When Annihilate is the ONLY possible way to kill someone...

Prev1
So I won't be talking about how broken and unfair galactic war is again. I think the devs know that the majority of the community hates how difficult it is. Imma talk about my last node tonight.

CLS, Zaris, Chirrut, Baze, R2 all gold gear and with zetas. Of course i still don't have a single g12 toon and my power is less than that team but anyways.

I throw in my g11 CLS, g10 R2 both with a zeta on "it binds all things" and number crunch. Along I tried using my g11 Biggs and g11 Wedge (crit damage mods). For my 5th I kept switching between Leia, Han Solo, Rex, Maul and generally i tried almost every toon I had.

As you imagine I realized the hard way that you simply cannot kill Baze with Zaris. It's just not possible. My Wiggs wombo combo could barely drop his protection and after his protection was dropped my wombo combo could barely move his hp bar because of zaris. If i could drop his hp under 70% he would heal it back to full instantly because of his buddy Chirrut.

Debuffs obviously cannot stick cause of tenacity up and the cleanses by his allies. Meanwhile CLS and R2 and around being a huge threat.

This team was impossible to beat. After over 30 minutes of retries I decided to change my plan. I threw my sith Zaul team and tried keeping Nihilus alive long enough to annihilate Baze. Then after my sith died, as expected, I sent my rebels to finish off what was left.

Now who thinks that a trio should be so strong that the only thing that can kill any of them is annihilate? It makes no sense. What about the people who don't have a g10 Nihilus like I do?

This is so annoying. I mean Zaris is so broken, not only heals on crits but also gaining turn meter? And Baze, does he really need a retribution? His constant healing on top of how tanky he is is simply insane.

Whoever came up with those abilities obviously didn't care enough to try them out...

I've seen how well Zaris does with GK also, it's simply hurting the game...

Replies

• Options
    The ability isn't new or anything, in fact it's been nerfed. You don't think your CLS (which I don't have) has as many utilities or more than my Zarriss? Its the counter meta. Figure it out or just run the meta squad until you're geared enough to beat it. Healing immunity works too btw...
  • Options
    That's exactly what i did and i just told you it simply doesn't work. These characters are unkillable. You can't maintain heal immunity, shock or buff immunity in order to kill baze cause his allies can cleanse it almost instantly.

Also he has CLS and r2 himself too. Don't throw me a "you have cls so you cant complain" type of arguement here
  • Options
    Resistance @Odyseass7 ;)
  • Options
    Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Resistance @Odyseass7 ;)

Yeah yeah yeah, i know, i have them in my alt account. That's not the pointm if i didn't have to stop farming Finn for Old freaking Ben then maybe my resistance wouldn't be messed up...
  • Options
    You still can't make GW about one squad, it's not a GW complain post however, this is about using Biggs special on a character and his hp stays the same...
  • Options
    If it was that hard, everyone would be running zarris but very few do. She's one of the toons that you have to beat in certain ways but once you know how it's pretty easy. If there's no GK, dispel the taunt, stun R2 or buff immunity zarris and just burn her down.
  • Options
    Debuffs don't work buddy, not with chirrut around, and to kill chirrut You have to go thought base. It's simply broken
  • Options
    Baze*
  • Options
    Did you happen to start this node when gw and the arena bugged out today ?
  • Options
    Of all the heroes, why didn't you just throw in someone with heal immunity or Palps to shock Zarriss and then you can wipe the floor with her?
  • Options
    No
    Did you happen to start this node when gw and the arena bugged out today ?

Nope, not bugged, i did it 30 min ago
  • Options
    I think what people are refusing to admit is that ONLY Nihilus and noone else can kill baze in a team like this one
  • Options
    Of all the heroes, why didn't you just throw in someone with heal immunity or Palps to shock Zarriss and then you can wipe the floor with her?

How many times do i have to day that debufgs don't stick. They have 2 cleanses and tenacity up. I did try JKA g11, Palpatine and tfp, doesn't work mate
  • Options
    Thrawn lead 5* 269 speed g11
    Tarkin 7* 231 speed g12
    Krennic 4* (as of 2 days ago he was still 3*, g10) 213 speed g11
    Deathtrooper 6* 216 speed g11
    Shoretrooper 4* g11

I haven't failed to complete a GW by lack of ability to win in over 2 months, and yes, ive played in dragons blood and countless other ridiculous teams.
    I also intentionally 'save it for last' to give it a REAL test vs these teams.
    Regularly top 3 in a stacked arena shard.

It defends horribly because its a finesse-team being managed by a terrible AI...but theres not a team it cant kill, and it has A LOT of room to grow.

Alternatively, a zader-lead, zoba fett, zarris, shore, Thrawn team can tear up most CLS teams running only CLS+1 other DPS, and especially CLS alone (CLS, chaze, r2, GK\zarris\zolo teams come to mind).

Thought id provide u with some non rebel options. The reliance on CC based damage hurts when paired vs zarris teams.
  • Options
    This is the type of team many of us face every day without the advantage of CLS so you can do what we do, reset and start again tomorrow. The world won't end, I promise
  • Naw
    969 posts Member
    Options
    Odyseass7 wrote: »

How many times do i have to day that debufgs don't stick. They have 2 cleanses and tenacity up. I did try JKA g11, Palpatine and tfp, doesn't work mate

If only you really tried to stick the debuffs, and we mean really really tried? :)
  • Options
    I think what people are refusing to admit is that ONLY Nihilus and noone else can kill baze in a team like this one

My fall back team for hard battles with similar set ups is cls L Chaze gk dn , I regularly kill zarris last and sometimes my dn doesn't even get annihilation off just
  • Options
    weldon08 wrote: »
    This is the type of team many of us face every day without the advantage of CLS so you can do what we do, reset and start again tomorrow. The world won't end, I promise

I'm not a quitter bro, and that's the whole point of this post, it's not just a complaint from me and for me but I'm tryina help out the community as a whole.
    Nikarah wrote: »
    Thrawn lead 5* 269 speed g11
    Tarkin 7* 231 speed g12
    Krennic 4* (as of 2 days ago he was still 3*, g10) 213 speed g11
    Deathtrooper 6* 216 speed g11
    Shoretrooper 4* g11

I haven't failed to complete a GW by lack of ability to win in over 2 months, and yes, ive played in dragons blood and countless other ridiculous teams.
    I also intentionally 'save it for last' to give it a REAL test vs these teams.
    Regularly top 3 in a stacked arena shard.

It defends horribly because its a finesse-team being managed by a terrible AI...but theres not a team it cant kill, and it has A LOT of room to grow.

Alternatively, a zader-lead, zoba fett, zarris, shore, Thrawn team can tear up most CLS teams running only CLS+1 other DPS, and especially CLS alone (CLS, chaze, r2, GK\zarris\zolo teams come to mind).

Thought id provide u with some non rebel options. The reliance on CC based damage hurts when paired vs zarris teams.

When does Flash come in? The speeds you mentioned are insane to achieve without great mods. Also I'm nowhere near to a team like thiz. Getting tarkin, thrawn, and all these toons to 11 is too hard, I'd rather farm my resistance if that's the case
  • Options
    Zader works well against them btw. I always have my zader squad preloaded for a Zarris node :)
  • Options
    So I won't be talking about how broken and unfair galactic war is again. I think the devs know that the majority of the community hates how difficult it is. Imma talk about my last node tonight.

CLS, Zaris, Chirrut, Baze, R2 all gold gear and with zetas. Of course i still don't have a single g12 toon and my power is less than that team but anyways.

I throw in my g11 CLS, g10 R2 both with a zeta on "it binds all things" and number crunch. Along I tried using my g11 Biggs and g11 Wedge (crit damage mods). For my 5th I kept switching between Leia, Han Solo, Rex, Maul and generally i tried almost every toon I had.

As you imagine I realized the hard way that you simply cannot kill Baze with Zaris. It's just not possible. My Wiggs wombo combo could barely drop his protection and after his protection was dropped my wombo combo could barely move his hp bar because of zaris. If i could drop his hp under 70% he would heal it back to full instantly because of his buddy Chirrut.

Debuffs obviously cannot stick cause of tenacity up and the cleanses by his allies. Meanwhile CLS and R2 and around being a huge threat.

This team was impossible to beat. After over 30 minutes of retries I decided to change my plan. I threw my sith Zaul team and tried keeping Nihilus alive long enough to annihilate Baze. Then after my sith died, as expected, I sent my rebels to finish off what was left.

Now who thinks that a trio should be so strong that the only thing that can kill any of them is annihilate? It makes no sense. What about the people who don't have a g10 Nihilus like I do?

This is so annoying. I mean Zaris is so broken, not only heals on crits but also gaining turn meter? And Baze, does he really need a retribution? His constant healing on top of how tanky he is is simply insane.

Whoever came up with those abilities obviously didn't care enough to try them out...

Chaze and CLS are the MOST OVERPOWERED characters in the game, they are broken
  • Options
    If you have Thrawn, you REALLY should level him. Thrawn is an excellent plug n play on almost any team. And, he is actually a relatively easy g10\11, though his g9 is worse than most ( still nothing compared to phoenix).
    Point is; nihil isn't always the answer.
    Mods help. A lot.
    Biggest advice i give to the guys in my guild;
    Spend a solid month farming Mods EVERY DAY. Then, spend about 1 week every 2 months to catch up9. This is how you get good mods.
  • Options

Ever heard of darth nihilus lead? Also there's no healing immunity in the team you described and you also get powerful hits in with no chances of a crit happening to ruin your progress.
  • Options

Because then it's a PRAY TO GOD that the debuff lasts long enough to nuke someone-and there are plenty of times when it's like NOPE!
  • Options
    I'm with you, man, Zariss is the thing I hate seeing the most. I'll take on these full G12 teams of anyone else, but please, please, please don't give me Zariss+GK or Zariss+Baze.

My main teams are Rebels (Wiggs+CLS) and Rogue One (Zyn, Chaze+Cassian) and it usually takes both of them and a dozen or more tries to take down a Zariss group. Debuffs simply do NOT stick unless you manage to land the RNG of the match JUST RIGHT between her turns and the person you're trying to take down. This usually takes a few suicide squads to accomplish, and a lot of luck.

I'm not proposing anything be done about this combo as a lot of people have pointed out, it's not unbeatable, it's just the Rock to my Scissors, and being FTP it's going to take a long, long time for me to farm Paper just for the sake of finishing up Node 12 on GW (which is barely worth the effort of fighting through, let alone farming a team specifically for).

• Options
    I'm with you, man, Zariss is the thing I hate seeing the most. I'll take on these full G12 teams of anyone else, but please, please, please don't give me Zariss+GK or Zariss+Baze.

My main teams are Rebels (Wiggs+CLS) and Rogue One (Zyn, Chaze+Cassian) and it usually takes both of them and a dozen or more tries to take down a Zariss group. Debuffs simply do NOT stick unless you manage to land the RNG of the match JUST RIGHT between her turns and the person you're trying to take down. This usually takes a few suicide squads to accomplish, and a lot of luck.

I'm not proposing anything be done about this combo as a lot of people have pointed out, it's not unbeatable, it's just the Rock to my Scissors, and being FTP it's going to take a long, long time for me to farm Paper just for the sake of finishing up Node 12 on GW (which is barely worth the effort of fighting through, let alone farming a team specifically for).

Pretty much spot on. It's a cancer combo to face. Makes the most poweful combo in the game (wiggs) feel like they can't even hurt Baze
  • NightfallsCurse
    537 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Most of my Rebels shoot Baze/GK and HEAL them, let alone barely damaging them. It's like Zariss's mere presence causes their blasters to fire rainbows and flower petals.
  • Options
    Zader lead with zarris/thrawn/shoretrooper/tusken shaman or nihlus... just ride the dots out plenty of heal power.

You'd be suprised how many dots that shaman can stack on... plus he heals ALOT & gives offense up. Nihlus works too...

I've had to do some creative stuff to get around enemy zarris... if theres no zarris then use ewoks if you dont have your resistance geared up.
  • Options
    Rex,DN,Thrawn,GK,R2 will kill that team. GW is really unbalanced but I am lucky that I have this team.
  • Options

Pretty much spot on. It's a cancer combo to face. Makes the most poweful combo in the game (wiggs) feel like they can't even hurt Baze

Wiggs is the most powerful combo in the game? I can you haven't played that long. You probably see a lot of Wedge leads and STH in arena.

It's obvious you aren't interested in any solutions and just want to vent so reset and start over. Hardly anyone uses zarris in arena, that says it all about how "unbeatable" she is. I've had her zeta'd for 3 months but don't use her in arena because everyone on my shard knows how to beat her easily.
  • Options
    While I do instantly sub in nilly when I see barriss, I used JKA with my jedis against similar teams and no problems. There's also Sid and Palp who go well together and can take out barriss before wiping, leaving an easy team for your CLS lead team.

But zarriss was first meta because crit heavy rebels. Playing the new crit heavy rebels is just giving everybody a reminder of how stupid zarriss is.