Which character should get the next nerf?

Prev1
PmanRingo
30 posts Member
edited February 2016
As we all know, some characters just make things unfair and test our tempers...

Which character should get the next nerf? 123 votes

Darth Sidious
1% 2 votes
Captain Phasma
1% 2 votes
Geonosian Soldier
20% 25 votes
Captain Dooku
11% 14 votes
Rey
13% 17 votes
None
21% 27 votes
They should just buff other characters instead
29% 36 votes

Replies

• Options
    Lol my bad I know it's not captain. Wasn't thinking
  • Options
    Enough with the nerf posts. I face GS, Rey, etc everyday with QGJ leader in arena. Instead of calling nerf, just take notice and start working on the character that hands your **** to you like I have done with Rey!!!
  • Options
    Old Ben, if anyone at all for that matter. All the others are interchangeable and balanced, old Ben is unique in what he can do. If you must proceed with someone, it's an obvious choice
  • Options
    I'd rather they just improved the 2 dozen plus characters which are too weak and that would lead to more variety and more interest.
  • Options
    I'd rather they just improved the 2 dozen plus characters which are too weak and that would lead to more variety and more interest.

That's what I would like. I guess there is no need for nerfs, some characters are just too elite. Sidious's dodge rate is way too high though
  • Options
    Who's Captain Dooku?
  • Options
    Who's Captain Dooku?

Lol
  • Kaninchen
    78 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Man, they should nerf people calling for nerfs on this forum.
  • Options
    Why nerf characters? changing in game mechanics is probably a better priority. Then revisit character balance as necessary.
  • Options
    Who's Captain Dooku?

+1
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Kaninchen wrote: »
    Man, they should nerf people calling for nerfs on this forum.
    +1

• JediGhost117
    1756 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dooku hits for too much damage. At least with QGJ and Geo soldier it's only 2 attacks. With Dooku he can hit you 3 times for 100% of his damage, so basically he hits for 3 times his damage with zero effort put into using him.
  • Options
    Why is the original poster not an option?
  • Options
    Dooku hits for too much damage. At least with QGJ and Geo soldier it's only 2 attacks. With Dooku he can hit you 3 times for 100% of his damage, so basically he hits for 3 times his damage with zero effort put into using him.

Your post is almost completely wrong. He can hit twice (50% chance for the second one) with a chance to stun and ability block Jedi. If he is attacking outside his turn, he gains a 15% damage modifier and has a chance to refill his turn meter. This may be pretty powerful, but it is a reactionary skill. In the end, it's up to you as to how he uses it.

To counter that, he is squishy and has a rather weak basic attack. He isn't that hard, you just need to know how to fight him. Stuns and heavy hitters. Don't hit him with a character that does no damage and only has 10% health left. I call that "Dookucide".
  • Nutteralex
    449 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Nerf phasma. When RNG is on her side as leader there's no winning. Add a cap or something to how many times she can proc her leader ability. Or lower the damage the bonus attack does. It sucks starting an arena battle to lose becaus of RNG and on their first round it procs 3/5 times. She's fine as a character but the rate those things can proc is silly.
  • Ivan_Drago
    639 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Scinful wrote: »

Your post is almost completely wrong. He can hit twice (50% chance for the second one) with a chance to stun and ability block Jedi. If he is attacking outside his turn, he gains a 15% damage modifier and has a chance to refill his turn meter. This may be pretty powerful, but it is a reactionary skill. In the end, it's up to you as to how he uses it.

To counter that, he is squishy and has a rather weak basic attack. He isn't that hard, you just need to know how to fight him. Stuns and heavy hitters. Don't hit him with a character that does no damage and only has 10% health left. I call that "Dookucide".

He has more health than Rey and significantly more health than Sid. And of course he is not about damage, but first and foremost about his reliable first-turn stun
  • Scinful
    161 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Ivan_Drago wrote: »
    Scinful wrote: »

He has more health than Rey and significantly more health than Sid. And of course he is not about damage, but first and foremost about his reliable first-turn stun

Rey does tons more damage, Sid does decent damage, self heals, and has heal debuff. So I don't see what there is that needs to be balanced out. It isn't like he has an Obi Wan Kenobi sized health pool. Overall, he is still pretty squishy and isn't the only one that has a good stun.
  • Options
    Old Ben, if anyone at all for that matter. All the others are interchangeable and balanced, old Ben is unique in what he can do. If you must proceed with someone, it's an obvious choice

That would've been fmy first choice if Rey wasn't on the list and kind of ridiculous at 7* maxed

Mind trick is so powerful and game changing if it lands properly, hope he becomes out of chromiums soon ^^
  • Options
    Oh. My. God.

IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options

That would've been fmy first choice if Rey wasn't on the list and kind of ridiculous at 7* maxed

Mind trick is so powerful and game changing if it lands properly, hope he becomes out of chromiums soon ^^

Not much difference between Rey, Leia, tie pilot, GS, QGJ if at max star and gear. Either or any combo of the above can do the job, if accompanied by right team. It's just dps
  • Options
    Phasma already nerfed.
    Rey is not a big problem on a defense team, but can be OP on right hands.
    I hate seeing both Geonosian guys in 50% of the teams... nerf someone.
    Oh, I hate Dooku too
  • Options
    To need a player needs to be meta defining. The goal should be to have 15 or so characters that's are used at the top of every leader board.

Poe was nerfed due to him being in 100% of top end teams. The usage rate on Sid is artificially high has the only good arena drop so he's auto included in early F2p. This doesn't mean he should be nerfed.

Just because you hate fighting a particular guy does not mean they are over powered. Personally I hate Rey.
  • Options
    Poe again
  • Options
    Tonight Doodu hit a new low (high?) He just spammed FIVE straight basics. He is the one thing standing between me and probably finishing GW today. I had to blow my suicide squad to get his lightning out and he opened up with a double/stun on my second hero spot anyway, had to substitute somebody out just to get around that and he five hits me anyway. Truly ridiculous.

The problem with him is the same as with Poe. There are simply too many things going on. You can have a couple or maybe three of the following: highest speed in the entire game; extremely high stun chance against Jedi (and chance for two); 100% counter; on hit ability block/multiple stun; extra attack meaning FIVE basics are possible and on hit effects to boot. Sorry but when RNG works against you, he WILL single handedly win an otherwise even match.

What perplexes me is that Poe was carpet bombed with 100,000,000,000 kiloton nuclear nerf bombs and this POS is still HUEHUEHUEing around like a spider monkey on PCP and cocaine.
  • Options
    What is phasma doing there?
    Follow on twitter, Subscribe to my channel , 10$ free giveaway here
  • Options
    Wow cool, result of retreat #73? Dooku stuns on four (4) consecutive basics. Nope, not OP. Fair and balanced. Oh I know, I know, the counter balance is to not run any healers (Jedi) in GW!
  • Options
    Benr3600 wrote: »
    Wow cool, result of retreat #73? Dooku stuns on four (4) consecutive basics. Nope, not OP. Fair and balanced. Oh I know, I know, the counter balance is to not run any healers (Jedi) in GW!

It's fun to have strong toons around.
    Sadly I dont have Dooku at high stars to use, but clearly would farm him after Jedi farming for Yoda is finished. Yes he is strong, but he is available for everyone (cantina battles and nodes)
  • Options
    Personally think it will be much better for the game and variety of squads to buff the under performing characters and fix bugs causing poor performance as opposed to nerfing the "good" or easily accessible ones that are not under powered or bugged.
  • Options
    eBitzu wrote: »
    What is phasma doing there?

She is quite powerful, though her leader bug fix was a needed nerf. She can slow the entire enemy with an AoE attack and then give her team a good turn meter boost, oh and armor pen too. The reason there are no pitchforks and torches at her door is that she basically shafts the enemy on the 2nd/3rd team as opposed to Poe wrecking you before you get one turn in; perception is reality. She is a top end support but I think the assist proc fix puts her clearly out of the OP tier.
  • Options
    No one.

If they find a certain character is doing too well, introduce a character that can counter him well.

1 in my arena and I kill all of those guys every day.

Now that we can see complete teams, just plan for who you're facing.

If they have Obi-Wan, I bring in Dooku and stun him off the bat. Stuff like that has always worked fine for me and I never used Poe but also never had any real issues with him except when he'd get to take turns in front of my speedier guys.