Best Squad Setup

Speedysteve
76 posts Member
edited September 2017
Hi All,

Appreciate this must have been asked a bazillion times but I'll ask it as newbie

Replies

• Options
    May the Chromiun packs be with you
  • Options
    Thanks. Assuming those are the best end of game squads to get are there recommendations for the journey to them,GW setup etc?
  • Options
    You want Commander Luke? You need:
    • R2, Farmboy Luke, Old Ben, Leia, St Han, all at 7*
    • To get 7* R2, you need 5 Empire characters at 7*. Palpatine, Tarkin, TIE Pilot, Magma/Thrawn could get this done.
    • To get 7* Palpatine, you need 5 Rebel characters at 7*. Phoenix squad could do this. They also get you Thrawn if you get them soon.
    • To level them all up, you need Scoundrels to raid the Credit Heist. St Han, Captain Solo, Lando, Boba Fett, IG-88 or (ugh) Cad Bane.

So ONLY 16-18 characters to farm up! Let's break that down by farming location.
    • Galactic War Store
      1. Zeb
      2. Cad Bane (ugh)
      3. Magmatrooper
    • Arena Store
      1. Kanan
      2. Tarkin
      3. IG-88
      4. St Han
      5. Leia
    • Cantina Battles
      1. Hera (1F)
      2. Lando (1E)
      3. TIE Pilot (4B)
      4. Ezra (2B)
      5. Captain Solo (7D)
      6. Old Ben (2F)
      7. Farmboy Luke (1B)
    • Cantina Store
      1. Chopper
      2. Boba Fett
    • Guild Store
      1. Sabine
    • Fleet Store
      1. Ezra
    • Hard Nodes
      1. Sabine (D1A)

In your spare time you should also farm up Lando, Boba Fett, Biggs, Wedge, Lumi, Qui-Gon, Ahsoka, FOTP, FOST (bonus: Poe, Finn, Rey, Res Trooper, Res Pilot, Phasma, Kylo, FOO). Chirrut and Baze would be a good idea, as would Deathtrooper, Snowtrooper, Teebo, and Rex. Some jawas would be good. And get some good mods, too.

Cheers!
  • Options
    Wow. Brilliant. Thanks for the summary
  • Options

My pleasure! There are, of course, other possibilities. For instance, if you have Han Solo available from The Pit raid, he is much better than Cad Bane (who is just awful, IMHO). And Stormtrooper (cantina store) is a decent option to include on an Empire squad with Magmatrooper if you would rather not farm TIE pilot right away (not recommended), or you could even farm up Darth Vader from the fleet store if you are that ambitious. Before long you will find yourself finding a path of your own, but starting with Phoenix squad is not a wrong move; they have many uses.
  • Options
    I am also wondering what the best squad for arenas would be based on my characters. I’m F2P and play casually but I still like to knock out my dailies and I’m trying to build a decent squad. Any ideas or advice would be appreciated. Here is a link to my characters:

https://swgoh.gg/u/ensidious/
  • Options

My pleasure! There are, of course, other possibilities. For instance, if you have Han Solo available from The Pit raid, he is much better than Cad Bane (who is just awful, IMHO). And Stormtrooper (cantina store) is a decent option to include on an Empire squad with Magmatrooper if you would rather not farm TIE pilot right away (not recommended), or you could even farm up Darth Vader from the fleet store if you are that ambitious. Before long you will find yourself finding a path of your own, but starting with Phoenix squad is not a wrong move; they have many uses.

Haha....I’m keeping my fingers crossed that Cad and the other bounty hunters eventually also get a rework/contract like the OT ones.....
    In Cads defence he’s 1)the easiest to farm 2)he can stun the group leader & that’s about it....
  • Options
    You want Commander Luke? You need:
    • R2, Farmboy Luke, Old Ben, Leia, St Han, all at 7*
    • To get 7* R2, you need 5 Empire characters at 7*. Palpatine, Tarkin, TIE Pilot, Magma/Thrawn could get this done.
    • To get 7* Palpatine, you need 5 Rebel characters at 7*. Phoenix squad could do this. They also get you Thrawn if you get them soon.
    • To level them all up, you need Scoundrels to raid the Credit Heist. St Han, Captain Solo, Lando, Boba Fett, IG-88 or (ugh) Cad Bane.

So ONLY 16-18 characters to farm up! Let's break that down by farming location.
    • Galactic War Store
      1. Zeb
      2. Cad Bane (ugh)
      3. Magmatrooper
    • Arena Store
      1. Kanan
      2. Tarkin
      3. IG-88
      4. St Han
      5. Leia
    • Cantina Battles
      1. Hera (1F)
      2. Lando (1E)
      3. TIE Pilot (4B)
      4. Ezra (2B)
      5. Captain Solo (7D)
      6. Old Ben (2F)
      7. Farmboy Luke (1B)
    • Cantina Store
      1. Chopper
      2. Boba Fett
    • Guild Store
      1. Sabine
    • Fleet Store
      1. Ezra
    • Hard Nodes
      1. Sabine (D1A)

In your spare time you should also farm up Lando, Boba Fett, Biggs, Wedge, Lumi, Qui-Gon, Ahsoka, FOTP, FOST (bonus: Poe, Finn, Rey, Res Trooper, Res Pilot, Phasma, Kylo, FOO). Chirrut and Baze would be a good idea, as would Deathtrooper, Snowtrooper, Teebo, and Rex. Some jawas would be good. And get some good mods, too.

Cheers!

@EventineElessedil
    Wow great list! Just getting back in the game and this is very helpful. Totally copied the list out and am working on it. Although I am using Chewbacca instead of Cad as I already had him and he was in the high 60s and 5 stars (almost 7 now). I am curious though if at almost a year out from when you posted it originally, if there is an update to it. If there is, would you mind posting? Thanks for all your help!