Shard Shop 2.0 & Fleet Shop 2.0 Clarification requested

The CG dev team and community manager have been active lately. I wanted to summarize some concerns some have made and ask if we could receive an official comment.

Shard Shop 2.0
So far, as you've already heard, the Shard Shop changes have been well received when viewed in isolation, along with all the other recent changes implemented on 9/20. The addition of gear here has been awesome, allowing me to convert all other extra shop currency into Shard Shop currency to buy gear. Love it.

Fleet Shop 2.0
Those that are well into end-game content don't really have anything negative to say about removing gear from the Fleet Store; however, many new players, or f2p, or long-time players who don't need zetas (or can't use) , and have all the ships, are clearly upset at the removal of gear here. In their unique circumstances, spending an expensive price on gear in fleet store was better than buying zetas they couldn't use.

Could you shed light on your decision to stop selling gear in the Fleet Arena Store? Why not offer gear in both Fleet And Shard Shops? Is your decision final?

I ask these questions, because you have all shown an interest in listening to your player base, and try where possible to make us happy. Gear has been a concern for a long time.
what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?

Replies

• Options
    @CG_RyDiggs thanks for your attention.
  • Options
    and where's the new 21 day crystal pack??
  • Options
    @ImYourHuckleberry

I very much appreciate that you can see my point of view even though I believe I've seen you express that your situation and perspective are different from mine. And you aren't trying to insist on having it one way when we could potentially have both. Thank you for open minded support.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry

I very much appreciate that you can see my point of view even though I believe I've seen you express that your situation and perspective are different from mine. And you aren't trying to insist on having it one way when we could potentially have both. Thank you for open minded support.

LOL... I do like to debate, and sometimes I get carried away @JacenRoe. In the end, we're all human beings and I do respect your pov, even if disagreeing some times. I just think if the CG team stepped in with some thoughts on their recent changes, it could smooth the issue.
  • Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    @ImYourHuckleberry

LOL... I do like to debate, and sometimes I get carried away @JacenRoe. In the end, we're all human beings and I do respect your pov, even if disagreeing some times. I just think if the CG team stepped in with some thoughts on their recent changes, it could smooth the issue.

Agreed. I love most of the new changes that CG has made. And it's very obvious they are listening, and trying to make things better. There are times when some changes benefit some, but hurt others with no way around it. But this is a rare opportunity where we could have both. If there is a reason why we can't I'd love to hear it. Even if they flood the Fleet store with new ships and toons tomorrow I still would like the dignity of being able to choose what to spend it on.
  • Options
    It would also be nice if some changes are made to Galactic War, so that it is not so onerous and time consuming. Ever since CLS came out, it has gotten a LOT more difficult and takes twice as long to get through (if you can even finish it). It would help to reduce it down to twice a week and just increase the rewards. Thanks.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    While I have never gotten gear from fleet store I definitely understand the frustration. I am close to the point I would have considered doing so and will now be left with only using it for zeta's and/or omega's. There is already 3 other stores that long time players can use for nothing but shard shop currency I didn't really need another.
  • John_Anacall
    43 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    This is a good thread, I'd only request for you to edit one thing. You say: " their unique circumstances, spending an expensive price on gear in fleet store was better than buying zetas they couldn't use."

Man, the gear wasn't expensive in the Fleet Store. If I only used Fleet Store currency to get Shard Shop currency I'd spend way more tokens for the same gear. So I'd like you to edit it out when you say "spending and expensive price", because it makes look like it was stupid buying gear from the Fleet Store, when it was not.

Edit: Wow, they censor stu.. pid here
  • Options
    This is a good thread, I'd only request for you to edit one thing. You say: " their unique circumstances, spending an expensive price on gear in fleet store was better than buying zetas they couldn't use."

Man, the gear wasn't expensive in the Fleet Store. If I only used Fleet Store currency to get Shard Shop currency I'd spend way more tokens for the same gear. So I'd like you to edit it out when you say "spending and expensive price", because it makes look like it was **** buying gear from the Fleet Store, when it was not.

I think original comment is fine, as in essence, gear in the fleet store is basically bought with zeta'd (or rather at the opportunity cost of zetas). That seems pretty expensive.
  • Options
    Any response from devs would be great, this is a hot topic
  • Options

Man, the gear wasn't expensive in the Fleet Store. If I only used Fleet Store currency to get Shard Shop currency I'd spend way more tokens for the same gear. So I'd like you to edit it out when you say "spending and expensive price", because it makes look like it was **** buying gear from the Fleet Store, when it was not.

I think original comment is fine, as in essence, gear in the fleet store is basically bought with zeta'd (or rather at the opportunity cost of zetas). That seems pretty expensive.

Expensive is a pretty subjective term. Also, the circumstances that allow someone to spend fleet coins on gear instead of zetas are probably a lot less unique than you think.
  • Options
    snowhut wrote: »

Expensive is a pretty subjective term. Also, the circumstances that allow someone to spend fleet coins on gear instead of zetas are probably a lot less unique than you think.

Yepp if you look around a bit there are quite a few that bought gear from there including myself. Also zetas are powerfull but their impact is not even close to the impact gear has (with a very few exceptions). So farming gear from tehre wasn't all that unnatural.
  • Options
    I'd also like to know if there are plans to change the number of tiles in Shard 2.0 and the gear that can appear in each one of these tiles. Currently 1 has Grievous (ha!), 2 of these are for raid and new gear, 3 of these have practically useless gear (1 purple, 2 blue - at least useless in the sense that'd I never waste shard currency on them) and only 1 tile has cuffs and guns - and that one also has challenge syringes. This seems like a regression from what was available in Fleet 1.0.
    I'm hoping that there is some additional tweaking coming for Shard 2.0.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    With the changes to the fleet shop/store and additional gear in shard store and event store do not have the much needed pit raid gear mk5 droid caller salvage. Only available in the shipments for crystals or guild store 2 at a time. And mk5 furnace salvage all but disappeared as well. Please add more locations to farm these 2 essential pieces of gear.