Noob (4 months) diary of sorts! Now updated!

2Next

Replies

• Conor
    54 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Anakin is great at 7 * he is a long term investment though, I would highly recommend doing both hard modes until further notice. Ig 88 is good, but his health is a but low and has no real place anywhere besides a hard core droid team (hk 86 88 poe poggle) 86 however is good on all teams, he crits all the time and his assist is great ( basically another GS) KEEP GOING WITH QGJ most versatile character in the game imo great for both gw and squad arena. Dooku is also amazin and you can start farming him from cantina at level 69. Now my question to you is what shipments are you currently buying ( cantina squad arena gw)
  • NonValidUser
    424 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    4 months and no 7*s?
    I started January 1st (almost 3 months) and I have
    3: 7*s
    1: 6*
    And a bunch of 5....:that are close to 6*s

I only do my dailys, farm with my energy and that's it, i really don't invest a lot of time playing
    My main goal is to focus on my top players.. Try to max them.. And work on the next
    And occasionally work a few other s in

I'm f2p, bought a few 8 packs, crystals,and single chromiums

Edit
    I didn't see your updated post
  • NonValidUser
    424 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    JC has helped me a lot, no leader skill
    But his heal, and health steal come in handy
  • Options
    Conor wrote: »
    Anakin is great at 7 * he is a long term investment though, I would highly recommend doing both hard modes until further notice. Ig 88 is good, but his health is a but low and has no real place anywhere besides a hard core droid team (hk 86 88 poe poggle) 86 however is good on all teams, he crits all the time and his assist is great ( basically another GS) KEEP GOING WITH QGJ most versatile character in the game imo great for both gw and squad arena. Dooku is also amazin and you can start farming him from cantina at level 69. Now my question to you is what shipments are you currently buying ( cantina squad arena gw)

Thank you for the reply. I do hope to make Anakin work as it was the main reason I bought that recent package but at his current strengths, no way. I will continue to build him up though. It brings up a question as well. Since I just finished GS on cantina shards, I was trying to decide between JC or Anakin. I am leaning towards JC since he seems to be very versatile. I would also like to finish him off so I can replace Dooku. I can't get Dooku's level up right now and he continues to die to quickly.

As far as Cantina shipments, that is still QGJ who is just the most awesome on my team. For Arena I've been doing IG-88 to use later. As well, on GW, I'm buying Poggle for the same purpose. As for my current team, I most often use:

GS, DS, Lumi, QGJ, and Dooku. Depending on the battle, Dooku often gets traded out with Barriss, Poe, JC, Talia or Anakin. Whatever I can get away with because Dooku is too weak now.

• Conor
    54 posts Member
    Options
    Nemesis wrote: »

Thank you for the reply. I do hope to make Anakin work as it was the main reason I bought that recent package but at his current strengths, no way. I will continue to build him up though. It brings up a question as well. Since I just finished GS on cantina shards, I was trying to decide between JC or Anakin. I am leaning towards JC since he seems to be very versatile. I would also like to finish him off so I can replace Dooku. I can't get Dooku's level up right now and he continues to die to quickly.

As far as Cantina shipments, that is still QGJ who is just the most awesome on my team. For Arena I've been doing IG-88 to use later. As well, on GW, I'm buying Poggle for the same purpose. As for my current team, I most often use:

GS, DS, Lumi, QGJ, and Dooku. Depending on the battle, Dooku often gets traded out with Barriss, Poe, JC, Talia or Anakin. Whatever I can get away with because Dooku is too weak now.

Well you can't farm anakin from cantina nodes (I wish lol) if you are buying poggle, ig 88 is totally acceptable to finish out. With that coming, you should also buy ig 86 after you finish poggle. As I said though dooku will be farmable at 69 from cantina and I would recommend that highly epically if you use him. If I were you right now, i would farm ig 86 from nodes on cantina until you are 69 which will be soon and than switch over to dooku. This way you will have a head start on him once you are done with poggle. JC is also an option but he isn't that good for arena, he is great in galactic war but you don't NEED HIM at 7* the way you would any other character. I got him to 6 and left him and he consistently preforms for GW. Also, finish that quigon and than start buying poe, as you are already in the midst of building a droid team.
  • Conor
    54 posts Member
    Options
    you can also do JC untill 69 than swith to dooku, but ig 86 would be the better choice for the short period of time until you are 69. That being said I strongly recommend you do jedi consular hard modes everyday for shards because, as I said before, he isn't a huge priority in terms of how much benefit you get per star, he carries his weight well.
  • Options
    Thanks Conor for the info. I hadn't even tried Anakin. Not sure why I thought he was farmable. Excellent advice on Dooku at 69. I've been farming JC on hard mode daily for the dailies. The rest I've been using for gear. Thanks for the advice on the droid team. Not sure if all of these toons will be doable to 70 but I'll throw some cash at it as I still try and catch up.

One thing that is really starting to suck is GW where the teams are level 70 up to 4 points away to the end. The other tough one is arena which are also level 70 teams. Will this get easier once I get to 70? I assume albeit the time and money issue.
  • dtmike1
    242 posts Member
    Options
    Are you doing your daily activities? In the lower right hand side? The Xp you get from doing those should have done bumped your level to 70 in the last five weeks...
  • Options
    An extra tip that I used is popular characters like Sid, phasma, Luminara and QGJ I removed from my line up and stopped using them in light side and dark side battles. I focused on different leaders. Since you get both your leader and the borrowed leaders bonuses. My phasma I haven't leveled up past 55. I run Sid with a borrowed phasma. I recommend at least getting Daka and Dooku leveled up for dark side. Their stuns will own. I usually focused on two. Cantina and someone like JC that's farmable in less expensive locations.
  • Conor
    54 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks Conor for the info. I hadn't even tried Anakin. Not sure why I thought he was farmable. Excellent advice on Dooku at 69. I've been farming JC on hard mode daily for the dailies. The rest I've been using for gear. Thanks for the advice on the droid team. Not sure if all of these toons will be doable to 70 but I'll throw some cash at it as I still try and catch up.

One thing that is really starting to suck is GW where the teams are level 70 up to 4 points away to the end. The other tough one is arena which are also level 70 teams. Will this get easier once I get to 70? I assume albeit the time and money issue.

Quigon will start to really help GW when he is 70 and star maxed, i use qgj lumi geonosian ig 86 and JC pretty much for the whole war and there is enough sustain there to make it through. I wouldn't worry about it to much it will get easier when you are 70, just remember if there is a particularly hard matchup make a suicide squad to soften them up and blown their ability cool downs before you bring in the main team.
  • DrewN76
    566 posts Member
    Options
    You want droids in the future. Farm Lobot and leader ability max him, I have a feeling he is going to save the droids. His speed boost and heal will help emmensely. Many say HK and Poggle for droids, the future is Lobot. Droids will never be as fast as Dooku and QGJ yoda... But, you offer a heal with Lobot, speed, and droids... Also he upcoming jawa engineer may provide help, I am betting on Lobot.

The same, Akbar St Han pair... With phasma advantage maybe fives for multi stike and either lumi or FOTP.... Nets turn meter heals, and damage.
  • Conor
    54 posts Member
    Options
    DrewN76 wrote: »
    You want droids in the future. Farm Lobot and leader ability max him, I have a feeling he is going to save the droids. His speed boost and heal will help emmensely. Many say HK and Poggle for droids, the future is Lobot. Droids will never be as fast as Dooku and QGJ yoda... But, you offer a heal with Lobot, speed, and droids... Also he upcoming jawa engineer may provide help, I am betting on Lobot.

The same, Akbar St Han pair... With phasma advantage maybe fives for multi stike and either lumi or FOTP.... Nets turn meter heals, and damage.

Im in the process of doing the akbar han combo, speed is king for shure and I think you may be right about lobot
  • Chive
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Ok brother looking over your list from the first post to last you have made some good progress. It seems to me that you have the same problem I had in the begaining. Not really knowing what you want for a team so your not focused. I did the same thing and regret it.

This will hurt you no matter what but it will hurt the most in cantina and cantina shipments. You went from a 3 star Poe and no QGJ to both being 5 stars. While both are great guys to have pick one to get to 7 stars then move to the other.

Since you already have the makings for it I would say continue with Poe from shipments.

Since you just finished GS start working on IG-86 in cantina battles as well as do his hard nodes. After 86 is done get JC to at least 5 stars. This will help with GW.

In arena shipments go for IG-88.

Finally in GW finish Poggle. You'll get Poggle done before the rest so use GW shipments to speed up IG-86. After that I would go with either Phasma or resistance pilot.

This gives you a great droid team tune Poggle as lead with 86, 88, GS, and Poe. This team can be a giant pain in the **** to beat in arena.

While you are working on those guys use QGJ lead with Sid Lumi Poe and GS. You should be able to work your way up the ranks with these guys. Once you get Poggle and 86( these guys should be done before 88 is) run Poggle lead with 86 GS Poe and either Lumi or QGJ.

As far as leveling up keep you GW team at max level first. You will get more from there than anywhere else. Then best is your arena team. Once you get to max level and you get your main guys to max with you you can worry about others. I hope I helped you some man. Good luck.
  • Options
    Chive! Holy hell! I've read your post twice and will need to a few more times for sure. I will figure out the order and how to make this work.

One thing that does seem to be unanimous is that I should have continued Poe to max first and in fact, I should continue Poe first. This may be true. Well, it must be since so many have said it now. Poe may help get me through GW and arena for awhile. QJG can hold his own for a little while. Wow. This game looks easy on the outside but there really are a lot of options.
  • Chive
    40 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Chive! Holy hell! I've read your post twice and will need to a few more times for sure. I will figure out the order and how to make this work.

I tried to help out as much as I could man. Like I said I was there. No focus. Hell i go right back to that point every time I get a tune to the next star level or I see a team that is great and go holy crap I really like that team. But you have to keep reminding yourself that you have a a goal and keep going for it. I know at lower ranks arena shipments don't come quick. That's why I said you'll have Poggle and 86 before you get 88. You are in a good spot. You have a lot of characters already unlocked so you have a head start on a lot of teams that are good. I only pointed you to the droid team because you already have Poe at 5 stars GS at 7. As well as Poggle and 86 are very fast farms. I wish I would have gone that route along time ago. have fun man.

On a side note. I never gave you a guy to go for once you do get 88(you will mac him out more then likely before you max out Poe) Get HK-47. While he has fallen from the throne as droid leader for now, this may change. In the upcoming level cap raise and updates he very well may retake that throne and reign as king of droid teams once again.

• Nemesis
    17 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Thanks again Chive for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Now I need to ask anyone that might know about a quote that Conor made:

just remember if there is a particularly hard matchup make a suicide squad to soften them up and blown their ability cool downs before you bring in the main team.

Okay, I need help with this suggestion. It didn't work as planned last night when I tried it for the first time. What ended up happening was I lost my five low level players and it wouldn't let me use another five. I had to wait until restart. Is there another part to this that I need to know?

• Chive
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Thanks again Chive for the clarification. Much appreciated.

Okay, I need help with this suggestion. It didn't work as planned last night when I tried it for the first time. What ended up happening was I lost my five low level players and it wouldn't let me use another five. I had to wait until restart. Is there another part to this that I need to know?

Ok I'm not sure why it wouldn't let you pick a new 5. I have used a suicide squad on many occasions. Unless this is a new feature that they put in and didn't tell us. I will look more into it and see if I can find anything
  • Chive
    40 posts Member
    Options
    Ok just finished my GW for the night. I was able to do two suicide squads and it worked both times.
  • Chive
    40 posts Member
    Options
    How's it going man. Any luck?