Trick to beating 7* Yoda Challenge

Anyone have any tricks or tips? I have failed 3 times now with Bariss as my leader, Luminara, QGJ, JC and Ashoka all level 70. Bariss and JC both gear level 8 and full pieced as much as possible at this time. QGJ and Luminara 4/6 pieces in Gear Level 8. Ashoka 5/6 pieces gear level 7. Best I did was kill the two Jedis with Yoda. With Yoda's evade and turn speed I couldn't even get him half way dead
- [SH] Dark Lord Ares

Replies

• Calenir
    48 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Doesn't Yoda have Barriss alongside him? If so, take out 3rd jedi, hit Barris until she heals (and evens health), then wail on Yoda until dead (since he's now at 50%), then finish Barriss.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    I tried 400 times till I succeed. Gear up all char as high as possible. Max leader the skill of Barris is a must. Highest possible skills on basic attacks helps, too. I think yoda gets turn meter when u use a lot of specials...

Get Barris and kit as yodas companions. Nearly kill kit and wait for Barris to equalize. So yoda looses health without fighting him. Try it once more. (But I needed only one equalizing) then get rid of the yedis then of yoda.

The rest is pure luck. You need it. :-)

• Options
    Too bad they closed the exploit (sarcastic). Hopefully EA is following up on that.

I am hoping to unlock 5* this time. Maybe 7* by next time.
  • Options
    All except JC have their attack and abilities to 6 or 7. As far as gear I can really only gear up Ashoka. Luminara and QGJ are only missing the pieces in gear level 8 that need 50 of the purple pieces. So far he has had Eeth Koth and Plo Koon 3 times. Another time Ayla and Plo Koon. No healer
    - [SH] Dark Lord Ares
  • Options
    What exploit? Forcing Barriss to level health? That's not an exploit, that's strategy.

Our I could be dead wrong on what you mean.
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    It's not a exploit. ..it's called tactics. .....using another toons abilities for your benefit.......I was able to beat down barris to a minimal red sliver, and also able to take fisto to high yellow. ...

Left lil green taz devil to less then half. Don't use special abilities on yoda...basic attks worked best for me. He dodges specials to often, for my liking..
    N I got luck with alot of evades.
    My team was, luminara (lead ) , qgj, jc ,ahsoka, & fisto
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    He means the Anakin exploit, right? Anakin had only 1 health as one of the 2 companions of yoda. But they made a hotfix to correct that ...
  • Options
    QGJM wrote: »
    He means the Anakin exploit, right? Anakin had only 1 health as one of the 2 companions of yoda. But they made a hotfix to correct that ...

This.
  • Options
    MenaceTEC wrote: »
    QGJM wrote: »

This.

Ah. Okay then.
  • QGJM
    318 posts Member
    Options
    You can only win with Barris at yodas side. Other yedis are Wayyy to difficult. Imagine a QGJ giving yoda extra attacks :-o
  • Fighton
    308 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I wasn't able to do the ani exploit. ....didn't get ahsoka to 7* ,till Sunday morning (err midnight )...

If anyone wants to see my vid , taking down yoda..feel free to hit me up on line chat....Id is, trojanjoe1
  • Options
    Calenir wrote: »
    What exploit? Forcing Barriss to level health? That's not an exploit, that's strategy.

Our I could be dead wrong on what you mean.

He was spawning along side a Jedi Anakin with exactly two bars of health.

I had a feeling that the challenge would be balls hard at the 7* tier, so I made sure to level Barriss as part of my Jedi team. I already had JC and Lumi at max star/gear/level, so I started working on QGJ, Barriss, and Eeth Koth. They're all at (at least) 5* now, and if I'm lucky I'll be able to get everyone (Barriss) to 6* before it's over this time. She's at 53/85 shards, so I'm thinking it'll be possible, given that the event ends halfway into a day.
  • Options
    I tried with qgj n ima...it's was a blood bath
  • Options
    Still can't get 6* Yoda after days of trying. Any tips would be appriciated.

My team is;

Qgj
    Lumi
    Consular
    Ahsoka
    Koth
  • Options

My team is;

Qgj
    Lumi
    Consular
    Ahsoka
    Koth

My team is;

Qgj
    Lumi
    Consular
    Ahsoka
    Koth

not sure if you are f2p or not but counter-attack toons are helpful. i had aayla and kit fisto and they counter sometimes which gets rid of foresight
  • Options
    also, anyone who has beaten 7* yoda without barriss can you share your lineup?

my most probably lineup if i can get eeth to 7 in time is:

QGJ, eeth, aayla, kit, JC
  • Options
    My team was same as yours, but I had Kit rather than Koth. Took me maybe 10 tries. I won when I stopped trying to get rid of the temple guards first. Focus on Yoda and just keep your fingers crossed. Eventually you'll get the right mix of Yoda missing or choosing just the right target or using his buff too often. It's not easy unless you have all of those characters at max level and max gear. Even then it'll take some work.
  • Options
    Is it really that hard? I breezed through tier 1-4 and am currently farming qgj and mace to 5*

Will I be able to beat teir 7 with lumi, qgj, eeth, JC, and mace?
  • Options
    36b49564f0f914bb519d57cdea48251c.png

I used luminara lead*, qgj ,ahsoka ,jc, fisto........

Went against barris, fisto , yoda team....wore down barris to a small sliver of health, n had fisto down to 55% before barris equalized health......then was able to drop yoda, with 3 toons left...they took care of barris n fisto
  • Options
    Slayvoff wrote: »

My team is;

Qgj
    Lumi
    Consular
    Ahsoka
    Koth

My team is;

Qgj
    Lumi
    Consular
    Ahsoka
    Koth

not sure if you are f2p or not but counter-attack toons are helpful. i had aayla and kit fisto and they counter sometimes which gets rid of foresight

I'm not f2p, the only jedi I don't have is Old Ben but not currently I am not willing to spend more trying to tier them up. Aayla, Anakin, Fisto, Windu they are all 5* currently.

Maybe I should try and get Windu up to 6* next time.

I wish the keycards were still around..
  • Ovechkin08
    76 posts
    edited February 2016
    Options
    The only way to beat 7th tier Yoda is to have a well rounded team (ideally 27k+ squad power), and to just keep trying over and over and over and over again.

It took me hours of consecutive tries before I finally killed him. This was my team:

QGJ (L)
    Mace
    Lumi
    JC
    Kit Fisto.

Obviously given 7* Kit I'm P2P, but I know it's doable using only farmable Jedis too (Kit's counter attacks were key when I beat him tho...cuz he would use Ataru on Kit and Kit's counter would take away the foresight and open things up for Harmonius assault and things like that).

My strategy was to focus entirely on Yoda. His buddies, even the strongest ones, are weak and slow compared to Yoda. If you can kill Yoda and even have like 2-3 of your team left you'll probably win.

The only time I wouldn't focus on Yoda is if Bariss is one of his buddies. I'm sure you've heard the make Bariss take away Yoda's health strategy a bunch of times. I got Yoda close a couple times using this, but the fight is so luck based you shouldn't be dependent on any single guardian combination (tho if he has Aayla with him, run, lol).

Just keep working at it and you'll get him. He is freaking fantastic. Maxed his gear out a couple days ago and he's smoking everything in sight. So many different ways he can be useful. Anyhow you don't wanna hear that now.

This fight is about perseverance and luck. Just keep fighting!

Any way to get screen shots of the game if I'm using iPhone? I wanna show off my Yoda too!
  • Hunkules
    31 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I finally beat it once I got Bariss as one of his allies. Was the only way I could
    Post edited by Hunkules on
    - [SH] Dark Lord Ares
  • Options
    Ovechkin08 wrote: »
    The only way to beat 7th tier Yoda is to have a well rounded team (ideally 27k+ squad power), and to just keep trying over and over and over and over again.

It took me hours of consecutive tries before I finally killed him. This was my team:

QGJ (L)
    Mace
    Lumi
    JC
    Kit Fisto.

Obviously given 7* Kit I'm P2P, but I know it's doable using only farmable Jedis too (Kit's counter attacks were key when I beat him tho...cuz he would use Ataru on Kit and Kit's counter would take away the foresight and open things up for Harmonius assault and things like that).

My strategy was to focus entirely on Yoda. His buddies, even the strongest ones, are weak and slow compared to Yoda. If you can kill Yoda and even have like 2-3 of your team left you'll probably win.

The only time I wouldn't focus on Yoda is if Bariss is one of his buddies. I'm sure you've heard the make Bariss take away Yoda's health strategy a bunch of times. I got Yoda close a couple times using this, but the fight is so luck based you shouldn't be dependent on any single guardian combination (tho if he has Aayla with him, run, lol).

Just keep working at it and you'll get him. He is freaking fantastic. Maxed his gear out a couple days ago and he's smoking everything in sight. So many different ways he can be useful. Anyhow you don't wanna hear that now.

This fight is about perseverance and luck. Just keep fighting!

Any way to get screen shots of the game if I'm using iPhone? I wanna show off my Yoda too!

This is the same team I used and beat him last night... I got lucky tho and got it on my 5th try. I lost to a couple Barriss Yoda teams following the Barriss heal advice. The last team I got was Eeth and JC alongside Yoda. I just ignored them and focused on Yoda like Ovechkin said and still had 3 guys left once I finished Yoda off and it was pretty easy from there.
  • Options
    Had Lumi, JC, Ahsoka, mace and QGJ.
    Lumi lead is a must. Use her heal as early as you dare (for heal over time). Destroy third Jedi, get Barriss to a slither, wait for her equalisation then go mad on yoda with basic only attacks.
    Use level 70, gear 8, ability 5+