I'd like to send a private message to a member, but it's not giving me the option... lookin for help

So I'd like to send a private message to a member of the forums, but when I type in the member's name, it simply doesn't register and won't allow me to send the message.

Now, the member is also a moderator. Considering discussion of moderation is against ToS, instead of creating a public post for my personal question, I figured a private message would be the way to go. Are private messages to moderators purposefully disabled, or am I missing something here?

And if private messages to moderators are disabled while it's simultaneously against ToS to discuss moderation, how can any member of the community have their questions regarding moderation answered? The ToS just simply isn't all-encompassing.

I'm really not trying to be disrespectful, I'm just looking for a response to a legitimate question. Thanks.

Replies

• Snake2
    1455 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    You're supposed to be able to discuss issues with mods in pm. Maybe there's a number instead of a letter or something.

For example I just tested and I could pm vampire x if I wanted to
  • Options
    Forum direct messages are not disabled for moderators. To send a forum direct message tap/click the envelope symbol (bottom left hand corner of the mobile site, top right on full site). Tap new message. In the recipients box, start typing the name you wish to send a message to, no @ symbol. As you type, a selection of names should appear and tap or click on the correct name when you see it.