Is this normal?

Can someone explain how the starship and pvp arena shards work?

Do you move to a new shard as you progress in character leveling or gear score? Do you move to a new shard if you level, not your toons, but the user or as you get close to leveling?

I logged in today and found I went from 840 to 1330ish in PVP Arena and the players around me are suddenly 83-84 with 64k GP ratings. I am 53% to 82.

Fleet I went from 54 to 83 and all the fleets around me at 6-7 star 160k GP to my 4 star fleet 136GP. A 6 star wedge, Mace led, 1 shot my Biggs Tank, so I can safely assume I am out of my league all of a sudden.

Replies

• Options
    You're being outspent by your shardmates
    Two Time Golden Poo Award Winner
  • Options
    Same thing happened to me in arena yesterday....i went from 160ish to 660.....went back under 300...and today jumped back to 500+. My shard is relatively new also, been playing for 3 months maybe?
  • Options

Do you move to a new shard as you progress in character leveling or gear score? Do you move to a new shard if you level, not your toons, but the user or as you get close to leveling?

I logged in today and found I went from 840 to 1330ish in PVP Arena and the players around me are suddenly 83-84 with 64k GP ratings. I am 53% to 82.

Fleet I went from 54 to 83 and all the fleets around me at 6-7 star 160k GP to my 4 star fleet 136GP. A 6 star wedge, Mace led, 1 shot my Biggs Tank, so I can safely assume I am out of my league all of a sudden.

No, they don't move you in arena or fleet arena shards. I am still battling the same people as I did in November of 2015.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I guess a bunch of new whales just joined my shard then. Never thought I’d see 6* and 7* fleets in this far back. Those are normally in the top 25 of the shard.

Same with arena. Never seen some of these folks names. Maybe a whole slew of CLS whales appeared and knocked the tops down a few pegs?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    moved to correct sub forum, and it looks like you got your answer.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

No, they don't move you in arena or fleet arena shards. I am still battling the same people as I did in November of 2015.

• Options
    I guess a bunch of new whales just joined my shard then. Never thought I’d see 6* and 7* fleets in this far back. Those are normally in the top 25 of the shard.

Same with arena. Never seen some of these folks names. Maybe a whole slew of CLS whales appeared and knocked the tops down a few pegs?

It doesn't have to be whales. With the level cap locked in for a long time, dolphins, guppies and even f2p players have caught up in terms of gear and teams. Arena always becomes more volatile after a level cap gets "stale". It's always been that way.

Then, when the level cap gets pushed up (if it does - I suspect it will at some point) - the whales jump out in front with levels/gear...then the gap close again. Whales/dolphins pay for an temporary advantage - not a permanent one.

It also seems that arena and ship arena are more volatile when TB are going on. I've noticed that the last 2 TBs - people are just more active.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*