TB Officers tools

Prev1
Some people have tossed out ideas here and there in different threads, thought it might be a good idea to put them in one thread and then hit the devs with our ideas.

Lots have people have mentioned variations of these 2:
For participation tracking: mirror the overall phase tools of "TP contributed" "Platoon MU Assigned" and most importantly "CM Waves Completed" but in a DAILY form. So overall through the phases would persist, but we'd also be able to see who did what that particular day/phase. For this to work best, would also need to log a zero for anyone who hasn't, not just leave them off the ranking board. Helps us ping the people who haven't done their CM's or deployed yet.

The ability for officers to LOCK a platoon squad, a CM, and other (non CM/Platoon fill) deployments. Would help us to make sure there are no errant/early hits. For example, if we've got one territory to 2* and have no realistic shot at a 3rd, would be nice to lock that down so everyone knows they have to focus efforts on the other territory. We do communicate this to our members in several ways of course, but this way there couldn't be any "Oh, I didn't see that" issues.

Other ideas I saw:
@kalidor
Show Guild GP based on context - when viewing a ground territory, show character GP. When viewing ships, show ship GP. Show remaining GP in both.

And dang... someone else had a great idea in another thread and I can't find it so... tagging some other people I remember posting about this for other ideas: @Vinny_Vader_Vedi @Indominable_J @Dreislao @sying @sneeekypants @KyloRey

Replies

• Options
    (+1-^ vote) great idea.
    Not my idea but highlighting a phase/platoon was pretty cool.and the other ideas above.
  • Options
    It would be good if we could tag which territory people should put their final deployments into.
  • Options
    I'd like to see two things, the absolute easiest to implement and could be done immediately would be to just increase the log so it persists until the end of the phase. The officers then wouldn't have to monitor the log the whole day to track who is missing, post screenshots and interrogate everyone to try to find out which person didn't attack.

Eventually it would be nice to click on the 48/50 attacks and see who still has attacks left.

As far as some of the other stuff to prevent members from doing what officers don't want them to, it won't be popular but I believe the onus on the officers for that.
  • Options
    I'd like to be able to click on a character that's required for platoons and see how many guild members have him at the required star level. That way we can easily see if we can fill certain platoons or not. Cause for now I either have to check each member's inventory (I don't have time for that) or ask who has a 5* Lobot. But it can take them a while to answer since we're an international guild.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Diddybvy wrote: »
    I'd like to be able to click on a character that's required for platoons and see how many guild members have him at the required star level. That way we can easily see if we can fill certain platoons or not. Cause for now I either have to check each member's inventory (I don't have time for that) or ask who has a 5* Lobot. But it can take them a while to answer since we're an international guild.

This was my thinking as well, platoons are definitely the most difficult to wrangle. Anything to make them easier to coordinate would be great.
    I'd also like to be able to tap a button on special and combat missions to see who has done them (sorted by success, 6/6, 5/6, etc or pass/fail), who has yet to do them, and who is ineligible for them. Broken down in tabs the way Stats is (Completed, Ready, Ineligible).
    Daily stats also gets my vote, as does the ability to lock out platoons, missions, and deployment. Yes, lockouts can be abused but if my guild was abusing them, I'd find another guild.
    A persistent message within the TB table screen, like the message in guild chat, would go a long way too. That poor message is being terribly overloaded on days with raids and TBs.
    Honestly I wish the the devs developing TB could secretly lead a regular, non-whale guild through a couple of TBs (think 20-30* guild). I think that'd really show them where TB coordination is lacking.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    To make things easier on the devs, I'd rather have a "This phase Territory points earned" and "This phase Combat Mission Waves Completed."
    The only platoon mission option I'd want is to be able to lock out specific platoons which we know we won't complete.
  • Options
    Lock outs will never happen. Control freaks just need to accept this, and/or find more submissive guild members, but stop asking for it. It taints the entire thread with “unreasonable”. pretty much every other idea in here is great!
    I would like for officers to be able to change the message not just leader. Also would like the option to set a different and separate persistent message on each Territory. For that matter, separate persistent messages for each area of guilds. I.e. a member goes into pit - banner message, goes into AAT - banner message, goes into TB - message for each territory
  • Options
    I totally agree that we need officer tools to track who isn't participating by phase and to lock down platoons/squadrons/territories from those who just can't seem to follow our directions. So many people don't understand that there is a strategy for maximizing your rewards, especially for small-medium guilds in the TB's.
  • Options
    modbot wrote: »
    Lock outs will never happen. Control freaks just need to accept this, and/or find more submissive guild members, but stop asking for it. It taints the entire thread with “unreasonable”. pretty much every other idea in here is great!

Lol, if I were a control freak I would have given up being a guild officer in exasperation months ago. "Zero damage means ZERO DAMAGE!" "Deploy south. The bottom one. Overlook!!". "We have no 7* Paaloos, once again do not play your chaze and wiggs there!"
    It's like herding cats on a good day.
  • Options
    kalidor wrote: »

Lol, if I were a control freak I would have given up being a guild officer in exasperation months ago. "Zero damage means ZERO DAMAGE!" "Deploy south. The bottom one. Overlook!!". "We have no 7* Paaloos, once again do not play your chaze and wiggs there!"
    I've been urging a less-stress approach to TB, as well. Set up your rules, provide some casual guidance, maybe have a talk with the worst offenders... But honestly, epsecially with the GET income from the new special missions, one or two missed stars due to the seemingly inevitable numbskullery isn't going to make a huge overall difference in guild progression.
    That's one of the biggest advantages to the shallow rewards curve for TB. The rewards start off pretty high even for low star counts, and the requirements for one-starring each territory is so low to begin with that we shouldn't really be killing ourselves to eek out those extra few 100k TP each phase.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Pyrefly wrote: »

I've been urging a less-stress approach to TB, as well. Set up your rules, provide some casual guidance, maybe have a talk with the worst offenders... But honestly, epsecially with the GET income from the new special missions, one or two missed stars due to the seemingly inevitable numbskullery isn't going to make a huge overall difference in guild progression.
    That's one of the biggest advantages to the shallow rewards curve for TB. The rewards start off pretty high even for low star counts, and the requirements for one-starring each territory is so low to begin with that we shouldn't really be killing ourselves to eek out those extra few 100k TP each phase.

That's the approach we've taken as well. Try to lay out strategy, reasons why we're doing it that way, and distilled it into short, easy instructions for people. I'm hoping this is just a teething issue, and that it'll go away once players are more familiar with TBs.
    I'd prefer having per-territory messages so we can say things like "Combat and Special missions only. Do not deploy here. Platoons 3 and 5 are impossible." and "Deploy all units here, do all combat missions, all platoons open." It's a much softer touch than locking players out, and more likely to be seen by everyone, so fewer mistakes and weaker excuses for them :)

That being said, the new reward structure was easily the best thing in this release. More frequent token drops, better end rewards, more special missions. The praise for it likely got lost in all the fleet/shard shop controversy, but this was an excellent step in improving motivation and daily participation in TB. Now more stars are a "let's improve" goal rather than a desperate "we're falling way behind" one.
  • Options

Add to that what character is it. This is mostly important for ships. The differences between ships are far too subtle on the small screen. (Which angle makes it a wedge vs. a Bigs, or a Rex vs Clone Sargent). I am sure it is much worse for users with low vision, or who have color blindness.

Not just how many have him or her, but how many of them are available. (i.e. they haven't been assigned in another platoon or deployed to another territory).
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    stohelit wrote: »

Add to that what character is it. This is mostly important for ships. The differences between ships are far too subtle on the small screen. (Which angle makes it a wedge vs. a Bigs, or a Rex vs Clone Sargent). I am sure it is much worse for users with low vision, or who have color blindness.

Not just how many have him or her, but how many of them are available. (i.e. they haven't been assigned in another platoon or deployed to another territory).

You can press and hold to get the ship screen as a workaround currently. It's a bit heavy, full screen popup when all I want is the name, but it works in a pinch. But a thumbs up to seeing how many, and who has one left.
  • Options
    That being said, the new reward structure was easily the best thing in this release. More frequent token drops, better end rewards, more special missions. The praise for it likely got lost in all the fleet/shard shop controversy, but this was an excellent step in improving motivation and daily participation in TB. Now more stars are a "let's improve" goal rather than a desperate "we're falling way behind" one.
    100% - It's great. I'm looking forward to seeing how great in reality once prize boxes drop. Hoping there's a much higher % of fully crafted gear. The only rub is, we're getting fewer TB's since they're being spaced 4-5 in between so it kind of evens out in a month. Would be nice to have only 1-2 days of down time between.
    Regardless, thanks for all the feedback from everyone!
    @CG_RyDiggs @CG_Carrie - Some ideas here for you on officer tools for TB's. We appreciate you looking at these with us.
  • kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Another suggestion would be to remove the separate "Deployed 73,435" message in the log when doing combat and special missions, or filling platoons. We're telling people to deploy specifically to a certain territory,and only do combat missions in the other. These messages appear to be confusing people, making them think players are deploying units directly to the territory when they're indirectly deployed via combat, special, or platoon mission. These messages appear to conflict with the instructions given to players, and we end up with deployments to the wrong territory. Now it could be that the player is just ignoring the instructions altogether for whatever reason, but the fewer mixed messages the better. Not to mention that the logs have finite length, and these extra entries cut off more useful information by doubling the entries for combat, special,and platoon missions.
  • Options
    Not to mention that the logs have finite length, and these extra entries cut off more useful information by doubling the entries for combat, special, and platoon missions.

Yeah, that definitely made tracking tougher for us.
    I actually kind of like seeing the amount deployed for a CM - It helped us to see the strength of squads people were putting in. I see your point though. Perhaps that could be renamed to "CM Deployment" or some other designation to separate them from a deployment dump?

• kalidor
    2121 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Not to mention that the logs have finite length, and these extra entries cut off more useful information by doubling the entries for combat, special, and platoon missions.

Yeah, that definitely made tracking tougher for us.
    I actually kind of like seeing the amount deployed for a CM - It helped us to see the strength of squads people were putting in. I see your point though. Perhaps that could be renamed to "CM Deployment" or some other designation to separate them from a deployment dump?

I don't mind seeing the GP either, I just wish it was part of the special/combat mission message. And assigning to platoons just spams a crazy number of messages - wish it would batch these up a bit.
  • Options
    A great point... Tho for fun, our guild leader started to watch the crawl in early phases and Play by Play the GP deployment to wave score. It was good fun. B)
  • Options
    @CG_Carrie @CG_RyDiggs
    Are you able to share anything with us yet on officer tools for future TB's?
  • Options
    Highlighting where to hit would be huge. A green smoking flare would be pretty cool.

In general - it would be nice to be able to put up a banner message in TB, HAAT, and Pit that was persistent. and always there.

That way the single spot for the Banner on the Guild Chat could be used for communicating other information.

And yeah, +'s for being able to see who DIDN'T participate in something. I don't believe there is much strategy in TB, it just comes down to GP really, so we need to be able to talk/drop people in an informative way.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Some tracking tools would be greatly appreciated.

Our guild just missed 3* in 2B by around 1M points. And 3 people didn't hit the combat mission. We knew who 2 of them were but not the third. So now we're preaching to the 47 that did do it hoping that those that didn't realise that it was their fault.
  • Options
    Can we have a dialogue about this or get some feedback from you on what you're working on? @CG_RyDiggs
    Yesterday's CM crashes have made tracking very difficult. Would be great to hear what you have in mind to help us.
  • Options
    Muaddib wrote: »
    Can we have a dialogue about this or get some feedback from you on what you're working on? @CG_RyDiggs
    Yesterday's CM crashes have made tracking very difficult. Would be great to hear what you have in mind to help us.

Yes^^ let's pow wow. Us on the front lines can help.

• MK61
    57 posts Member
    Options
    Resurrecting an old thread, and forgive me if this was mentioned before as I only skimmed the previous posts... But as a guild officer, I'd like to throw a few ideas out there.

In the current territories, you can click on a combat mission or special mission and see how many folks have attempted it. And there is a "news feed" of who has attacked and deployed recently, but only goes back so many posts. Is there a way that we can get a breakdown of which members attempted each combat mission and how many waves they completed, just for the current territory/territories?

Also, for closed territories the counter shows 0/50 for combat missions, but shows participation in the special missions. Can we have the counters show participation after the territory closes for the combat missions as well? Or have a way to track how much participation we had in each terrirory, and each combat/special mission after it is closed? The minimum would be the counter, if we could get a list of participants and how many waves they completed would be even better!!! Our guild is close to being able to add several stars, and having a way to track the participation of our members could prove quite helpful.
  • Options
    @MK61

I think part of what you were talking about (and what i am mostly concerned about) is in this post by Kalidor. We need better tracking per CM instead of just 35/50 a drop down or other area showing who has already completed. its impossible to track and not every guild is going to have efficient means of getting all their players to actively contribute. i get it people have lives and its like herding cats over here. Thanks for bringing this thread back up. We need some Dev attention on this bc these are giant QoL's that need to happen.

This was my thinking as well, platoons are definitely the most difficult to wrangle. Anything to make them easier to coordinate would be great.
    I'd also like to be able to tap a button on special and combat missions to see who has done them (sorted by success, 6/6, 5/6, etc or pass/fail), who has yet to do them, and who is ineligible for them. Broken down in tabs the way Stats is (Completed, Ready, Ineligible).
    Daily stats also gets my vote, as does the ability to lock out platoons, missions, and deployment. Yes, lockouts can be abused but if my guild was abusing them, I'd find another guild.
    A persistent message within the TB table screen, like the message in guild chat, would go a long way too. That poor message is being terribly overloaded on days with raids and TBs.
    Honestly I wish the the devs developing TB could secretly lead a regular, non-whale guild through a couple of TBs (think 20-30* guild). I think that'd really show them where TB coordination is lacking.

• Options
    All of the most dedicated players are experiencing heavy burnout. This is a PSA.
  • Options
    I built a spreadsheet over a weekend. Another guild officer maintains a list of players, their characters, and star levels. I have to manually enter the names of ships and characters for squads and platoons because there's no API to gather that information. I have to do it exactly at 1pm EDT because I can't preview requirements for the next phase and plan overnight. It takes me about 20 - 30 minutes, in the middle of the business day, to figure out what we can and can't fill. And even then, there's no method for me to open platoons for assignment, or lock platoons to impede assignment. (Seriously, people need to stop putting ships and toons where Paploo, Logray, Kylo's Shuttle, TIE Reaper or the Falcon are required).

It's been a month. I built a passable tool over a weekend, without direct access to any of the game data, and it's not part of my job description. This isn't a guessing game about which toons to farm or whether we're going to pick the wrong ones and have to consider cashing in on a pack. This isn't about making the game easier, but about making the experience less painful. Give us something. Or at least an idea of what we might expect and when.
  • Peer
    299 posts Member
    Options
    Really disappointing that nothing happened. My guild gets better, even maxed star count to 32. But the cost is too high: I plan and coordinate TB during working hours and have to compensate for the loss of time and fail to play arena battles and the guild leaders in our 10-guilds-group are generally less active in other areas of the game.

Sad that players needs have low priority.
  • Options
    Once the TB is conclued, the results is gone until a new event is scheduled. Plz make the logs stay available all the time.
  • Dundadarr
    157 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Clearly another very interactive discussion here.

Guess it will be the usual pot luck of what we can make out from a set of random bugged unrequested tools as usual rather than interact and give us tools we actually want and which might be helpful