Now that the dust has settled, how is everyone finding TB?

Myself and my officers were having a good chat about TB this evening. To my surprise we all shared exactly the same sentiment; it was a brilliant addition to the game but after a few weeks of it we're all finding it far too time consuming.

I know it's tough for CG to get the balance right because for so long the older players were crying out for new content just like TB.

But an hour's payout, 30-45 min GW, 30 mins ships, HAAT etc etc. TB is adding the best part of an hour to my day, with a little coordination and battles. then there's monitoring and encouraging participation as leader. it all takes time.

bottom line, we're all starting to feel a bit burnt out. All started by TB. for me possibly G12 also making it so difficult to compete as F2P. I've been playing the game over a year very successfully but this is the first time that I've really considered quitting.

So what about everyone else? those that loved TB at release, are you still loving it? or finding it time consuming like we are.

Replies

• Options
    It’s far too time consuming, when it was released the start time was 11pm my time and I could just do it before I went to bed, then when it was back for the second time it started being at 3am.
    I’ve lost any and all motivation to actually do anything with it, I just end up doing it last minute at night before I go to bed.
    I’m the leader of a guild with 61m gp, I think we are all finding it far too consuming with everything else there is to do in the game.
  • Options
    Simple Answer: Delegate.

I created a group which people volunteered for that would help in the planning of each phase for TB (more specifically, phases 4-6). The group consists of about 7 people that will help in the planning. Having a sort of large group helps in case some people cant be on at the time TB starts and it doesnt rely on 1-2 people. Between the 7, they give out the orders for TB, which platoons/squadrons to ignore (**** you Lobots !), where to deploy troops to.. etc.

Hope that helps you as well.

thx
    dLow
  • Options
    Rapid wrote: »
    Myself and my officers were having a good chat about TB this evening. To my surprise we all shared exactly the same sentiment; it was a brilliant addition to the game but after a few weeks of it we're all finding it far too time consuming.

I know it's tough for CG to get the balance right because for so long the older players were crying out for new content just like TB.

But an hour's payout, 30-45 min GW, 30 mins ships, HAAT etc etc. TB is adding the best part of an hour to my day, with a little coordination and battles. then there's monitoring and encouraging participation as leader. it all takes time.

bottom line, we're all starting to feel a bit burnt out. All started by TB. for me possibly G12 also making it so difficult to compete as F2P. I've been playing the game over a year very successfully but this is the first time that I've really considered quitting.

So what about everyone else? those that loved TB at release, are you still loving it? or finding it time consuming like we are.

It indeed can be time consuming, but here's something important to remember. You don't need to do perfect every time. TB's come often because they're important, but not EVERY SINGLE ONE is important, ya know? You don't need 40+ stars everytime (or whatever your best is, my guild personally only gets about 15 if we're lucky haha). If you make it time consuming, that is 100% you. Maybe do them in steps, ya know?

One TB, your people put no effort in: they'll attack and get it done when they're bored or able. Little to no coordination. Very laissez-faire.

Next TB, people put like 50% of the effort they'd normally give: there is clear coordination, it doesn't need to be perfect, and mistakes are cool, they happen. Everyone try their best, if you get to it, you get it, great! Not a huge deal, but if you're able to, do it. Every member should have SOME kind of contribution.

Last TB: 100% all hands on deck. This needs to be perfect. Leaders become Emperor, Officers are all Vader, and members are all Stormtroopers. Follow commands to the letter, massive coordination, move and work as a unit. This is maximum potential.

^^^^ Is just an example of what you can do. There are many ideas and fixes for this problem. The bottom line is this:

It doesn't always need to be 100% all hands on deck. Don't try to be perfect every time. It'll drive you crazy.
  • Options
    I hear you guys.

Leading and coordinating is a large part of it. I've found an officer that actually 'likes' coordinating it so I have indeed delegated it to him for the time being. Lets see if he still feels that way in 2-3 TB's time.

I think even just the battles take quit a bit of time though. I used to hold fire for platoons to see if my toons needed to go in there, try to assess whether it was worth sacrificing them as opposed to using in combat missions. Now, I've decided to just to the battles whenever I feel like it. waiting on platoons just puts a lot of pressure on to get the job done in a much shorter time frame.
  • Options
    note to mods - this is not a feedback thread!!

This is asking OTHER MEMBERS their opinions on tb. I wanted to gauge other people's opinions, not feed back to you guys!

have you moved this so it gets less attention?
  • Options
    Less chaotic, somewhat repetitive, much less time consuming and the rewards are decent now.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    I still like TB fine as a player of it. As an officer, yes, it is a giant PITA, both time consuming and stressful.
  • Options
    @CG_CapGaSP can we go to TB starting every Monday? Players do not need more than a day off since the first few phases are easy. Those that don’t find the first few phases easy are unable to do the last few phases so that’s their rest period.

Always being a Monday start time makes the difficult phases occur on the weekends, which helps us players as that is when we have more time to invest and strategize.

Please go to a weekly structure that starts on mondays.
  • Options
    speak to yourself mate. In my guild we quite appreciate the rest as it's so time consuming. I do however agree that it would be good to get a set schedule. whether it weekly, fortnightly, 3 days or 6. The rewards are sweet I must admit.
  • Options
    Much too time consuming without reductions of note for time needed elsewhere.

Minimal incentive to improve given the tiny increments in rewards for each extra star (which may be the result of several months of effort at higher star levels)

And the 100+ waves of identikit enemies seem somewhat lacking in imagination
  • Options
    With good monitoring tools for officers it could be very good. As it is now though it has become a tedious chore that isn't all that fun to do and after its over you just feel relief instead of a feeling of accomplishment or satisfaction.
  • Options
    I'm getting really tired of it, to be honest. The concept is fine and all, but the fact that I get to use none of my favourite characters or teams is really annoying. The only light-side faction I actually enjoy playing is Clones, but I can only do one battle with them per day. For the rest I have to use Rebels and what few Jedi I have, none of which I actually enjoy playing because their factions are so boring.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options

Always being a Monday start time makes the difficult phases occur on the weekends, which helps us players as that is when we have more time to invest and strategize.

Who is "us players"? You mean you personally? Because that is definitely not true for everybody. Plenty of people have less time to devote to the game on the weekends. Alternating the start date means sometimes it's easier for you and sometimes it's easier for those other people - which is how it should be.
  • Options
    Last night I had another guildie approach me to say how tired he is of TB, struggling for time. I really hope they take note of this thread. I honestly think we're going to get people quitting this game in their droves if this push on TB continues. I'm not sure what the answer is....I mean they've clearly put A LOT of effort to get this up and running.

maybe a shorter version? 3 days 6 phases will be really intensive and much harder for guilds to get a decent star count but at least that will mean 4 days of not having to throw extra hours at the game. the only trouble with that is they'd have to do something about the rewards (again) because there's no way guilds will get anywhere near their previous star count.

I really don't know....a 3 day TB could make the hardcore guilds unbearable to play in. maybe 3 x 24 hours and just reduce to 3 phases?