Drop Rate Tracking

About a month ago, I did what more than a few members of this community have done as of late; had a rant about the seemingly extremely low drop rate on both heroes and gear. Upon doing so I was challenged by one of the mods to track the rates in the hopes that I'd see them equalize over time, so for the past month that's exactly what I've been doing. I want to have a minimum of 14 days/300 attempts before I post the results as I think those are reasonable targets to expect to see said equalization. My first lot of results are from Geo Soldier, and since I now have him at 7* I can't do any more tracking, so the results are as follows:

VvNuK3L.png

1/3 is what I see as a fair rate for character shards, anything less than that and I believe the game is being too miserly, any more than that and I believe it's being too generous. So, as you can see from my GS shard drop experience it's pretty much a fair drop rate.

I have more data which I am working on atm, both shards and gear, so I will update this when I reach my requisite goal of either 14 days/300 attempts. In doing so, hopefully people will see a pattern and maybe believe the devs about the drop rate equalization as I questioned it very vehemently and here I am, cap in hand, saying that I was wrong.

Replies

• Options
    Thanks for the data and the work
  • Options

Any time. Hopefully it'll help but peoples mind at ease about the devs "fixing" low drop rates. I made such an accusation but based on all of the date I've collected I was wrong.
  • Options
    What rate do you get for purple gear. The 1/3 shard drop rate was pretty easy to eyeball. Purple seams about 15% but could be as high as 20 or a little lower. I'm too lazy to collect data.
  • Options

+1
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »
    What rate do you get for purple gear. The 1/3 shard drop rate was pretty easy to eyeball. Purple seams about 15% but could be as high as 20 or a little lower. I'm too lazy to collect data.

It varies, for the really high level stuff (the syringe for example) I am getting a drop rate of approximately 18.4%, and for the lower level purple gear it seems to be closer to 24% atm.
  • Options
    Rey shards Last 5 days:
    5/56
  • Options
    Poerli wrote: »
    Rey shards Last 5 days:
    5/56

Ouch. I had bad luck when I went 0/6 on her shards for 3 consecutive days.
  • Options
    My overall drop rate for shards was 31% up to last week. That rate has fallen down to 29%. Cantina has had particularly poor drop rates. One day last week it was 14%. It was in the low 20s for every other day that week.
  • Options

Any time. Hopefully it'll help but peoples mind at ease about the devs "fixing" low drop rates. I made such an accusation but based on all of the date I've collected I was wrong.

How many refreshes did you do per day? I see sometimes you had upwards of 50 attempts. That's so many. I do exactly two every day.
  • Options
    All of this data was collected prior to the latest update. Just sayin. B)
  • Options
    Greg1920 wrote: »

It varies, for the really high level stuff (the syringe for example) I am getting a drop rate of approximately 18.4%, and for the lower level purple gear it seems to be closer to 24% atm.

Thanks, seems to be about my experience.

• Options
    I'm pretty sure this is only for GS. Different characters have different drop rate.
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    Thnks OP

On macro scale it might work. I still think RND is broken on micro scale
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    And how do we know that drop rates are the same across the board? Sure, my drop rate for GS is also above 30%. But my drop rate for Dooku was 32% prior to the 12/10 update, and 7% since. My Consular has been 9% since. Ahsoka? 3%. Not to mention the fact that almost every purple item rate has been below 10%. Prior to the update, I'd never had anything below 26%. Ever.

This is ****.
  • Options
    My drop rate has been up and down. Yesterday things dropped fairly well I'd say the average. Today nothing has dropped. Out of 37 attempts at JC Today I got 4. 4!!! That's including the two I bought in shipments. Purple drops have been awful too. I didn't keep track of it today but I received three total of the one o was attempting to get. Inluding the 7-8 that I was paying attention to and got a big fat 0. I don't want to blame it on the update and ea knowing that people are attempting to squire Jedi and level them but....
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    ... But it sounds like you want to blame it on those things
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • Options
    Drops have been stu-pid
    1 for 18 last 3 day for my fotp.....these !#!holes don't want me to get my 7* I refuse to buy that stupid refresh for this kind of ****
  • ThalosKirano
    728 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    moongod wrote: »
    All of this data was collected prior to the latest update. Just sayin. B)

Read the OP again, I'm still collecting data so I can compare pre and post update. Just saying :)
  • Options

How many refreshes did you do per day? I see sometimes you had upwards of 50 attempts. That's so many. I do exactly two every day.

With GS it was usually just 1 refresh, occasionally 2. Each refresh gives 120 energy which equates to 15 attempts at GS (120÷8) in a 24 hour day we get 120 naturally refreshed energy so that's another 15 attempts. On top of that I was going up usually 1 level every other day so that's an additional 40-60 energy or another 5-8 attempts. So on 1 refresh you get around 30 attempts or 35-38 with leveling up, and on 2 refreshes you get around 45 attempts or 50-53 with leveling up.
  • Options
    I would be interested if there is any correlation between energy cost and drop rate ie does the same item on a 6 energy node have a lower drop rate than an 8 energy node, an 8 has less than a 10, etc etc.
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez