So now CLS has been out a while, is it worth putting a Zeta on?

Olga
1333 posts Member
Are any of his abilities worth putting a zeta on? Most of them seem lackluster and I think there are better choices for a leader.

Replies

• Options
    "It binds all things" is an excellent skill to put a zeta on.
  • Options
    I have two on him so far. I did Binds All Things first and it was very helpful in arena. The other day I put on Learn Control and it is definitely not one that I regret. Too many battles were lost when CLS would get stunned halfway through. The Leader ability needs to be much more purposeful, but the two I described have a lot of utility in different places. My primary foci were arena and HAAT and I haven't been disappointed.
  • Options
    I did "binds". No regrets there. Just not sure about the other 2. Any opinions on zeta "learn control" and/or "rebel maneuvers" is welcome.
  • Options
    Buffbeardo wrote: »
    I did "binds". No regrets there. Just not sure about the other 2. Any opinions on zeta "learn control" and/or "rebel maneuvers" is welcome.

I put on Learn Control two or three days ago, @Buffbeardo. It's cut my losses in half and is especially helpful in the second half of battles. Where CLS might normally be stunned by R2, Han, or another CLS, he often not only resists the stun but stuns on his counter since many defense down debuffs are usually up by that point.

I haven't made my mind up about taking the plunge on his Leader ability, but I don't regret Learn Control as his second zeta at all.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    "It binds all things" is actually an amazing zeta, much better than it sounds. Han v Han duels, if you lose it and let's say their Han stunned your Han - your CLS gains 20% TM (learn control) and using his first special on GK for example - gives everyone 10% TM. So your 250 R2 will outspeed their 270 R2.
  • Options
    Faa wrote: »
    "It binds all things" is actually an amazing zeta, much better than it sounds. Han v Han duels, if you lose it and let's say their Han stunned your Han - your CLS gains 20% TM (learn control) and using his first special on GK for example - gives everyone 10% TM. So your 250 R2 will outspeed their 270 R2.

Agreed. In most CLS/Zolo v. CLS/Zolo battles, the Zolo who goes second will win with the CLS zeta.
  • Options
    Napoli wrote: »

Agreed. In most CLS/Zolo v. CLS/Zolo battles, the Zolo who goes second will win with the CLS zeta.

Unless the first Han stuns the opposing CL
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

Interesting. That's never really be the case in my experience, but it may have to do with the composition of my team (CLS/R2/Leia/Han/OB). I have the most struggles in my Leia is stunned first, and very occasionally when my Han is stunned. I have never had an issue when my CLS, R2, or OB receives the opening stun.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »

But then you do the same thing so that mods decide whoever goes next. That's the point.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm just not all that convinced they're really that great because I mean does he really inflict that many debuffs? Hm... I guess his counter chance adds more potential. Well I have a spare zeta but not sure if it might be better to give it to someone else like maybe Barriss or someone. My arena squad is zJyn, zzR2, CLS, Cassian, Chirrut.

I've also heard Cassian's zeta is great for TB but I still don't have a 5th R1 member to 7* yet, working on Baze. zJyn, Cassian and K2-SO are already amazing for the other battles as they are. Those three can easily carry 2 randoms in pretty much any battle.
  • Options
    It Binds all things is a good zeta, and so is his leader skill. With both zeta'd, whether you apply a debuff, or it's resisted, your team is gaining valuable TM.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's true. I don't actually use his lead though, in arena I use Jyn and in TB I will usually use CLS under an Ackbar lead.
  • Options
    Olga wrote: »
    Yeah, that's true. I don't actually use his lead though, in arena I use Jyn and in TB I will usually use CLS under an Ackbar lead.

Glad to see someone experimenting beyond the current meta. Not me, I leaned on CL (L), OGH, ATF (Or Thrawn), GK, R2 early on and haven't changed. A really awesome squad.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah that's a pretty cool squad but a bit geary for me atm. Takes so much gear to get Han from 10 to 11 and GK is GK. Not sure what ATF is like but I don't have her stars up yet.
  • Options
    Let's just say, my OGH has +97 speed with CC/CD mods, and 2900 Physical Damage. He's a one man wrecking crew, and way better than nihilus ever was.
  • Olga
    1333 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah he's an awesome character, I will gear him at some point but he's too squishy at G10 and I'm not gonna zeta him until he's G12.