Is it possible to unlock EP (Tier VI so 5 star?) at level 50 or am I dreaming...?

CountPookoo
189 posts Member
edited September 2017
Curious what team I would need to unlock EP...guy on my shard has a level 50 EP and the highest toon in his inventory is level 52...so it must be possible...curious what is the best combo to unlock him.

My characters available for the event are:

https://swgoh.gg/u/rexbigilo/collection/

I have about 10k crystals if it wanted to invest in the packs...a risky strategy I know but based on my toons I wouldn't mind some advice on who I should focus on to try and get the 5* EP?

I'm thinking Lando/Akbar are a must since I have them at 6* i have chirut at 5 star and 4 star Ashoka with heaps of upgrade available ( 180/65) so she should go to 7* yea? I have about 4million credits..and 11k crystals if I wanted to gamble on getting lucky on Baze tho via cards...very risky..

My rebel team breezed thru the first three and hit a wall on T4...is it worthwhile gearing toons to try get it now or better to sit back and wait for the event to come back around.

Thanks

Replies

• Options
    You need 5 5* ones and you have only 2 at 5* atm. Don't know when ep is running. But 5 5* gear 6 or 7 should be enough I think.
  • Options
    Hi I've updated post with the toons I have and * level. Don't think swgoh armoury has updated the changes I have done tho
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Ah EP running now on my shard for 5 days. I'm pretty sure I need 5 - 6* toons to one shot it and get Palpatine..25 crystals per battle need 145 in total - am I correct?
  • Options
    For 5* you need 5x 5* chars.just not sure what gear lvl is needed for 5*. I have done him 7* with lvl 75 or so and gear 8. I think with gear 6 max 7 you can do it easy. You can try often as you want till you win. Don't need Crystal to do fighting.
  • Options
    Ceberus wrote: »
    For 5* you need 5x 5* chars.just not sure what gear lvl is needed for 5*. I have done him 7* with lvl 75 or so and gear 8. I think with gear 6 max 7 you can do it easy. You can try often as you want till you win. Don't need Crystal to do fighting.

I think he meant 'shards' instead of crytals.

And yes, if you beat tier 5 you will have enough shards to unlock EP at 5*. It is not 25 shards per battle, because 5*25 doesn't equal 145. But, don't worry about the distribution of the shards, just worry about beating all 5 battles. If you don't get there, it won't matter how many shards you got.
  • Options
    Hey thanks.

My EP is at 100/145..and I'm currently on the T5 encounter.

So if I beat the T5 encounter does that give 45 EP shards? T5 is hurting me bad..but my gear is craps..any advice which squad I should be using to get this over the line?
  • Options
    Hey thanks.

My EP is at 100/145..and I'm currently on the T5 encounter.

So if I beat the T5 encounter does that give 45 EP shards? T5 is hurting me bad..but my gear is craps..any advice which squad I should be using to get this over the line?

Yes, T5 will give you enough to unlock EP at 5 stars. It has been too long for me to remember the breakdown, but if you currently have 100, it will give you 45 more.

It is hard to give squad advice without an updated swgoh.gg. Yours still shows only 2 5* chars.

Your gear isn't just crap. It's really worse than that.

Do you have mods on your chars? Since you are at 50, you should be able to equip all your chars with mods once they hit 50. Leveling everyone to 50 and getting mods on them and leveled will be a better use of your credits than almost anything else.

The best use of your crystals is absolutely NOT spamming chromiums and hoping for Baze. You should be buying refreshes and spamming the normal nodes with the gear your need to get everyone to g6 or better. With that many crystals, I would say you might even want to buy the 200 crystal refreshes if you have to.

Run ackbar as lead for the cleanse and the tenacity boost. You might also need to run 3 sets of tenacity mods on him just to make sure his cleanse doesn't get disabled through stun.

If you can increase farmboy to 5* -- and I know others might laugh at me for this -- he actually is not a bad option for your lead. His tenacity increase is huge. When I was in your boat, I couldn't beat t5 with an ackbar lead, but beat t5 and t6 in short order just by switching to Luke.

Play around with different combos, but don't bother until you are sitting near g6 and have mods equipped. Even one dot mods will be a big step up from nothing, and they are very cheap to upgrade.

Because you have limited crystals, going beyond 5* rarity might not make sense. The jump in cost is high as you get closer to 7*, but the increase in base stats don't double as the cost doubles each time.

Also, everyone's abilities should be at least at level 3. You might be bottlenecked on mk3 ability mats, but hopefully have plenty of 1s and 2s to get everyone to 3 on every ability (non-lead chars don't need leader ability upgrades, obviously).

It would really help if you manually synced your swgoh.gg account. It is so far out of whack I can't give any better advice than the above.
  • Options
    Also, not sure how many shard you are sitting on for Cassian and K2...but Cassian at lvl4 on his unique would grant tenacity up to K2/STH/OB for 3 turns at the start of the battle. A couple tenacity-up taunters would be great against an opponent that is entirely dependent on debuffs.
  • Options
    Hey mate I sent you a msg also did a manual sync should work now
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I have k2 at 109/30 cassian at 101/30 hoth rebel 212/30 Biggs at 60/25...but I'm really low on cash at 2million now..your advice is great btw...I never thought about tenacity...I have heaps of mods not being used
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Worry less about level and more about gear. Chirrut at g4, seriously?

Get them to g7, swap arena mods to them, and you'll do fine.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Looking at your whole roster again, I'd say you might want to work on getting Palp next time.

I think you are at the point now where you no longer want chromiums. You already have more toons than you can gear. Use your crystals for energy refreshes for gear farming and maybe even a few full pieces from shipments.

Are you in a guild that does good tier raids?
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Noooo....why you reckon I can't do it?

I was thinking Akbar lead with with k2 lando cassian and Chirrut (or old Ben) should be able to get them to 6 or 7 gs in 3 days or so..

I kinda let my LS fall for my arena team..oops
  • Options
    I checked your swgoh and you have now 5 5* that's good. But fulcrum is one of them and she is at gear 1 that's bad. Dunno why people say use Cassian? Because he is only 3 or 4 star
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Right now My team looks like..Akbar(L), Lando, KS, Cassian and Chirrut. Chirut is way under geared and I will need to invest a bit to get him ready..I have Old Ben at gs6+ and he still hits like a wimp :/..thinking seriously about dumping old Ben..

After doing some reading i dunno whether it's safer to just forget KS and Cassian and run Lando,Akbar, Wedge,Biggs and STH or Chirrut. Would need to invest a bit in wedge and Biggs but (but) from the vids and research I have done it seems they are great around the 50 level and Wedge L with Biggs is supposedly a must for undergeared attempts on EP...can anyone confirm or deny whether Wedge L / Biggs is a better than KS and Cassian at level 50 and GS 6-7? Mainly from a synergy and single target dps perspective?
  • Options
    Get wedge geared, I would try then Akbar lead lando wedge chirrut and sthan, you could try to wedge lead and old Ben instead of sthan. Old Ben is not there for damage, he is there to debuff taunt and die.
  • Options
    Best would be wedge lead,Biggs, lando, chirrut and sthan. When you can get Biggs 5* and geared
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    Ceberus wrote: »
    Best would be wedge lead,Biggs, lando, chirrut and sthan. When you can get Biggs 5* and geared

This would be the team. You definitely want Wedge lead if you have the option. In that case, having Chirut and Ackbar is redundant, and Chirrut is better. But you absolutely NEED to gear them.
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So far...the best outcome I have got at my level (50) and gear (gear5ish) was..

Akbar(L), Lando, Old Ben, Han, Chirut. Chirut buffs are a must and I got emperor down to about 25% after burning down the guards...would that be the right strat? Burn guards first like they do in the vids?

I tried Wedge lead but the team felt a bit squishy but he is shockingly under geared...I'll try and gear him better...And let u know how I get on :wink:
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Wooooot just killed him..decided to invest heavy into Chirut..screenshot before killing blow...thanks all for the advice....feels awesome to finally drop T5 palps tq all :)

Final team was Ak50(L), 52Lando, 51 Old Ben, 51 STH, 52 Cherut...Cherut was a total beast amazing how he improves with gear..

w6ytte.png
  • Options
    Gz bro
  • CountPookoo
    189 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Hmm...curious with my toons all around g6 ish....what are my chances to do T6 u reckon? Highest toon is level 52...i could try and level hard the next few days...or focus on gear..?
  • Options
    Hmm...curious with my toons all around g6 ish....what are my chances to do T6 u reckon? Highest toon is level 52...i could try and level hard the next few days...or focus on gear..?

Worst you could do is try it. If you can raise them all a gear tier, that will go farther than levelling. Levelling will get you access to improving gear, or higher abilities...but I'd say you're unlikely to omega them. Gear 7 might be good enough for tier 6, but make sure you have mods on them.
  • Options
    I came....i tried...and Palps prevailed...oh well next time...
  • Options
    Speed is important, so Akbar or Lando lead will be worthwhile, I had similar toons but was higher level 65 when I first did ep event.