BB-8 the answer for grievous?

Prev1
Just been looking at BB-8s kit and it's pretty good specially for droids imagine the turn meter you gain from hk47 (leader) then imagine the protection and health you gain from critical hits and the cool down been reduced.grievous might actually be useable for once!

Replies

• Options
    Just been looking at BB-8s kit and it's pretty good specially for droids imagine the turn meter you gain from hk47 (leader) then imagine the protection and health you gain from critical hits and the cool down been reduced.grievous might actually be useable for once!

Only sort of - GG's kit just sucks. He needs to be revamped, till then there are better droids to use for a BB-8 team.
  • Options
    @SwiftMooky oh yeah deffo! Just grievous is an ace character but it would be nice to some sort of re-work and new kit maybe even a Zeta.
  • Options
    @SwiftMooky oh yeah deffo! Just grievous is an ace character but it would be nice to some sort of re-work and new kit maybe even a Zeta.

GG needs his cough to do something more than just apply a pointless debuff.
  • Options
    @Dretzle yep!
  • Options
    HK 47 lead, GG, BB8, zzR2D2, IG88/B2 = viable??? :o
  • Options
    @MaathFaselli_1 I hope so
  • Options
    Dretzle wrote: »

Other than spreading disease what more do you want a cough to do? ;)

• Options
    Jay_cube1 wrote: »
    Dretzle wrote: »

Other than spreading disease what more do you want a cough to do? ;)

If you were a clone u would run screaming
  • Options
    Eh, it's like saying that CLS can make Hoth Scout a decent character. Sure, he's a lot better under a CLS lead, but that doesn't negate the fact that there are tons of better characters to have in his place. GG is the same. Would you take out IG-88 for Grievous? Or B2? Or R2?
  • Options
    Eh, it's like saying that CLS can make Hoth Scout a decent character. Sure, he's a lot better under a CLS lead, but that doesn't negate the fact that there are tons of better characters to have in his place. GG is the same. Would you take out IG-88 for Grievous? Or B2? Or R2?

Thats a good point, but im pretty sure this is more of a find a use for GG thread.
  • Options
    GG gets great gear at g12 doubling his hp from 16k to 32k. Unfortunately most of his kit is garbage and it's extremely outdated. His kit was garbage even when it was released. The best droid team I'm predicting will be hk,88,b2,bb8,r2
  • Options
    All Greivous needs is higher damage. I don't know why people think his abilities are bad... A basic that can't be dodged or countered and an AoE with any debuff (to fuel IG-88) is great. Sinister Laughter isn't very good, but you don't need it anyway and shouldn't worry about defense because you're just always going to lose defense anyhow...

That said, I don't think BB8 will help Greivous much. You need BB8, R2, and HK to make this team work, leaving you with room for only two other characters--88 does better damage, and there are too many powerful buffs out there to leave B2 out.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    All Greivous needs is higher damage. I don't know why people think his abilities are bad... A basic that can't be dodged or countered and an AoE with any debuff (to fuel IG-88) is great. Sinister Laughter isn't very good, but you don't need it anyway and shouldn't worry about defense because you're just always going to lose defense anyhow...

That said, I don't think BB8 will help Greivous much. You need BB8, R2, and HK to make this team work, leaving you with room for only two other characters--88 does better damage, and there are too many powerful buffs out there to leave B2 out.

For today's standard his kit is trash. His AOE lands a debuff for ONE stinking turn. It's very unlikely it will even stick. His random taunt unique is also god awful and more of a liability than a asset. The only good thing is the basic but which is nothing too special...Easily one of the worst kits in the game.
  • Options

Thats a good point, but im pretty sure this is more of a find a use for GG thread.

What I was trying to say was that GG isn't good enough to bother trying to find a use for him. When he gets a rework, that will hopefully change.

Gotta disagree, there. His basic is... okay. Against some characters it is literally just damage, and not an exceptionally high amount.

His AOE does decent damage but, again, not exceptional. It does have a chance of inflicting a debuff, but it's not a particularly high chance, and it's only a single one. It's a good debuff, but with the amount of cleanses around right now, the 2-3 debuffs you actually land are gonna go away very quickly.

His laugh is... wait for it.... laughable!

His leader makes me sad when I look at it and the icon doesn't seem to match the actual ability very well.

And, last and almost least, is his unique. It gives him some health which is not bad. It dispels all debuffs on him when he's already been dropped so low in health that he's doomed anyway. It makes a random ally taunt for a turn which can be really unfortunate for poor IG-88. But the funniest thing is, it gives the ally who gets the taunt 100% TM.

You're on a Droid team......... THAT ALLY IS GOING TO IMMEDIATELY LAND A CRIT OR MULTIPLE AND LOSE THE TAUNT YOU JUST GAVE THEM.

It was a bad kit when it was released. Now it's bad, and very dated.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

For today's standard his kit is trash. His AOE lands a debuff for ONE stinking turn. It's very unlikely it will even stick. His random taunt unique is also god awful and more of a liability than a asset. The only good thing is the basic but which is nothing too special...Easily one of the worst kits in the game.

What I was trying to say was that GG isn't good enough to bother trying to find a use for him. When he gets a rework, that will hopefully change.

Gotta disagree, there. His basic is... okay. Against some characters it is literally just damage, and not an exceptionally high amount.

His AOE does decent damage but, again, not exceptional. It does have a chance of inflicting a debuff, but it's not a particularly high chance, and it's only a single one. It's a good debuff, but with the amount of cleanses around right now, the 2-3 debuffs you actually land are gonna go away very quickly.

His laugh is... wait for it.... laughable!

His leader makes me sad when I look at it and the icon doesn't seem to match the actual ability very well.

And, last and almost least, is his unique. It gives him some health which is not bad. It dispels all debuffs on him when he's already been dropped so low in health that he's doomed anyway. It makes a random ally taunt for a turn which can be really unfortunate for poor IG-88. But the funniest thing is, it gives the ally who gets the taunt 100% TM.

You're on a Droid team......... THAT ALLY IS GOING TO IMMEDIATELY LAND A CRIT OR MULTIPLE AND LOSE THE TAUNT YOU JUST GAVE THEM.

It was a bad kit when it was released. Now it's bad, and very dated.

Basic: Against most characters it's just damage. Droids are about doing high damage quickly and critting to compensate for their lack of speed. As I said, he needs his damage increased across the board, so saying it doesn't do enough damage isn't really a criticism.

AoE: Again, his damage needs to be increased across the board, so mentioning the low damage is sort of beside the point. I'd like to see it inflict Speed Down as well, to further the droid turn meter shenanigans, but that's also beside the point. It's another source of debuffs for IG-88. Sure, there's a lot of cleanses around, but that affects all droid debuffs--HK, 88, R2, B2--so why does GG get singled out for that criticism? He's a droid that does good damage with an AoE that helps ensure he gets to take multiple turns via crits.

Sinister Laughter: Is bad. Don't use it. Droids are about doing alpha strike damage and then cleaning up as quick as you can.

Leader is bad, too, but it's not HK so who cares? He could give all droids 100% counterattack and crit immunity and it still wouldn't be as good as HK's. No one is kvetching because any Rebel leader that isn't Luke, Wedge, or Ackbar is bad.

Unique is good! The taunt? Who cares about the taunt. You're all about the 100% turn meter gain. You *want* to lose the taunt. Ideally, and unfortunately you can't target it, but ideally it hits IG-88 in time for a second AoE, or IG-86 for an assist. The taunt is a drawback to justify a strong ability that gives 100% turn meter, as Anakin's strong AoE is balanced by exposing him if it fails. If this needs improvement at all, it should target the droid with the lowest TM to ensure maximum gain, or give all droids some percentage of TM.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options

Basic: Against most characters it's just damage. Droids are about doing high damage quickly and critting to compensate for their lack of speed. As I said, he needs his damage increased across the board, so saying it doesn't do enough damage isn't really a criticism.

AoE: Again, his damage needs to be increased across the board, so mentioning the low damage is sort of beside the point. I'd like to see it inflict Speed Down as well, to further the droid turn meter shenanigans, but that's also beside the point. It's another source of debuffs for IG-88. Sure, there's a lot of cleanses around, but that affects all droid debuffs--HK, 88, R2, B2--so why does GG get singled out for that criticism? He's a droid that does good damage with an AoE that helps ensure he gets to take multiple turns via crits.

Sinister Laughter: Is bad. Don't use it. Droids are about doing alpha strike damage and then cleaning up as quick as you can.

Leader is bad, too, but it's not HK so who cares? He could give all droids 100% counterattack and crit immunity and it still wouldn't be as good as HK's. No one is kvetching because any Rebel leader that isn't Luke, Wedge, or Ackbar is bad.

Unique is good! The taunt? Who cares about the taunt. You're all about the 100% turn meter gain. You *want* to lose the taunt. Ideally, and unfortunately you can't target it, but ideally it hits IG-88 in time for a second AoE, or IG-86 for an assist. The taunt is a drawback to justify a strong ability that gives 100% turn meter, as Anakin's strong AoE is balanced by exposing him if it fails. If this needs improvement at all, it should target the droid with the lowest TM to ensure maximum gain, or give all droids some percentage of TM.

A basic that just does a lot of damage isn't enough anymore unless the damage is so utterly mental that it half-shots tanks. Other people like, as a perfect example, Nihilus, have high damage autos that also have a lot of utility. Characters can't just 'do damage' anymore. The power creep has taken the game well beyond that point. They need to do damage AND provide utility, which GG's doesn't.

His AOE is almost okay, but the problem is that it's not a consistent debuff, and it doesn't stop a lot of cleanses. Droids have a series issue in that they don't have enough 'hard' debuffs. Stuns, dazes, or ability blocks stop a lot of people from being able to cleanse. Droids just don't have enough of those (it's just IG-88 and, if you're lucky, you might get a couple from HK).

His laugh is useless, but there's no reason it should be! Why just have a useless ability in his kit? All of GK's abilities are good. All of Raid Han's abilities are good. All of CLS's abilities are good. All of Nihilus's abilities are good. Why should GG be the exception?

Again, with his leader, it doesn't need to be terrible! A popular suggestion for his is 'activate all Droid leader abilities on the team'. That way you get HK's one, and you have another option for a Droid leader.

And his unique is bad because it's got a lot of useless features and the useful bit of it is giving an ally 100% TM. However, you don't choose the ally, and it's only when GG drops below half health which is going to happen, at maximum, a few times a game. Compare that with practically any other unique in the game and it doesn't stack up very well at all.

It's not a numbers issue. GG had really good damage numbers when he was released, and he was still bad. As it stands, he's just a bad IG-88. Worse basic. Worse AOE. Worse unique. Plus two useless extras tacked on.
  • Options
    Unfortunately I don’t think BB8 is the answer to anything other than getting us in trouble with our wives.
    SHATTERPOINT - One of the world's strongest guilds
    Recruiting solid 3mil+ GP players, pm for info
  • Options
    @Ig88isboss

Between you and me; do you think bb8 can do his special (70 turn cd) in s standard arena match...?
  • Options
    My rusty Griveous is happy!! ;)

• Options
    HK 47 lead, GG, BB8, zzR2D2, IG88/B2 = viable??? :o

Get rid of GG and run with the other 5 you mentioned. I don't know how they'd hold up in arena, but it would certainly be better without GG.
  • Options
    Moicaliss wrote: »
    @Ig88isboss

Between you and me; do you think bb8 can do his special (70 turn cd) in s standard arena match...?

Never happening unless one side has already lost.
  • Options
    CleverWes wrote: »
    @Ig88isboss

Yes that's what everyone said about annihilate...
  • CleverWes
    648 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Ig88isboss

The difference is you need a team of droids to plow through that cooldown. We know that a droid team either wins or loses in the first couple of turns.

You can hide Nihilus behind other toons. Droids are just exposed from the start.
  • Options
    @Ig88isboss

The difference is you need a team of droids to plow through that cooldown. We know that a droid team either wins or loses in the first couple of turns.

You can hide Nihilus behind other toons. Droids are just exposed from the start.

Bb8 will be taunting and healing
  • Options
    @Ig88isboss

Bb8 will be taunting and healing

We'll have to agree to disagree then. I just think there's too much CLS and too little droid health to matter. Droids just need a complete overhaul to be viable again. It could be a lot of fun in GW if the cooldown doesn't reset each round, but I don't think it'll make much difference in arena.
  • Options
    Bb8 is the answer for GG but pending a good rework GG is not the answer for Bb8
  • Options
    Gg was one of the worse chars on day 1 release. Now...forget about it. They really missed the ball big time on gg....hopefully they learn big time from mistakes and get us a gg we been wishing for from day one. Powerful, feared, quick.
  • Options
    @Ig88isboss

Not with r2 stealth and bb8 taunting.
  • Options
    And droids received alot of health with g12, plus r2 unique...it could be enough
  • Options
    Maztoras wrote: »
    Gg was one of the worse chars on day 1 release. Now...forget about it. They really missed the ball big time on gg....hopefully they learn big time from mistakes and get us a gg we been wishing for from day one. Powerful, feared, quick.

I dominate arena for 6 months with gg, on a December 2015 shard.

Hk,88,gg,je,b2/ig-100

At that time, my 88 was aoeing for 18-19k, my gg was aoeing at 16-17k....