Moved shard kinda

So it appears that my arena shard has been changed to know that is much more difficult, however my ship arena hasn't changed, I don't know how this happened
Note: my squad arena has changed, but my ship arena hasnt

Replies

• Options
    What evidence do you have to support your claim? The devs state they don't move or merge shards.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    I have pictures of my ship arena and squad arena, and they don't add up
  • Options
    I don't know how to put pictures on here though
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Could just be that some people from your top 50 picked up CLS or GK, and are making their way up. Old shardies mightve quit or gotten knocked down some. Start a shard chat and find out who's been there for a while.
  • Options
    Fleet Arena has nothing to do with Squad Arena, and they most definitely can't possibly "add up" since one is comprised of 2,000 players and the other has 20,000 players.
  • Options
    Nope, it shows, for instance the top person in my ship shard is also top in squad arena, you can see by clicking on their profile. Then when I go to my arena shard it shows something different and if I look at them and their ship arena ranking, then it's different to the other one
  • Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Fleet Arena has nothing to do with Squad Arena, and they most definitely can't possibly "add up" since one is comprised of 2,000 players and the other has 20,000 players.

But I know that I've moved arena shard, it is so much harder and I know what my old arena looked like
  • Options
    JakeC wrote: »
    Nope, it shows, for instance the top person in my ship shard is also top in squad arena, you can see by clicking on their profile. Then when I go to my arena shard it shows something different and if I look at them and their ship arena ranking, then it's different to the other one

The top guy in your Fleet Arena is the top guy in HIS Squad Arena. Unless you just so happened to be in the same leaderboard as him for both Arenas.
  • Options
    I did, but for some reason I got moved
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    There's some overlap between the two arenas as your fleet arena gets made up of people of similar strength when it opens. But not everyone is the same. As someone said, just because he's number 1 in his arena, doesn't mean he belongs on your old one.

Devs have sworn up and down they don't switch leaderboards. Are you sure more people aren't moving into the top or progressing faster than you?
  • Options
    I could've sworn, I know what my shard looked like, but if the devs sworn against it then I guess I can't get it changed anyway
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

Where did you see that? Everything I have ever seen said that they both have 20,000. Besides, my guild leader is currently at rank 2036 in fleet arena...

Now when they used to have tournaments, THOSE were supposed to cap at 5,000 each.
  • Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Where did you see that? Everything I have ever seen said that they both have 20,000. Besides, my guild leader is currently at rank 2036 in fleet arena...
    Do 20,000 even play this game?
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Woodroward wrote: »

Do 20,000 even play this game?
    When I first started playing my squad arena rank was 15,000 something. Made it up in the top 200 in a week or two. Jumped thousands of ranks at a time in the beginning. There are hundreds of thousands of people who (have) played this game, if not millions.
  • Options
    According to swgoh.gg there are about 3350 squad arena leaderboards. Of those leaderboards, you'll probably see anywhere between 500-1000 active to semi-active players. So I'd estimate (very roughly) about 2.5 million at least partially active accounts.

This number seems pretty high, but I wouldn't write it off. I think it's reasonable considering this game is played all around the world and all of the Star Wars hype the last few years.
  • Options
    According to this site: https://thinkgaming.com/app-sales-data/68737/star-warstm-galaxy-of-heroes/

SWGOH brings in $126,000/day and is installed 13,000+ times in a day.
    13,000 is about 0.5% of the 2.5 million estimate that Exar posted.

It would take 7 months for 2.5 million people to install the game based on those figures. Now when you consider that is probably an average based on how long the game has been out and total installs and the game has been out for roughly 21 months, we can determine that roughly 7.5 million people have installed this game.

Every single one of those 7.5 million people are still on the leaderboards. Just because some of them quit playing doesn't make their account vanish.

Exar's estimate of 2.5 million active seems probably correct to me. I've seen active players in the high thousands ranks in squad (lots of them actually), but I've also seen people quit playing and hang out in the top 100 for a month or two afterwards.
  • crzydroid
    7301 posts Moderator
    Options
    My starting rank was also something like 16,000, and was pretty easy to pass up into the hundreds. A lot of the players down there had just CW Chewie and ES or Clone Sarge or whatever, and seemed inactive.

My gurss is a ton download, check it out, then don't come back. There also could be some trying to reroll but trying again when they don't get a high starting rank.