Do you dislike Territory Battles?

HK47isLife
233 posts Member
edited September 2017
I have much love for CG and their passion and support of the game over the past two years, but it seems the more they release the more uninspired they become. TB is literally the same thing again. There is nothing different about it? Why can't we literally get NEW game modes that offer different gameplay experiences? It's just another 45/60 minutes per day, to do the same thing, to earn another form of currency for a shop.

What happened to small boss battles, like we had against the AT-ST, why didn't they expand upon that? Where's live PVP? What about a training mode? How about a story mode (Similar to what we saw for the Luke event)? When Raids came out, they were different, they were unique. TB is not unique, and doesn't add anything special to game...

I'd like to get people opinions on the matter, most people who I know agree with me on these points but are still enjoying the game mode.
Post edited by HK47isLife on

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    If everyone agrees with you why are you asking if you are the only one? You already know you aren't.

I personally like it though. Expecting uniqueness in this type of game isn't really reasonable to me - there are only so many mechanics available to build on, and the devs can only do so much. They can't create a completely new game experience every week.
  • Options
    TB is not bad. But bcause bugs n errors everywhere (until now!!), i think people lost interest.

TB for me is like semi-marquee event. U put new char there, force as requiment, then sold packs relate to the event. Small boss, AT ST, i think it's not benefit much.

Creating event is easy, what's hard i think how to fulfill selling target. And that's why i feel this game is worse from time to time.
  • Options
    I thought AT-ST & Ewoks was stupid and a complete waste of time. I just auto-ed that and it provided zero worth. TB in my opinion is great, its a raid event that involves the entire guild.

But to each his own I suppose.
  • Options
    I don't really dislike it, but it disappoints. You're totally right, beyond the fancy new map there's just plain old recycled event battles. And the whole thing is just an excuse to distribute gear 12 to rich guilds. Once we'll have sorted out how to make the best possible score we can with our GP (which is likely this week), it will turn into a dull routine with a few auto battles and a few clicks per day, like a combination of Challenges and Credit Heist.

This is by no means "end game contents", as there is virtually no strategy (and very little contents) involved. I can't see people getting excited like they were for the Rancor or the Tank, making videos on how this or that team does new levels of damage against the boss. In TB, the only strategy tip that applies is " how to poach high-GP dudes from other guilds".

I've been pleasantly surprised by a few other events, e.g. both Raids, the AT-ST and Luke's journey (splendid, but unfortunately a one-time thing). The TB definitely doesn't live up to the hype of its announcement.
    ☮ Consular ☮ - https://swgoh.gg/u/tiggus/
  • Options
    I'm not a huge fan of it because it puts a ton of stress on the leadership of the guild.

But, it also helps weed out the players leeching off competitive guilds.
  • Options
    Tiggus wrote: »
    I don't really dislike it, but it disappoints. You're totally right, beyond the fancy new map there's just plain old recycled event battles. And the whole thing is just an excuse to distribute gear 12 to rich guilds. Once we'll have sorted out how to make the best possible score we can with our GP (which is likely this week), it will turn into a dull routine with a few auto battles and a few clicks per day, like a combination of Challenges and Credit Heist.

This is by no means "end game contents", as there is virtually no strategy (and very little contents) involved. I can't see people getting excited like they were for the Rancor or the Tank, making videos on how this or that team does new levels of damage against the boss. In TB, the only strategy tip that applies is " how to poach high-GP dudes from other guilds".

I've been pleasantly surprised by a few other events, e.g. both Raids, the AT-ST and Luke's journey (splendid, but unfortunately a one-time thing). The TB definitely doesn't live up to the hype of its announcement.

I agree 100%

It's just more of the same, which is fun but not what hype and innuendo released described
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    It's more lightside and you do NOT get to use your entire roster. Nobody on this earth thought when they said "you can use your entire roster" that it meant just deploy all your darkside for points and not actually get to play them. That was a snake oil salesman pitch if I ever heard one.
  • Options
    OP you get an instant thumbs down for that pathetically old "Am I the only one?" ignorant question.
  • Options
    HK47isLife wrote: »
    Am I only the one who really Dislikes Territory Battles?

Yes?
  • Options
    Kameleonic wrote: »
    OP you get an instant thumbs down for that pathetically old "Am I the only one?" ignorant question.

And for misusing the word literally.
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    Liath wrote: »
    If everyone agrees with you why are you asking if you are the only one? You already know you aren't.

I personally like it though. Expecting uniqueness in this type of game isn't really reasonable to me - there are only so many mechanics available to build on, and the devs can only do so much. They can't create a completely new game experience every week.

Ha ha well played
  • HK47isLife
    233 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

And for misusing the word literally.

Better?
  • Options
    I kinda like them. It requires a lot of involvement from the leader and the officers though and I feel some in my guild are losing interest. I see it in our slower progression, we did well during our previous TB, this one feels slow. I had to ask people that, if they lost interest, fair enough but, as a minimum, just drop everything they had on the designated territory and ignore everything else. So yes, the whole BT is losing steam it seems.
  • Options
    It's just bad recycling of existing game modes with a fancy map.
    Overhyped imo