Boring Battles

Prev1
Anyone else already bored with Territory Battles? It's just a glorified, stretched out galactic war.... the rewards are pretty unexciting as well considering the time invested. New players can't participate and even mid range players are stuck being tasked with assigning platoons. It has also encouraged guild hoping and guild mergers as a desperate attempt to build GP. Just my opinion, but would have been much more excited for a new raid instead of this waste of time.

Replies

• Options
    What it really needs is ability to sim the combat missions. Once I can do all 6 sections of a combat mission on a given phase without losing any characters (like a 3 star finish in challenges), with a given team, I should not have to go and do it again every territory battle. Just let me sim it, and mark those characters as used. (If I want to switch to different team, fine to have to re-fight it until can 3 star with them.)

Even better would be ability to SIM up to whatever section of the battle I reached. (If I got through 4 phases last time, let me sim 4, or I can chose to try the battle.)

That would make TB much less tedious.
    (Then early stages would be platoon, SIM, deploy, done. Only get down to doing battles when they are interesting/challenging.)

In raids, once the novelty wears off I can just hit auto and take a lesser payout tier, but I am not letting the guild down. In TB, if I hit auto I am potentially reducing everyone's payouts.
  • SuperTroopers
    200 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Great point stohelit I guess I just wish there was more variety or and alternating dark and light side TB.

The rewards structure is important too, I agree that members like you and I care about letting the guild down but some don't and do not try their best if there is no individual reward. Maybe an individual reward bonus for assigning all 10 toons to platoons or competing 6/6 would make it better.
    Post edited by SuperTroopers on
  • Options
    Anyone else having a drop off in guild participation this Territory Battle?
  • Options
    stohelit wrote: »
    What it really needs is ability to sim the combat missions. Once I can do all 6 sections of a combat mission on a given phase without losing any characters (like a 3 star finish in challenges), with a given team, I should not have to go and do it again every territory battle. Just let me sim it, and mark those characters as used. (If I want to switch to different team, fine to have to re-fight it until can 3 star with them.)

Even better would be ability to SIM up to whatever section of the battle I reached. (If I got through 4 phases last time, let me sim 4, or I can chose to try the battle.)

(Then early stages would be platoon, SIM, deploy, done. Only get down to doing battles when they are interesting/challenging.)

In raids, once the novelty wears off I can just hit auto and take a lesser payout tier, but I am not letting the guild down. In TB, if I hit auto I am potentially reducing everyone's payouts.

The problem with this solution is that you're just cutting out the only actual "gameplay" content involved. If you sim all of the combat missions, there is nothing more to it than just assigning characters and clicking "Sim". Which is what we're doing in pretty much every other game mode as it is.

If we agree that using Sims on the entire thing is the solution, that's pretty much admission that this new game mode is pretty boring.

I'm not sure the devs understand how to make a fair and balanced challenge. These combat missions go from easy and boring to "Huh, I'm dead all of a sudden with no idea why.".

What I was hoping for was a game mode that a person could actually play over and over and accomplish something with, rather than just "Show up at a certain time, do your chores, then wait until next time".
  • Options
    "What I was hoping for was a game mode that a person could actually play over and over and accomplish something with, rather than just "Show up at a certain time, do your chores, then wait until next time".

Yes well said
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. Boring is probably the nicest word that comes to mind.
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options

The problem with this solution is that you're just cutting out the only actual "gameplay" content involved. If you sim all of the combat missions, there is nothing more to it than just assigning characters and clicking "Sim". Which is what we're doing in pretty much every other game mode as it is.

If we agree that using Sims on the entire thing is the solution, that's pretty much admission that this new game mode is pretty boring.

I'm not sure the devs understand how to make a fair and balanced challenge. These combat missions go from easy and boring to "Huh, I'm dead all of a sudden with no idea why.".

What I was hoping for was a game mode that a person could actually play over and over and accomplish something with, rather than just "Show up at a certain time, do your chores, then wait until next time".

Yes - sims would be great. And yes I am admitting it's less fun than doing daily challenges on 1x speed without sims.
  • Options
    In my opinion TB is the most boring thing in this game..... We waited for it for so long and.... platoons.... 24h each phase.... always the same battles..... 100 years needed to have ROLO.....
  • Options

Well said.
  • Options
    Agree Ale it's been a disappointment
  • Options
    TB stinks, I knew from before they were released that it would be a pointless, boring mode. It's release only confirmed my suspicions.

The rewards are unfair and disproportionately reward strong guilds. This only further increases the gap between players who are stuck between 25-30 stars and those who make 35+.

I have people in my shard who have 2.3 millipn GP. I have 1.2 but i can still make it to top 50 in arena. That's after alot of work and sacrifice. Now these people will be able to join the top of the line guilds and get those g12 toons souch faster. Mind you this is a 1 year old shard so 2.3 million GP is insane.

I'm not expecting to compete with people who spend thousands of dollars in this gamr, however these people already gain way more crystals than me just by finishing in the top 10 arena spots. That's already a huge bonus which allows them to buy gear with crystals. Now they get another mode that will reward them way more than the competition.

I've been denied entrance to guilds because of my gp, even though I have CLS, I was kicked from a guild right before TB the other day and missed the entire TB, that was a good 3k tb coins i missed. I know this is irrelevant, but it comes to show how ruthless guilds have become, kicking players with some solid squads just because they don't have those silly characters like pao and lobot and hoth brothers...

So the rewards system is completely broken, it's forced guilds to brake apart, other guilds turning into savages, politely kicking players out. On my other account, a 73 million GP guild broke because of TB. First 4-5 people left to seek more powerful guilds. The. The leaders of pur alliance pulled all the high gp members out and send us their low gp members. The guild dropped down to 55 million from 73.

Anyways apart from the obvious rewards failure, the battles are extremely repetitive, you constantly battle boring snowtroopers, stormtroopers, tie fighter pilots and those suicidal droids. In rare occasions there's a Vader to fight. 6 waves of enemies is so boring and they are so tanky that I can't just blow past them, instead I have to sit there and fight. I'm also afraid of running some of these fights in auto cause if they don't git the right targets, i may lose some toons. And since you cant restart it, i have to go through the entire boring battle. Ship battles are equally boring.

Now on to platoon requirements, they actually want us to farm lobot and pao? I mean come on, we have only so many resources, how can they make us spend them on characters taht have no raid viability, or arena viability, hell not even galactic war viability lol. Like, they are absolutely useless outside of platoons. The p2p platoon requirements in ships only makes matters worse.

They have to make these battles hard enough so that evem stronger players see them as a challenge and don't get bored. But 1. They are boring regardless, 2. That completely screws weaker players....

I don't know what it is with the sudden worship of older players but this is really another attempt to further increase the power gap between older players and newer players. This is irritating.

I would much rather have another raid, raids reward people faily, they don't get boring because every time you wanna do something a little different than before, maybe a new squad you wanna try out and see how it compares to your main squads. In general i have never been bored of a raid... with the exception of CLS for rancor, but even with having CLS i can still build another team if i want to.

My point is, if they at least reward us equally it will make it more satisfying. The arguement that if rewards are the same then stronger players will not be motivated is simply stupid. No player will think : " well I'm only gonna get equal rewards with the folks if this **** guild so I won't bother to do it"... of course that will never happen, people will always go for the highest rewards available. Maybe they will get there with less effort but they will do it. At this point TB is not about fun and challenging fights. It's about lame and challenging fignts. So it's not about keeping it interesting, it's just a grind that you have to go through...
  • Options
    If you could sim it after completing 6/6 then you could theoretically use a resistance team on each of those nodes besides the character specific ones and easily get 6/6 and just sim them from that point on. Bad idea imo.

I would be more inclined to see a more randomized TB each time. Like unexpected teams needed or different enemies, something to make it seem different or unique each time.

Or maybe not require specific toons at all and just change up the enemies so it would tell us what type of team we are going against and we can plan for it accordingly. Like if I see a sith darth maul type team then I know to use my R2, or if I see a specific faction to fight against I would need the opposite faction so if I see FO team then I wouldnt be forced to use resistance against it but resistance could have a buff in that 1 battle vs FO.

Idk something like that could be more dynamic and fun.
  • Options
    The disruption it has caused in guilds is just another layer I have lost a lot of good guild mates of GP arguments that center around Territory Battles. Just another bad thing about TB.
  • Options
    What, you don't like doing the same battle 20 times in a row? Who would have thought. At least there is some RNG involved so that the enemy squad compositions have a tiny bit of variation to them. Plus, you could always change up your teams a little bit to improve the variety.

Sims for TB: not a good idea. Downvote.
  • Options
    Bring the down vote back!!!!

Alternating Dark and Light side TBs would have been fun seems like they just rushed this content out and it feels unfinished again my personal opinion but I'm losing interest.
  • Options
    Can you imagine trying to fill 10 platoon spots and still use 20 toons in CM's when there are only 53 total DS toons in the game? Using more than half of your DS roster per phase.
    Until there is a balance, it would be crazy to do a DS only TB.
  • Options
    Well it obviously wouldn't be run the exact same way.... or they could just introduce new dark side characters :)
  • Options
    Took me about 30 minutes just to get 5/6 in PS battle today. It literally made me angry.

These battles are terrible and annoying to do!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Totally agree War Monkey I've been volunteering to be the platoon guy so I don't have to do the combat missions haha
  • Asic
    1146 posts Member
    Options
    Galoopa wrote: »

Well said.

If it's boring anyway I rather just sim it. It's really quite disappointing. They failed on fun content so let's just move on and let it have a sim option.
  • Options
    I don't think sim is the answer, too much of that already
  • Options
    While we're talking about our disappointment with Territory Battles, I feel like it's worth bringing up how misleading the statement of: "You're going to use every character in your roster!" is when it actually turns into "You're going to need to farm a bunch of stupid characters you have no interest in gearing or ever actually using beyond clicking them into a platoon".

On top of that, if you focused on Dark Side characters (heaven help you), then not only are you not using every character in your roster, but you're going to need a whole new roster.

Very, very disappointing.
  • Options
    While we're talking about our disappointment with Territory Battles, I feel like it's worth bringing up how misleading the statement of: "You're going to use every character in your roster!" is when it actually turns into "You're going to need to farm a bunch of **** characters you have no interest in gearing or ever actually using beyond clicking them into a platoon".

On top of that, if you focused on Dark Side characters (heaven help you), then not only are you not using every character in your roster, but you're going to need a whole new roster.

Very, very disappointing.

I agree with this statement!
  • Options
    TB need a re-work fast.

Get rid of the endless waves of the same troops. Reduce the daily forced time commitment for any players in semi-serious guilds (no viable zero dmg option here)
    Add some boss battles - or something that adds some strategy at least
    Get rid of platoons - they serve no purpose other than to monetise otherwise hopeless toons.
    Reduce frequency to once a month and increase rewards accordingly - unless you can make it interesting ebough we want to do it of course.

Long-time players are already fatigued and bored by TB and we haven't even done 3 yet.
  • Options
    Dundadarr wrote: »
    TB need a re-work fast.

Get rid of the endless waves of the same troops. Reduce the daily forced time commitment for any players in semi-serious guilds (no viable zero dmg option here)
    Add some boss battles - or something that adds some strategy at least
    Get rid of platoons - they serve no purpose other than to monetise otherwise hopeless toons.
    Reduce frequency to once a month and increase rewards accordingly - unless you can make it interesting ebough we want to do it of course.

Long-time players are already fatigued and bored by TB and we haven't even done 3 yet.

Agreed
  • Options
    Platoons are nonsense, for sure. There is no "strategy" element to them. You farm useless characters to slap into a spot, over and over until you have them all. Your entire guild does this ad nausem, and then it'll be even more boring than it is now.

Early on: There are characters that no one really has (pay-to-play Ewoks, pay-to-play ships) so you lose out.
    Frustation.

Later on: Everyone finally has all of the possible required characters and is simply going through the annoying, repetitive motions of filling them in, day after day.
    Boredom.

Remove this nonsensical element and accomplish the tasks of what Platoons accomplish via unique and interesting battles. Why do we have 6 waves of enemies in one combat mission when those 6 waves could have been spread out across the map to accomplish various different things? The total of bonus points toward stars could still add up to the same, without making one battle so long and arduous.

• Options
    A raid boss you could unlock the end like an AT AT or something similar encourage participation and make it more fun as well
  • Options
    Odyseass7 wrote: »
    TB stinks, I knew from before they were released that it would be a pointless, boring mode. It's release only confirmed my suspicions.

The rewards are unfair and disproportionately reward strong guilds. This only further increases the gap between players who are stuck between 25-30 stars and those who make 35+.

I have people in my shard who have 2.3 millipn GP. I have 1.2 but i can still make it to top 50 in arena. That's after alot of work and sacrifice. Now these people will be able to join the top of the line guilds and get those g12 toons souch faster. Mind you this is a 1 year old shard so 2.3 million GP is insane.

I'm not expecting to compete with people who spend thousands of dollars in this gamr, however these people already gain way more crystals than me just by finishing in the top 10 arena spots. That's already a huge bonus which allows them to buy gear with crystals. Now they get another mode that will reward them way more than the competition.

I've been denied entrance to guilds because of my gp, even though I have CLS, I was kicked from a guild right before TB the other day and missed the entire TB, that was a good 3k tb coins i missed. I know this is irrelevant, but it comes to show how ruthless guilds have become, kicking players with some solid squads just because they don't have those silly characters like pao and lobot and hoth brothers...

So the rewards system is completely broken, it's forced guilds to brake apart, other guilds turning into savages, politely kicking players out. On my other account, a 73 million GP guild broke because of TB. First 4-5 people left to seek more powerful guilds. The. The leaders of pur alliance pulled all the high gp members out and send us their low gp members. The guild dropped down to 55 million from 73.

Anyways apart from the obvious rewards failure, the battles are extremely repetitive, you constantly battle boring snowtroopers, stormtroopers, tie fighter pilots and those suicidal droids. In rare occasions there's a Vader to fight. 6 waves of enemies is so boring and they are so tanky that I can't just blow past them, instead I have to sit there and fight. I'm also afraid of running some of these fights in auto cause if they don't git the right targets, i may lose some toons. And since you cant restart it, i have to go through the entire boring battle. Ship battles are equally boring.

Now on to platoon requirements, they actually want us to farm lobot and pao? I mean come on, we have only so many resources, how can they make us spend them on characters taht have no raid viability, or arena viability, hell not even galactic war viability lol. Like, they are absolutely useless outside of platoons. The p2p platoon requirements in ships only makes matters worse.

They have to make these battles hard enough so that evem stronger players see them as a challenge and don't get bored. But 1. They are boring regardless, 2. That completely screws weaker players....

I don't know what it is with the sudden worship of older players but this is really another attempt to further increase the power gap between older players and newer players. This is irritating.

I would much rather have another raid, raids reward people faily, they don't get boring because every time you wanna do something a little different than before, maybe a new squad you wanna try out and see how it compares to your main squads. In general i have never been bored of a raid... with the exception of CLS for rancor, but even with having CLS i can still build another team if i want to.

My point is, if they at least reward us equally it will make it more satisfying. The arguement that if rewards are the same then stronger players will not be motivated is simply ****. No player will think : " well I'm only gonna get equal rewards with the folks if this **** guild so I won't bother to do it"... of course that will never happen, people will always go for the highest rewards available. Maybe they will get there with less effort but they will do it. At this point TB is not about fun and challenging fights. It's about lame and challenging fignts. So it's not about keeping it interesting, it's just a grind that you have to go through...

Allow me to provide an argument for TB, because I actually like it.

The rewards are good, it provides currency that you can use at your own discretion, be it gear or characters or ships. Though I wouldn't mind if they up the rewards.

Platoons and deployment serves a purpose, they allow DS players to do something with our rosters, instead of contributing very little.

The effect on guild is more to do with your guilds culture, not CG. Sure the rewards favor stronger guild, but find me a game that rewards losers more. If you're losing heavy hitters it's because they're self serving and wants to get ahead in the game instead of staying with comrades. If you're getting kicked out for insufficient GP I'd say that's probably for the best, such a guild is not worthy of your time. Our guild has not kicked a player for low GP, and lost none of the heavyweights. We're very close and well coordinated, and achieves 27* despite a lowly 50million GP. I'm far happier doing this than get carried by a heartless elitist p2p guild.

• Options
    The only fun parts for me are the Rogue One and Phoenix missions, because I get to use characters I wouldn't otherwise use. I like that. I wish they would add more in. Give us a jawa mission, a clone mission, a Jedi mission, etc, etc. Make us learn how to use these teams. As it is, all I do is run rebels and resistance the entire time, just like I do everywhere else. I don't want more of the same stale battles.
  • Options
    The only fun parts for me are the Rogue One and Phoenix missions, because I get to use characters I wouldn't otherwise use. I like that. I wish they would add more in. Give us a jawa mission, a clone mission, a Jedi mission, etc, etc. Make us learn how to use these teams. As it is, all I do is run rebels and resistance the entire time, just like I do everywhere else. I don't want more of the same stale battles.

I agree more variety Bull dog