Suggestion- Credit reward per Combat Missions completed in TB

One of the big complaints circulating is the lack of Credit rewards in Territory Battles.

My suggestion would be to reward Credits per an individuals number of Combat Missions completed. This would a) fill the player desire for Credit rewards, b) provide motivation for some players that don't put much effort into their Combat Missions, and c) help offset the mod swap costs that the majority of players are having to spend on Territory Battles.

I think a roughly 3 million reward for a completion of 120 Combat Missions would be reasonable. This would amount to 25k Credit reward per battle completed. Rather than a flat 25k per battle, this could also scale so players that only do 50 battles, get 10k per battle, whereas players that complete 90 battles would get 20k battles and those that complete 110+ get 25k per battle, etc.

Replies

• Options
    This idea is genius. Please listen to this man
  • Options
    +100
  • Options
    This is a great idea. A few of us have been watching & waiting, saving battles & deployment as insurance.

Once you hit the star target though (and are nowhere near the next), there's literally no reason to do your battles anymore.

Don't get me wrong, I'd like to, but with the amount of time this game already takes, I can't help but just tick that box and move on.

Regarding participation... I've already noticed a few members just dump it & run. Deploying the lot on one zone and not fighting at all.

Incentive would fix everything.
  • Options
    All I can say is...
    WOW!
    And wow spelled backwards is...
    WOW!
  • FitzChivalry
    56 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Kudos to that, a very good idea!

Like others already said, there is no motivation for some people to do the combats. Individual rewards (credits) would fix that, but it could also affect the platoons - "Why should I deploy in platoons and get no individual reward?"
  • Options
    No, no, no and no. We finally have a mode where people can be more organized and follow orders as the end rewards are the same for everybody. You can tell them to stop doing combats in a certain territory and just deploy their heroes in another. Making Combats give credits will simply destroy that. They will once again strive for their own sake, just like everybody else would. Bad idea.
  • Options
    I appreciate the idea of adding credits to the TB rewards. Even if it's not given individually. What would you think if they were to add a credit reward to the special missions, where Guild Event Credits are rewarded...??? Something like 5k for wave 1, 10k for wave 2 and 15k for wave 3. 30K total for completion for each guild member who attempts it. If all 50 were to complete that mission that would be 1.5M credits to each guild member.

That being said, I am also a guild officer and getting guild mates to follow strategy can be challenging at the best of times, if some members were given individual incentives to go outside guild recommendations to do other battles, that would further frustrate our leadership group. But, I do agree that a credit reward would be an Incredible boost to TB whatever it looks like, even if it adds challenges to getting the guild to follow stated strategy.
  • Options
    I have to agree with this idea definitely get people to participate since credit is essentially the limiting factor in this game. Dunno how much credits but I'm sure it should be based on how difficult it is ie P6 combat would pay more than p3 combat
  • w8742790
    14 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Definitely good for TB participation incentives!
  • Options
    While the idea is excellent, having it per player combat would be detrimental to some aspects, similar idea, but added to the payout would still increase participation, and reward group effort.
  • Options
    TB concept is having an all guild participation and coordination with equal rewards.
    this idea, though nice, goes in the opposite way of that concept.

id like more credits of course, but in a different way maybe
    adding the credits as an overall guild reward at the end is a good idea
  • Options
    This would definitely provide motivation for some of our more casual players. However as an officer, it also provides motivation to do combat missions when you don't want player to, such as you've reached your max stars capability on one territory (1* or 2*) and haven't reached it yet on the other, but need all the deployment you can get to reach it in that second territory.
    That being said, I'm always a fan of more credits :)
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Options
    just put credits as one of the rewards at the finish of TB
  • Options
    Yeah, I love the idea of credits, but don't love tying it to Combat Waves completed. Sometimes, as one of our kitten herders, we need a player to punt on the CM's to deploy in another territory to get the next star. I'd hate to take their credits away. Would love if it was added to rewards box though. Or even credits added to the SM rewards.
  • Options
    No, no, no and no. We finally have a mode where people can be more organized and follow orders as the end rewards are the same for everybody. Making Combats give credits will simply destroy that.
    While the idea is excellent, having it per player combat would be detrimental to some aspects
    TB concept is having an all guild participation and coordination with equal rewards. this idea, though nice, goes in the opposite way of that concept.
    kalidor wrote: »
    as an officer, it also provides motivation to do combat missions when you don't want player to, such as you've reached your max stars capability on one territory (1* or 2*) and haven't reached it yet on the other, but need all the deployment you can get to reach it in that second territory.

As a guild leader, I was preparing to post my agreement with the sentiments quoted above. I actually quoted them with the intention of saying 'I agree!' Upon better analysis, however, I think anything that gives players an to incentive to better participate in the combat missions is a good thing, even if it's an individual reward.

Here's why: Collectively, there are 450 million points available to be earned through combat missions. That is virtually 50% of the maximum possible score. Theoretically, if a guild had only 15 million GP, but every member had three awesome 90k teams (and 1 mediocre Ship team) capable of maximizing combat missions, that 15 million GP guild could earn 25 Stars. Alternatively, if a guild completed only 4/6 (33% less) of their combat missions, they would need approximately 56 million GP (365% more) in order to achieve the same 25 Stars through deployments. I think it'd be much easier to allow an incentive to encourage members to build teams worth 15 million GP than it would be to recruit or build 40 million GP and micromanage deployments until you've a migraine.

I realize there's a very clear relationship between combat mission scores and galactic power ("but Meatbag, a guild with 15 million GP couldn't go 6/6 on all the combat missions!") Not in reality, no, but my point is that combat missions are a demonstrably easier way to improve your scores than meticulously micromanaging mission assignments, which is like herding cats.

Our guild earned 25 Stars last TB and we were pretty active in updating phase-by-phase strategies, even modifying them regularly based on current scores. Based on our score, if we had the same total in each phase, but had been able to micromanage every member into maximizing their resources efficiently into the correct phase, we could have achieved 3 additional stars. On the flip side, if we had enough increased and improved participation in combat battles that every guild member averaged just one more wave per combat mission, that alone (with no additional micromanaging) would be enough to achieve 29 Stars!

So guild leaders and officers should ask themselves this: would you rather have a carrot that makes your horse walk for 4 miles or would you rather spur him and whip him with a stick so that he runs for 3? Maybe with a lot of carrot and little bit of stick you can get 5... and both you and the horse will enjoy the ride much more.

Meatbag approves any reward that incentivises players to participate in Territory Battles!
    Meatbag
  • Options

So guild leaders and officers should ask themselves this: would you rather have a carrot that makes your horse walk for 4 miles or would you rather spur him and whip him with a stick so that he runs for 3? Maybe with a lot of carrot and little bit of stick you can get 5... and both you and the horse will enjoy the ride much more.

Meatbag approves any reward that incentivises players to participate in Territory Battles!

Lol. I'll take the carrot!