Fix Poe

Prev1
AdamW
692 posts Member
edited February 2016
He was nerfed unjustly too hard, they found an issue with the way the game calculated speed and fixed it to be more accurate. That was the biggest complaint people had about him. But once he was fixed they nerfed him harder beyond what everyone expected.

Now people that farmed him for a month and a half are ******* because the devs took the nerf way too far.

As a recap they:
Extremely cut his Tenacity (his build runs off of tenacity)
He works at appropriate speed now (from top 3 to 17)
His Turn Meter can be resisted (someone confirm)

He dies about as easy as lumi now... but hes a tank, that makes no sense.

Fix Poe 116 votes

The speed fix was enough, bring back his original stats.
31%
ccfooBarrokAdamWArillianEthanesusCrymsonkyngfikretkuruDanTomKyuu2forcedinoBleachScorpion1980LordStylingPlague_IncKAULIwalkyourpathPendragaWazlinskiDraxalArmadineCalus_78 36 votes
Buff him but not as much as the original
17%
Genakumacosmicturtle333Preemo_MaginDrPancakesHBu3NoRogan_Ban84DvorakItscaptainphasmaThomasLyleDarthbinksMLGebraCrokadorfnGobear5555Red_1veazyeDaddyngo007Big_RussJuan123MikeCVibe 20 votes
Leave him he is fine
49%
ZarAziInhumanesnow6FightonJ7000Amish_AceThe_Oklahoma_KidventselJabberwockySkitskalleSw_HomeIM_UR_UPGRADEShadowHoundCdmd2bRogerfanMeetraSurikDempseyJordtroutStarSonTakMojuba 57 votes
I like him squishy because I cant find out how else to beat him.
2%
Sticare_Courts_0073KesissFirstOrder66 3 votes

Replies

• Anarcho_Capital
    52 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    All I want is my Cantina shipments back that I spent on him because of the false patchnotes.

Poe? Sure, he's fine. I don't care.

What I care about is that the patch notes caused me to malinvest my most valuable currency.
    It is logical. reddit.com/r/anarcho_capitalism
  • Options
    Poe is ok for now it was the patch notes that were the problem
  • Options
    I farmed Poe because the patchnotes misled me... EA forced me into the position of either get Poe or fall behind, so when the patchnotes came out.... I got Poe... then they blindsided us again
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    I farmed Poe because the patchnotes misled me... EA forced me into the position of either get Poe or fall behind, so when the patchnotes came out.... I got Poe... then they blindsided us again

NerfEveryone isn't happy with a Nerf? ****!!! :P

• KAULI
    517 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I liked him as he was. I Not had a problem when their Poe or mine started first. Its all about who are with Poe, and who they attack at first.
    Their Poe started first:
    -Bad luck: your dps are dead
    -Good luck: you are alive but near death. Time to attack/heal or whathever you have. If you have Poe you should try to make a 2 round in a row killing enemy faster units.
    F2P
  • NerfEveryone
    22 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »

NerfEveryone isn't happy with a Nerf? ****!!! :P

Lol, you inspired me to change my avatar :P

But yeah I agree that Poe himself is fine. So yeah, I agree he needed nerfs, but I do not agree with the way EA handled it with the patch notes. I need another poll option to express this!
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    Where is the option to nerf him more? He's all I see in top 10 toons...
    Darth Saltious - Hoth Ski Patrol
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    While Poe used to singlehandedly hold the meta hostage, which was admittedly toxic, he didn't deserve the degree of the nerfs that hit him.

I think there might be a lot of biased thinking going around where people fear the return to the Poe meta and want him nerfed into the ground because they simply don't want to fight him any more. However, people need to take into account that the meta has already shifted due to speed changes and speed leader abilities affecting battle on turn 1. There were a number of relatively massive nerfs to Poe, and there was no time at all spent testing these changes on a large scale, especially in the environment of the new almighty speed meta. The patch notes seemed reasonable and ensured us that time, testing, and careful observation would play a part in his balancing, implying small nudges over a period of time. This was what we were promised, but not what we were delivered. In my opinion, this was rushed, sloppy balance work.

I've also seen people on the forums complain about his lack of screen time in The Force Awakens, and they use that to justify his current lack of impact in-game. That point is so incredibly moot that I'm surprised I've seen it commented as many times as I have. You want screen time to determine a character's strength? How much screen time do you think Palpatine got? And First Order Tie Pilot? Yeah, clearly there's a direct correlation there...
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    Poe is still OP, well deserved nerf. He is still in ~35 of TOP50 of my server. I refused to farm him instead saved And it was worth it as QGJ is a ton better
  • Options
    @Rogerfan you just said that Poe is still OP and also that QGJ is way better. Surely you don't believe that, otherwise you're farming a toon who seriously needs some nerfs. Like, a ton of nerfs.

Also, having a character in the top 50 doesn't make them OP. Same argument could be made for Sidious, only I'm sure there's WAY more of him in the top 50 than there ever was Poe.
  • Options
    Rogerfan wrote: »
    Poe is still OP, well deserved nerf. He is still in ~35 of TOP50 of my server. I refused to farm him instead saved And it was worth it as QGJ is a ton better

By your description GS, Rey, Sid, Dooku are OP cause they are in more than 35 of my top 50
  • Options

Good point, QGJ is better than a hero who just got super nerfed. That puts the sights on QGJ and he needs a nerf! Why does Roger get to have fun with a hero he farmed, but we can't with Poe???? NOT FAIR!! (takes his ball and goes home)

• Options
    All I want is my Cantina shipments back that I spent on him because of the false patchnotes.

Poe? Sure, he's fine. I don't care.

What I care about is that the patch notes caused me to malinvest my most valuable currency.

If they refund anyone they should refund everyone their Cantina points.
  • Options

Another genius - po is severely op so needs more NERFing so I can keep farming QGJ who is significantly better ... By that definition QGJ and not Poe needs nurfing.

• Options
    Honestly he wasn't nerfed enough. He still goes before almost all toons, he still has the highest tenacity of any tank and in top ranks of all toons tenacity, still has unresistable turn meter reduction, and still will expose more than half of your team. I can't believe people think he was over nerfed
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    I'm not happy Devs lied. They should have not said anything vs say they were just buffing his tenasity and expose. The 500point health loss / 1 speed loss & turn meter resistance was an attempted stealth nerf. Those sneaky F's did it before on others we did not catch. They need to be more transparent.
    I fell victim to & only invested after patch notes. Now they did warn they could nerf further. He is still in every single top team & I finish 1st or 2nd everyday. So I say he is fine & leave alone but just stop being such slimy nerfhearders EA Devs.
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    Yeah, QGJ is OP but he is at least Fun, while Poe is a boring Pain in the a$$.
    Poe was broken before the nerf, now he is "ok" I would reduce his speed even more while leave the exposure chances as they were before but whatever. QGJ is just OP, he isnt broken.
    Toons commonly used in Arena are either OP or easy to farm And strong. Dooku is OP Sid is easy to farm, GS is easy to farm, Rey is OP. Do I want OP characters to be nerfed? No, there cant be total balance. Do I want broken characters that you cant win a game without nerf - hell yeah.
    Before Poes nerf I fell to #74, now Im back in my TOP20. People switched to him not because they liked him, they switched to him out of Pure necessity, to make chances of winning 50/50 - whose Poe goes first
  • Options
    Despite myself being a Poe user (due to absence of starred alternative), I think speed fix was justified, the game itself became more interesting and more strategic. But nerfs of his other stats were not at all needed, he is quite weak as a tank now with limited utility. People use him still in arena, but because he is geared already thanks to patch notes. If I had an alternative available I would have excluded him from arena team with his current stats, relatively weak as a tank with zero damage and small expose proc ratio
  • Options

Or just do that so we can forget our suffering and move on to the next bandwagon hero.

*cough*QUIGON*cough*

excuse me.
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    Plus Poe destroyed the death planet StarKiller base so ignorant people who say Poe is not worth the power because of low screenplay are just wrong.
  • Options
    Honestly he wasn't nerfed enough. He still goes before almost all toons, he still has the highest tenacity of any tank and in top ranks of all toons tenacity, still has unresistable turn meter reduction, and still will expose more than half of your team. I can't believe people think he was over nerfed

You obviously have no idea about the extent of his nerfs (mainly because they didn't put them in the patch notes).

His turn meter reduction IS resistible. His speed is 142. His Tenacity and Hp dropped, his expose chance was lowered. He is extremely nerfed and I don't know how you could nerf him anymore. If anything they should bump up some of his stats (maybe damage) to compensate.
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    This is why we didn't get patch notes before. Choosing to invest in a character that is going to be nerfed is not very smart. It was known that his gear was going to be altered. This was going to change more than just hie tenacity. Blaming the devs for your mistake is silly.
  • Options
    False patch notes are not the users mistake. Spin it any way you want but until you can rewrite history to make the patch notes correct, you are spewing hot air. Sorry @pay2win
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    Gurley30 wrote: »
    False patch notes are not the users mistake. Spin it any way you want but until you can rewrite history to make the patch notes correct, you are spewing hot air. Sorry @pay2win

What was false? They mentioned they were adjusting his gear.
  • Options

You obviously have no idea about the extent of his nerfs (mainly because they didn't put them in the patch notes).

His turn meter reduction IS resistible. His speed is 142. His Tenacity and Hp dropped, his expose chance was lowered. He is extremely nerfed and I don't know how you could nerf him anymore. If anything they should bump up some of his stats (maybe damage) to compensate.

I have played and faced Poe a dozen times since the rumor about TM being resistible and have not seen it once. I feel like someone played Telephone with this because I don't think it's true at all. He's still very, very good and I think people spend more time here theory-crafting instead of PLAYING and seeing with their own eyes. Poe is still doing well in lots of top teams out there.
  • Options
    A dev said it on Reddit... how much more do you need? They didn't tell us his speed was reduced to 142... but it was.. so..
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

I never saw that in the patch notes. Quote/date it?
    Neither was the speed change.
  • Options
    A dev said it on Reddit... how much more do you need? They didn't tell us his speed was reduced to 142... but it was.. so..

I know they said it. I have seen, with my own eyes, not one person ACTUALLY resist it. Have you? Has anyone?
  • Options
    Leave him he is fine
    pay2win wrote: »

I never saw that in the patch notes. Quote/date it?
    Neither was the speed change.

Did you read the patch notes from February 3rd?
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/10013/february-release-notes/p1

Poe Dameron
    Poe's high-Tenacity gear upgrades after the level cap increase, coupled with his Unique ability, allowed him to substantially outperform other Tanks. In addition, the high chance to Expose enemies with Resistance Bravado made it reliable for him to secure a huge advantage for his team on the first turn. After these changes, Poe still has far more Tenacity than any other unit, and still has the only currently available Area-of-Effect Expose ability, even if it is less reliable, so we are confident that his unique role as a high-risk, high-reward Tank remains intact.
    As an additional note: the changes to his gear requirements were made only on Tiers II and III in order to minimize the disruption to players currently trying to equip and upgrade Poe.
    Expose chance reduced by 15% at all ranks
    Reduced Tenacity on Unique ability from 15-35% to 10-22%
    Reduced Tenacity on gear at early Tiers

The speed change was not in the patch notes and is a separate topic that effects all the characters.