Simple Fix how to make TB more enjoyable (especially for leaders and officers):

If u are an officer or leader responsible for TB planning in your guild - then u know what im talking about. Yes, the TB can be quite a nightmare. Thats why im suggesting to add 1 new thing: Add the possibility to lock/unlock particular territory (for leaders and officers). Its very simple: U tap the territory and there will be new menu with 4 options to be set:
  1. Lock this territory
  2. Set this territory to be automatically locked once it reaches 1 star
  3. Set this territory to be automatically locked once it reaches 2 stars
  4. Unlock this territory

Replies

• Options
    I'm neither but this is a good call! I thought you were going to say early access to platoons for planning
  • Options
    I'm a guild officer, and I'm very much in favor of the OP's ideas.

• Options
    Good ideas. Ability to lock/unlock parts of the platoon missions would also help immensely.

Even more micromanagement: The abilities in OP, but for all missions. Lock/unlock deployment in a territory.

• Options
    I don't think there is a 'simple' fix to make TB enjoyable :p
  • Options
    I'm not a guild leader but I'm glad I'm not. One of our guild leaders makes a spreadsheet every day to tell us who and where each of us should platoon our characters and like clockwork someone platoons in a platoon we can't fill. It would be nice to be able to lock platoons that are undoable also. Nothing hurts more than some deploying lobot in a none finish able platoon.
  • Options
    Locking territories would be nice. Locking platoons even nicer.

You know what would be amazing though? Taking stock of the characters a guild has and randomizing platoons based on those. That'll be hard enough to get everybody to put in their toons, but not impossible like it is today.
  • Options
    Swgoh.gg helps alot with that if everyone is on it. That's where are leaders get all are character levels from to make the spreadsheets for us to platoon. They know everyone s roster.
  • Options
    Great idea...
  • Options
    I think in life it's a given that 'some' people just don't pay attention and I believe this kind of functionality would address that..
  • Options
    I'm an officer in my guild and I 100% support this idea. Would definitely help at our GP and i'm sure even more for lower guilds
  • Options
    I'm a guild officer and in charge of TB, it's a PiTA. Getting the troops in line is part of the game as well as some not following directions.

My suggestion is learn from the previous ones, you can use the data to get projections for each phase and easily plan a basic guide for people to follow. Those that don't follow it, same as breaking raid rules. The only thing that really stinks is the inability to easily find out who the missing combat/deployment is.
  • Options
    This would be extremely useful!
  • Options
    I would also like a territory highlight. For times when all zones are still being worked on but you could put a focus on a specific area for people who need to deploy and can't find an officer.
  • Options
    echo33 wrote: »
    If u are an officer or leader responsible for TB planning in your guild - then u know what im talking about. Yes, the TB can be quite a nightmare. Thats why im suggesting to add 1 new thing: Add the possibility to lock/unlock particular territory (for leaders and officers). Its very simple: U tap the territory and there will be new menu with 4 options to be set:
    1. Lock this territory
    2. Set this territory to be automatically locked once it reaches 1 star
    3. Set this territory to be automatically locked once it reaches 2 stars
    4. Unlock this territory

This could be a starting point. We should be able to lock/unlock on region and activity level. For example lock any activities in all regions except for platoons. They need to put some logic into the "TB command center thing" like locking regions automatically. There is much work to do, @CG_Kozispoon

Currently TB is not a game mode and certainly not fun for leaders and officers. It is work. Every TB phase is roughly equivalent to one man-day. maybe all guilds should calculate the amount of time invested in planning and control of TB phases and send an invoice to CG for the outsourced workload.
  • Options
    Would also interest me from being able to lock individual Platoons but that's probably too big an ask
  • TheRevJCred
    127 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options