Help with Phoenix team

I have been told that RNG is a complicated thing, but the average drop rate for cantina shard is about 33%. But I'm trying to farm Ezra and Hera and I am frustrated with drop rates constantly in the single digits. It's just for these 2. Do others have this problem or do a I have just bad luck. Also, assuming I have all 6 Phoenix members at equal power, who would you recommend leaving out? And is gear 8 level 85 enough to beat the event at 7 stars?

Replies

• Options
    BeehiveX wrote: »
    I have been told that RNG is a complicated thing, but the average drop rate for cantina shard is about 33%. But I'm trying to farm Ezra and Hera and I am frustrated with drop rates constantly in the single digits. It's just for these 2. Do others have this problem or do a I have just bad luck. Also, assuming I have all 6 Phoenix members at equal power, who would you recommend leaving out? And is gear 8 level 85 enough to beat the event at 7 stars?

It will even out. I would leave Sabine out (harder farm) and absolutely yes you can beat thrawn event and palp event with g8 level 85. With good mods though.
  • Options
    If you got all 6 chops the man to leave out. the drop rates always suck when you need them just keep farming. I would bring hera and Ezra up past 8, if you got good mods hopefully that's enough
  • Options
    Thanks. I am averaging 3 dot mods on them, but that could change as I get more credits. 5 dots are just so expensive. I haven't really played with the team yet, if I did leave out Sabine, would my damage output be enough? What does Chop bring to the team? It's between those 2. And Kansan and Zeb are just so easy to farm that I almost have them ready.
  • Options
    Ezra does a ton of damage. I cleared palps T7 with Hera, Ezra, kanan, zeb, and STHan (because I was a few shards short of Chopper) in about 4 tries. Ezra g10, Han g9, others G8, mediocre mods. Now that chopper is starred and G8, I'm looking forward to Thrawn coming back.
  • Options
    I don't have Thrawn at all so I am dead set on getting him next time around. And we will probably only get about 2 weeks official notice, so I need to be wrapping up by then. And having a TB node for them sweetens the pot for getting them. Otherwise it's a lot of work for just getting one new character.
  • Options
    Personally, I farmed Hera through the cantina and Ezra through fleet shop simply because of the fact that they're both in cantina. And for what it's worth, I actually finished them both within a week of each other. I would have finished Ezra first (considering he's a shop character) if it wasn't for the fact that I got some bad rng as I got closer to 7* him. So if you can do that, then the fact that you're making progress on them both at the same time will lessen the defeat of bad rng drops...I hope. xD
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
    BeehiveX wrote: »

It will even out. I would leave Sabine out (harder farm) and absolutely yes you can beat thrawn event and palp event with g8 level 85. With good mods though.

This ^^

I brought hera up to g10, just because she is key to the teams function. chopper was g9 (maybe g10) too at the time for a little extra health and protection since you want him to sop up the damage.
  • Options
    I have been buying up Ezra shipments when available. As far as saying Sabine is hard to farm, do you mean shards and gear? I definitely feel the gear crunch since so many of them need the same stuff.