How many new ships have been added since its release?

jwoah
210 posts Member
edited September 2017
I wasn't playing for the release of fleet battles and I'm just wondering how many new ships were added since it's been playable? I was here for the addition of both Phoenix ships and the GF and read on the forums that the two unfarmable ships(**** and kylos) were added afterwards but other than that I'm not sure.

I guess my point is, why do we have so little ships? We only have 26 ships currently, which only 24 are currently obtainable. I honestly don't even want the super characters(Luke,r2,etc.) to yet have their ships because that can be done at any time to make a decent amount of money for CG,(the real millennium falcon anybody?) which they do deserve. I really enjoy this game and I like to support companies that make games I like.

But, back to the point, why can't we have people like RG have his ship, a nice generic toon that most people have with a really awesome looking ship, or even leias tantive which also looks pretty dope.

Hell, I'd even take the clones transport ship(LAAT) piloted by storm trooper and magmatrooper or something if it meant more ships. Some skills are pretty much wasted since there's only a few ships with each tag and some skills only affect or have double bonuses to ships with their same tags.

TLDR; Basically, I'm just asking that instead of a couple new characters every month, why not make one of those characters a ship instead? 24 ships is not enough to have diversity, especially when 8 are being used in a battle(9 when 7* capital ships come out), so that's 1/3 of the total available ships. I enjoy ship battles, I really do, but the biggs protection gain from target lock with reinforcement scimitar meta is getting a little boring to have to fight over and over. I know some people use different ships but these are the staple in basically every team;

Biggs
Wedge
Tie advanced
Slave 1
Scimitar(most)
Rex-Arc(most)

at least the other 2 are changed around a bit in my shard. Is that really what was intended when ships came out?

Also, question, when did ships come out?

PS: I might get some hate for this but I really think the addition of hardware will help things a lot!

Replies

• Options
    As far as I remember, the ships were introduced in november last year and since then, apart from the Phoenix ships and the Gar Saxon's one, none were introduced.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Pieriku wrote: »
    As far as I remember, the ships were introduced in november last year and since then, apart from the Phoenix ships and the Gar Saxon's one, none were introduced.

Wait, so kylos ship and the millennium falcon were available at release?
  • Options
    No, they weren't available at release. I think they came out as part of a p2p character bundle. If you bought the pack you got the ship at 4*.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    No, they weren't available at release. I think they came out as part of a p2p character bundle. If you bought the pack you got the ship at 4*.

Thats how I thought they were released, so i guess only 5 ships (3 farmable) have been released since it's launch almost a year ago? If they followed a one ship per month philosophy we would have doubled the amount released after launch. 29 ships is much better than 24; that's roughly 25% more ships for players to choose from.

I've excluded the 2 unfarmable ships from the total count since they are unavailable from use for the majority of the player base from what I've read and seen, which basically means they haven't been released yet.
  • Options
    jwoah wrote: »

Thats how I thought they were released, so i guess only 5 ships (3 farmable) have been released since it's launch almost a year ago? If they followed a one ship per month philosophy we would have doubled the amount released after launch. 29 ships is much better than 24; that's roughly 25% more ships for players to choose from.

I've excluded the 2 unfarmable ships from the total count since they are unavailable from use for the majority of the player base from what I've read and seen, which basically means they haven't been released yet.

Nor will they be from the looks of it since CG has consistantly ignored threads about them and we are near a year from their release.

I would have thought that being needed in TB would make them at least farmable in one place but lost hope now.

New ships would be so easy, it isn't like we don't have enough characters now to make at least one every few months. Problem is they never adjust for power creep and that will happen with ships too
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Massov wrote: »
    Nor will they be from the looks of it since CG has consistantly ignored threads about them and we are near a year from their release.

I would have thought that being needed in TB would make them at least farmable in one place but lost hope now.

New ships would be so easy, it isn't like we don't have enough characters now to make at least one every few months. Problem is they never adjust for power creep and that will happen with ships too

Idk, I feel like it's much easier to come out with new balanced ships than with characters since there isn't near the power creep that has unfortunately befallen upon them(even though the creep is kinda nessecary to increase CG's wallet). Some might argue Biggs' ship is an OP tank but I think I struggle more when I have to fight a fully maxed out clone seargent's ship, especially if the scimitar is involved. Biggs relies fairly heavily on RNG or that you mainly use Mace's capital ship.

There are so many ships in the SW universe, many of which have their own threads asking to be added into the game right here on the forums(We like to make it easy for you devs :smile:)Financially it would probably end up a great move for CG if they slowly added a bunch new ships and they do it correctly(very, very gradual power creep). If done right, people might actually start having fun, like I do, with ship battles and they will be more likely to spend money in that facet of the game.
  • Delmon_Ciiidrr
    504 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This should be the list of Ships that where added after the initial release.

Tie Advance (Tournament)
    Phantom II, Ghost (Marquee Event)
    Tie Reaper (?)
    Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (Bundle)
    Cassian's U-Wing (Bundle)
    Gauntlet Starfighter (Marquee Event)

Millenium Falcon was available from the beginning.
  • Options
    Massov wrote: »

Idk I think it could be easily done without a huge need for a power creep. The only reason that characters need a power creep is to keep CG's wallet fat as people always want the shiniest, newest, usually pretty strong, toons. There are so few ships currently that a power creep wouldn't need to happen for at least 2 years with a monthly ship release cadence. Even then it should only be very, very gradual.

There's a plethora of SW ships in the universe and many of them have then own threads asking to be added into the game right here on these forums(we like to make it easy for you devs :smile:). If done right, which might constitute a need to increase fleet rewards, ships could be a significant new addition of income for CG as people start to enjoy ship battles like I do. Imagine if people worked as hard on fleet arena as they do in the regular arena, that's potential for double the income.
  • jwoah
    210 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This should be the list of Ships that where added after the initial release.

Tie Advance (Tournament)
    Phantom II, Ghost (Marquee Event)
    Tie Reaper (?)
    Kylo Ren's Command Shuttle (Bundle)
    Cassian's U-Wing (Bundle)
    Gauntlet Starfighter (Marquee Event)

Millenium Falcon was available from the beginning.

Ok so possibly 7 ships(5 farmable) added since release, (which means less than 20 at launch) still very little if it's been since November 2016. I don't even know how many characters that have been added since then, at least triple that, and I'm guessing it's been even more.
  • want5umcand1
    124 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Slave 1 had a bundle too. I think there are 3 ships now that are unobtainable without $, not 2. Millennium Falcon, Kylo's Command Ship and Tie Reaper.
  • Options
    Slave 1 had a bundle too. I think that there are 3 ships now that are unobtainable without $, not 2.

I think the millennium falcon and kylo's ship are the only unfarmable ships now that you can get cassians u-wing from the TB shop.
  • Options
    Nevermind, the Tie Reaper is also unfarmable, so yeah 3 ships.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum
  • Options
    They actually just made kylo's ship and cassians u-wing farmable.

I also don't understand why certain other characters don't have ships that they do have.

Grevous has a capital ship
    Anakin has a jedi star fighter
    IG-88 has a ship

On that note.... The 4 general pilots like the rebel pilot and tie pilot should be interchangeable between 3 different fighters.

Dark:
    -Tie Interceptor (attacker)
    -Tie Bomber (tank)
    -Tie Phantom (support/stealth)
    Light:
    -A-wing (attacker)
    -Y-wing (Support)
    -B-wing (tank)

By changing they're ship, you change they're specials and the role they play.
    This actually makes the pilots worth having, adds 6 new ships, and just makes sense. A general fighter pilot should be qualified to fly anything in they're arsenal, and all of the above are highly esteemed fighters.

If you added all the missing characters from Naboo, like Padme and captain panaka, you could have they're pilot, hence adding they're fighter, (Hell the droid starfighter could be the only ship that doesn't require a pilot)

If you added Dash Rendar, you could add his ship, the outrider. Hes the one who fights IG-88 in the first place. Hes a badass rebel scoundrel that boasts his ship is faster then the millennium falcon.

If you added Bossk, the lizardman bounty Hunter, he has a ship As well.
  • Options
    Hell, commander luke could have his X-wing with R2-D2 as his crew mate. (You could even add ben kenobi). Make it a 7 star activation like commander luke.

(If you ask my opinion, commander luke should be a 5-star activation like yoda, and Master Luke in black with the green lightsabre should be the 7-star activation)
  • Options
    Sky101 wrote: »
    On that note.... The 4 general pilots like the rebel pilot and tie pilot should be interchangeable between 3 different fighters.

Dark:
    -Tie Interceptor (attacker)
    -Tie Bomber (tank)
    -Tie Phantom (support/stealth)
    Light:
    -A-wing (attacker)
    -Y-wing (Support)
    -B-wing (tank)

By changing they're ship, you change they're specials and the role they play.
    This actually makes the pilots worth having, adds 6 new ships, and just makes sense. A general fighter pilot should be qualified to fly anything in they're arsenal, and all of the above are highly esteemed fighters.

I'd really love to see these ships added to the game, but I worry that having the pilot work with multiple ships might create technical challenges that could mess things up. Better to have some extra "generic" pilots added to the game I'm afraid, not that I care for that idea much either, but better than creating unnecessary technical alterations to game function. If they were going to do that, I'd rather just see ships replaced with a subsystem similar to mods, where you build a ship (which you can build more than one of) and equip the ship on a character.

Probably just safest to make some extra pilots though.

Speaking of, now that we have Thrawn in canon, hopefully Baron Fel will follow soon :)