even thousands of dollars into the random Chromium or Fleet Pack hat and hope to pull some Falcon or Reaper, to maybe activate one of them and then require even more to be spent to raise them to 4, 5, 6, and 7 star so that multiple platoon squadrons can be filled.

I know that there are some top tier guilds in which many players have invested a lot into this game and are not so deeply affected by this issue, but I’m fairly sure I speak for the vast majority of guilds and players when I say that this is negatively impacted Territory Battle gameplay, overall gameplay, and feelings towards the this game. This isn’t just frustration of not being able to fill squadrons, but this is issue bleeds over into all aspects of the game. By requiring these un-farmable ships in squadrons that means that in the following phase player’s ships won’t have the max perks that the would’ve had, which means that they could fail to complete all phases of a mission, which means they earn less TB points for that territory. By not filling the squadrons the guild doesn’t receive the bonus TB points by filling an entire squadron, which again means that the guild earns less TB points, and combined with the lower amount of TB points from missions that can mean fewer stars, which means a lower payout, which means less gear, crystals and currency that could have been achieved if simply these ships were not required.

Thank you to those who have read this post and let’s hope a resolution comes swiftly.
  • Options
    There is no way to farm the Falcon or Reaper. It's very frustrating!
  • Options
    Every guild should have whales.. LOT OF
  • Options
    U actually stayed on the phone for an hour to tell them about a ship that u did not buy that was needed in a small portion of the game? The falcon is available u just have to buy packs. Why would they require a ship that isn't free? Wait for it wait for it because they want people to buy packs to get it. When people are not buying your product u find other ways to sell I.e platoons in a new game mode. Why get upset not having one or two platoons should not cost stars. So don't blow a gasket cause thank all the whales out there buying packs and they should get extra stuff they pay for it. Cause the minute this game is not profitable it is over and if u don't believe me go try to play Star Wars uprising
  • Options
    The falcon is available u just have to buy packs. Why would they require a ship that isn't free? Wait for it wait for it because they want people to buy packs to get it... Why get upset not having one or two platoons should not cost stars.

I said they were available in packs but that they are in farmable. I just think it’s ridiculous and I know a lot of people are running into the same issue. There have already been guilds that miss stars by less than a million TB points so it’s very possibly to lose stars, especially for medium, smaller guilds, and even big guilds.
    I understand they want to people to buy packs, crystals etc. it’s a business that needs a revenue stream but to get these players would have to pour money into mega fleet packs in the hopes of getting shards for these ships. There’s always talk how they care about the players and what not but this just feels like the majority of players are getting the shaft.
  • Options
    U actually stayed on the phone for an hour to tell them about a ship that u did not buy that was needed in a small portion of the game? The falcon is available u just have to buy packs. Why would they require a ship that isn't free? Wait for it wait for it because they want people to buy packs to get it. When people are not buying your product u find other ways to sell I.e platoons in a new game mode. Why get upset not having one or two platoons should not cost stars. So don't blow a gasket cause thank all the whales out there buying packs and they should get extra stuff they pay for it. Cause the minute this game is not profitable it is over and if u don't believe me go try to play Star Wars uprising

Read whole OP before pasting comment which has no sense.
  • Options
    Nothing will be done because those are pay wall items. We will never be able to complete TB until they are removed (which they won't be) or we pay for them.

This will all be business as usual, we better get used to it.
  • Options
    Let it go. Sometimes you just have to pay. And if not, you still get to play ALL of TBs... I don't see the issue. The only outcome from the current set up is that a lot of guilds don't get 45* and hence the complaints/observations. You actually get to play the content regardless, so the complaint boils down to many guilds including your own cant't get 45*. It doesn't matter how you mask your comment, that's what it boils down to. Let it go or move on.
  • Options
    u ever hear that in certain types of business that 10% of the customers account for 75 to 80% of that revenue stream it is kind of like that here cause I have been playing since 6 months after the game came out and haven't paid a dime. To keep that 10% coming back u have to give them something that sets them apart from other and in this case it's the falcon beings accessible mostly thru whales and super guilds. But it's okay the game is still fun or what u make it
  • Options
    Xezee wrote: »

Read whole OP before pasting comment which has no sense.
    Read whole op and maybe I didn't type show enough for u especially when I wasn't talking to u any ways and what I posted made plenty of sense go back and read slooooower or have someone read it to u or do none of the above
  • Options
    dad2my3 wrote: »
    There is no way to farm the Falcon or Reaper. It's very frustrating!

Well, you can get the tie reaper from a rare empire assault event xD. Only 5 shards per run and it's rare drop too. So not farmable lol.
  • Options
    u ever hear that in certain types of business that 10% of the customers account for 75 to 80% of that revenue stream it is kind of like that here cause I have been playing since 6 months after the game came out and haven't paid a dime. To keep that 10% coming back u have to give them something that sets them apart from other and in this case it's the falcon beings accessible mostly thru whales and super guilds. But it's okay the game is still fun or what u make it

I know that too. I'm not new to the gaming/mobile gaming world, I know how it works. I've played this game for almost 2 years now and I've played other mobile games as well. I know the system and big spenders are what keeps the game going for the most part. I don't believe though that the whales and super guilds "needed" the Millennium Falcon and TIE Reaper requirement to feel superior. Those types of guilds/players get that feeling through raid points, leaderboard rankings and now TB stars/rewards.

• Options
    At the end of the day it's just a game I know u are venting but have fun don't let your joy be stolen. I haven't had a zeta in a month and a have but it's all joy (till I hit that two month mark then there will be hell to pay) but w joy
  • Options
    At the end of the day they aren't worth getting anyways. Cost vs benefit...
  • Options
    Nugman wrote: »
    Platoons, platoons, platoons. This seems to be one of the biggest things causing issues in guilds at the moment. Today marks the second day in a row that two Millennium Falcons and two TIE Reapers (yesterday 4* and today 5*) have been required to fill multiple squadrons and I have a great fear the same thing will repeat after the next reset and the same thing will be required but 6*. Yesterday (9/13) I contacted support via email to voice my frustration but was told nothing could be done. After today’s reset, Phase 4 (9/14) I reached out again and was on the phone for nearly an hour with a representative that had minimal (emphasis on minimal) knowledge of the gameplay of Territory Battles and familiarity of ships being mentioned. Through much talk and “I’m very sorry(s)” I was left with a similar answer of that nothing could be done but to reach out on the forums, hope that my post gained traction/attention and maybe a Dev would contact me. In the end, to me this is ridiculous to have these ships required but have no farmable location for them. Simply either make them available to farm through nodes or stores OR remove them from the platoon squadrons.

I am not a disgruntled newbie that is complaining about not being able to achieve toons/ships/gear fast enough to keep up. I’ve been playing for nearly two years and understand that in the end this game is part of a business that needs to makes money. I understand making some characters immediately available through purchase or crystal packs and being available down the road in other areas (in some instances I have purchased and other times I have chosen not to) but this is not one of those cases. What would have happened during the Thrawn event if 2 of the 6 were not available in any nodes or stores but were still required? I think it’s ridiculous to require players to blow hundreds or even thousands of dollars into the random Chromium or Fleet Pack hat and hope to pull some Falcon or Reaper, to maybe activate one of them and then require even more to be spent to raise them to 4, 5, 6, and 7 star so that multiple platoon squadrons can be filled.

I know that there are some top tier guilds in which many players have invested a lot into this game and are not so deeply affected by this issue, but I’m fairly sure I speak for the vast majority of guilds and players when I say that this is negatively impacted Territory Battle gameplay, overall gameplay, and feelings towards the this game. This isn’t just frustration of not being able to fill squadrons, but this is issue bleeds over into all aspects of the game. By requiring these un-farmable ships in squadrons that means that in the following phase player’s ships won’t have the max perks that the would’ve had, which means that they could fail to complete all phases of a mission, which means they earn less TB points for that territory. By not filling the squadrons the guild doesn’t receive the bonus TB points by filling an entire squadron, which again means that the guild earns less TB points, and combined with the lower amount of TB points from missions that can mean fewer stars, which means a lower payout, which means less gear, crystals and currency that could have been achieved if simply these ships were not required.

Thank you to those who have read this post and let’s hope a resolution comes swiftly.

This game is for whales and krakens you have to deal with that
  • Shade_Thanewulf
    229 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    All the toons in the game except the "Extremely rare event" toons become farmable after about a 3 month period. Ships have been in the game now for about a year and these ships, especially the Falcon are still behind a paywall. It's absolute bull!

Get with the program CG. You know, the program you instituted.
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    I would be fine with this if there were actually tools to steer the guild other than moaning in the chat when people deploy to platoons that we can't possibly populate.

This frustrates me a whole lot more than there being toons/ships we need to pay for.
  • Options
    I paid for Kylo's ship. Happily bought the unlock pack. Actually a good ship, but it's eternally stuck at 4* until it get somewhere it can be farmed. I'm not blowing crystals on those packs so I can get mostly stuff I've already 7*. At least after I bought the unlock pack for Slave 1 it was farmable.

My guild needed 2 Kylo's at 5* today. We have 4-5 at 4*. Last TB we needed 4 Falcons at (I think) 6*. I don't think we even have 1 unlocked, and it's a terrible ship. Thus why nobody has chased it.
  • Options
    I still dont get ppl moaning about the ship platoons (character ones i sort of get but most are farmable but just where not priority farms, new ewoks excluded).
    Last time we didnt get level 1 on the ship platoon on phase 4 or 5 or 6.
    What did this affect - absolutely nothing. Ship tiles where still easy. 3 average ships and you can still beat the ship battles even on phase 6.
    Yes it would be nice to complete all platoons but what are you actually losing by not completing ship platoons except a few 100k on rewards?
  • Options
    Philan81 wrote: »
    I still dont get ppl moaning about the ship platoons (character ones i sort of get but most are farmable but just where not priority farms, new ewoks excluded).
    Last time we didnt get level 1 on the ship platoon on phase 4 or 5 or 6.
    What did this affect - absolutely nothing. Ship tiles where still easy. 3 average ships and you can still beat the ship battles even on phase 6.
    Yes it would be nice to complete all platoons but what are you actually losing by not completing ship platoons except a few 100k on rewards?

Ship platoons reinforce the other areas of battle, not ship battles
  • Options
    So they do :D
    Right i want all the special non-farmable ships farmable now ;)
  • Options
    Kylo's shuttle also shows up now and then. And I also find it very annoying how often Phoenix shows up, especially when one of the battles specifically requires them. Yet one of the platoons needs 5 Phoenix members
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Kylo's shuttle also shows up now and then. And I also find it very annoying how often Phoenix shows up, especially when one of the battles specifically requires them. Yet one of the platoons needs 5 Phoenix members

I've never seen kylo's shuttle in the store. I saw it previously to the opening of the first TB (with other dark side ships), but since then I have only seen light side ships (and it has been more than a week checking) so I assume there are only light side ships now in TB shop.

If I'm wrong please provide a pic of it (I will be very happy if kylo's shuttle truly appears in TB shop)
  • GrantusMaximus
    265 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »

Kylo's shuttle never shows up, save in events.

OP, maybe we aren't meant to be able to complete those straight away and its WAI. I have spent quite a bit on ships and Falcon have never dropped for me, only one person in our guild has Tie Reaper.

I was led to believe there was going to be a chance to win Falcon shards in the future but this has never been confirmed.
  • Options
    There is obviously a bug. If rng would work, there would be no chance of receiving 4 identical squadrons! Not only same ships, same spot as well!
    How is the statistical chance of this happening?
  • Options
    There was a vivid reaction to what looks a lot like a bug where the exact same combination appears many times, and it was right to report it as a likely bug.

That said, everything going beyond that (it's unfair, needs a fix ASAP, money grab, etc) is overreacting, as I'm quite confident the whole platoon affair has a very little impact on the actual stars you get from the event. I'd go as far as saying that in most cases, not filling any platoon at all will not cost the guild a star.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    I hear ya. Bugs are always worth fixing. Have devs confirmed it's a bug?
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • GrantusMaximus
    265 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Are squadron requirements RNG generated or decided by someone at CG?
    Are all faction squadron requirements the same for all factions?
    Or are they different and therefore some less demanding for strong factions or harder for weaker factions?
    Are they different each tour?

I don't think its unfair, like I said elsewhere maybe there are future plans for the ships (eg Falcon event) but surely those who spend more deserve to get something exclusive as an incentive and reward?

Where's everyone sense of building up to the challenge instead of I want to be able to 3 star everything straight away.