Who's the big spender on YOUR server?

2Next

Replies

• Options
    So what I'm getting out of this thread is that EA would be doing a lot better if you all weren't married lol.

This was pretty funny. Those pesky spouses.!!
    467-325-146
    Pretty good collection of characters so far and GROWING
  • NachoFoot
    63 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't buy into that viewpoint. I've spent more on Swtor than you've probably spent here. I guess that means Swtor players funded the development of this game and, without Swtor players, you would be playing Clash of clans or some other game instead.

Respect really is earned and can't be bought or sold. If a game is unfair or pay2win, free players either find their own niche in the game or drop it altogether. I doubt they'll keep playing against or respect someone who roflstomps them into the dirt with just pay2win mechanics. There has to be more to a game than that.
    Post edited by Hozilla on
  • billbob19
    71 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    My server's big spender is a lev 56 Qui Gon Jin 7 starred.. The top ten guys are 3 lev lower than him..

On the other hand, this developer is much worse when it comes to fair compensation on energy refill spending.

Aint that the truth.
  • Options
    Qeltar is right. This game requires you a lot (timed things, different times at which thing reload), like a tamagochi, and the gives so little (energy or yield), and caps how much energy you accumulate. It also adds lottery and chance everywhere, designed to frustrate as much as it can. It's designed to see how you can afford to play, and becomes very greedy very fast.

The only real interaction with ANY user, is this forum. No real PvP. You play against and AI that uses someone's team, and only in Arena.

I may have invested like $170. Will it kill me? No, a golf class nearby with an average teacher costs $150 plus cart charges, for example. But still, I wanted a head start, but I also realize the game is well designed to make progress a pain realtice to any non spender. Anyone that didn't spend a dime stands no chance RIGHT NOW. If I stop playing a week or two, it's gone.

So my realization now is it was nice watching me buy Chrystals and a few Chromium and two packs. But it's best to avoid games like this all together next time. this is why I had consistently avoided any top grossing game. Thus will be my first and last.

Laatly, I have a lot of respect for thise that soent $0 and those that spent $1000. And for those that overspent beyond their limit, know that psychologists are behind the principles for creating these games. Learn to recognize them and avoid them. Like shopping addicts, walk away...no happiness in overspending, if it's money you need for something else, don't bring any.
  • Options
    It's not so much about deserving respect as it is that, ultimately, we fund your gaming experience.

This is very true. Regardless of how good (or bad) a spender is playing, they can be thanked for allowing this game model to be successful. Sure, some games are completely pay to win and frustrating for it, but games like this where you can still be competitive without paying a penny are the best you'll find on a mobile device. Without the overzealous, overpaid lottery addicts (of which I become on occasion when my willpower gets weak) we would probably be paying $5+ for the same game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    SiriTa wrote: »
    This is very true. Regardless of how good (or bad) a spender is playing, they can be thanked for allowing this game model to be successful. Sure, some games are completely pay to win and frustrating for it, but games like this where you can still be competitive without paying a penny are the best you'll find on a mobile device. Without the overzealous, overpaid lottery addicts (of which I become on occasion when my willpower gets weak) we would probably be paying $5+ for the same game.

I'd rather be paying $50 a month without the lottery / gambling nonsense. Not that they would even need to charge that much, of course.
    And to continue on the theme of not kidding ourselves, the people spending $1000+ on this are not "funding the game", they are enriching EA's shareholders. This game is already hugely popular and the big spenders are just padding the bottom line, nothing more.
    The addiction/gambling design of these games is about bean-counters looking to maximize profits, not basic funding of development.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Pure_Pazaak
    386 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I see you completely ignored what I typed in order to compose your own masterpiece, NachoFoot. Thank you for your time.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    SiriTa wrote: »

I'd rather be paying $50 a month without the lottery / gambling nonsense. Not that they would even need to charge that much, of course.
    And to continue on the theme of not kidding ourselves, the people spending $1000+ on this are not "funding the game", they are enriching EA's shareholders. This game is already hugely popular and the big spenders are just padding the bottom line, nothing more.
    The addiction/gambling design of these games is about bean-counters looking to maximize profits, not basic funding of development.

I agree with everything you've stated throughout this thread. You saved me a lot of typing, lol. Which confuses me as to how we've had disagreements in past threads.
  • Options
    I see you completely ignored what I typed in order to compose your own masterpiece, NachoFoot. Thank you for your time.

Part of the problem and proud. Isn't that your quote from the Dooku thread?

If you want to just play with the pay2win players, go ahead. Just don't expect them to feel like they owe you something for paying...because they don't.
  • Options
    Thank you for being you. No one else could do it quite as well.
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • Options
    I sniped 3rd rank from 11th yesterday, but the guy sniped me back and we had a bit of too and fro before I managed to hold it for rewards.

He added me as an ally, and I went to do a mission and saw his Leia is 7 stars. He has an Old Ben which is probably similar as well. Made me feel sort of chuffed that I could consistently beat his team.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    J7000 wrote: »

Nailed it. I fall into this category. :neutral:

Hey. Never feel ashamed for having little to no control over your impulsive spending habits. It's what separates us from the people with stable housing, a retirement fund and matching shoes and socks. At the end of the day, we still have our pride. And hundreds of dollars worth of virtual financial dead-ends.

Whahahhaha. Matching socks? Pff, I'm a father; socks are strictly for utilitarian purposes; they don't need to match.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    It's not so much about deserving respect as it is that, ultimately, we fund your gaming experience. No one is saying players who utilize microtransactions are unsung heroes. At least I think. It's not really about winning for me, as Qeltar said. I just enjoy collecting miniature virtual versions of characters from my favorite franchises and trying out their abilities in a non-canonical setting where you can generally pair and team up anyone from any time and setting, creating your own ideal band of heroes and/or villains.

Same for me. I'm not in this game for the PvP. I mean, come on. If it was about PvP we would be playing a different game. That's why I want them to add something else that draws you into a PvE campaign or something that you can really enjoy the diversity of your toons.
  • DarkDiggler
    372 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    ChaseKillz wrote: »

This was pretty funny. Those pesky spouses.!!

Lol, even the most promising Jedi can be seduced and currupted by the dark side.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!