Capt Solo Packs are a waste of crystals

I used 1299 crystals to buy the Capt Solo pack to help with territory battles. All I got was 7 shards. What a waste. Capt Solo is available in the cantina. I would have been better off using the crystals to buy cantina tickets to play 7-D to get more shards. Catina has around a 50% shard drop rate so I estimate I would have gotten approximately 60 - 65 shards with the same number of crystals. That's not to include cantina credits to get other shards in the cantina store and credits. This is a waste and EA should think about what the floor is for these packs when they offer them.

Replies

• Options
    They hook you in with the highest possible range. But they won't give you the probability of winning.
  • Options
    They're almost never worth it. You'd have been better off using the crystals on cantina refreshes.
  • Options
    I spend 300 on refreshes, get the bonus energy each day and get about 7-10 shards a day.

50% drop rate lololololol

See above... its more likely 30%

But yes everyone knows the 1200 crystal packs that offer 5-330 is for whales only, willing to spend couple hundred dollars to 7* star a character.

• Options
    https://youtu.be/vAPqiPx5560?t=210

Yes. There are all not worth it. Like every 1300 Crystals pack u only get (mostly) 7 Shards.
  • Options
    They think getting screwed is going to make you buy more, but the opposite is actually true. I bought one mega-pack and got ripped off, so they're never getting another dime from me. If I had felt like I got even a minor reward for investing I would have bought another.
  • Options
    You were lucky. I got 5 shards.
    And you were lucky too on Cantina. I had streaks of 10+ sims without a single shard dropping. My drop rate there felt more like 20% at most.
    But well, I still ended up earning my first ROLO shard yesterday, and my crystals stash a lot lighter than it was.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    50% ahahah
  • Options
    @JoeyMadeMeDie - U must be new here, plz look at this video
    https://youtu.be/lPdQwSXZlvU
  • Options
    50% droprate hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha pause to catch breath hahahahahahahahaha...
    Where did you get that info? You're not confused with 5%?
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I believe shard drop rates are 33%
  • Options
    I have also been close to 50% with Han. Also high drop rate on purple mats. Been a good node to me.
  • Options
    I believe shard drop rates are 33%

This. Well researched, plenty of data points.

And yes, the packs are a waste of crystals unless you are a whale and feel like blowing through a vault or two.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Catina has around a 50% shard drop rate

No it doesn't.
  • Options
    Those types of packs have never been worth it when the same thing has been released for other characters. You almost always get the minimum shard drop.
  • Options
    Those types of packs have never been worth it when the same thing has been released for other characters. You almost always get the minimum shard drop.

Yeah, sorry to the OP that you had to learn this the hard way, but these packs are for whales who hit the energy refresh limit in Cantina and don't mind spending hundreds of dollars a week or more on the game. They are a gamble, not a value.
  • Options
    Try buying enough packs to get him to 7 star as per the information provided by devs. Then being told the next day he only needs to be 5 star.
  • Options
    I think the expected drop for those packs is 7 fragments. Seems very common for the game to have an expected outcome equal to the second lowest reward (ex. credit heist)
  • Options
    I think the expected drop for those packs is 7 fragments. Seems very common for the game to have an expected outcome equal to the second lowest reward (ex. credit heist)

Except zeta drops. That's usually 0 ;)
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Total rip off, max I got was 10, average 7. I took him all the way to 7*. Highly recommend against it.
  • Options
    In my opinion drop rate for Captain Solo is the worst ever, <10%.
    Since he is mandatory to obtain Hoth Leia, I think this is not random but clear decision to inflict horrible drop rates to all players to make them spend.... but I can live happy without Hoth Ian & Leia...
  • Options
    Twin wrote: »
    I spend 300 on refreshes, get the bonus energy each day and get about 7-10 shards a day.

But yes everyone knows the 1200 crystal packs that offer 5-330 is for whales only, willing to spend couple hundred dollars to 7* star a character.

What I dont get about this, if its true - constantly refreshing cantina costs you (eventually) 200 crystals at a time right? Thats 120 energy so 12 attempts, 3-4 shards on average. So 200 crystals 3-4 shards vs 1300 crystals for 5-7 shards. And lets be honest you're not going to see the 330. If you do you should immediately go out and get those powerball tickets before your luck changes haha

So in other words if I were a whale, I still wouldn't buy them because its much more cost effective to spend an extra 10 seconds to refresh - sim - collect - repeat ad infinitum till I 7 star that character.

Am I right or am I missing something? Like refreshes not being unlimited. Ive never done that many so I dont know. Are there actually any whales out there that do this?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    Twin wrote: »

What I dont get about this, if its true - constantly refreshing cantina costs you (eventually) 200 crystals at a time right? Thats 120 energy so 12 attempts, 3-4 shards on average. So 200 crystals 3-4 shards vs 1300 crystals for 5-7 shards. And lets be honest you're not going to see the 330. If you do you should immediately go out and get those powerball tickets before your luck changes haha

So in other words if I were a whale, I still wouldn't buy them because its much more cost effective to spend an extra 10 seconds to refresh - sim - collect - repeat ad infinitum till I 7 star that character.

Am I right or am I missing something? Like refreshes not being unlimited. Ive never done that many so I dont know. Are there actually any whales out there that do this?

Refreshes aren't unlimited, and they keep increasing in price. It's a matter of time. People who buy the packs do so because they want the character NOW and don't want to wait to farm it over time.