An idea to incentive new player to stay around and keep playing.

What about a "character journey" until you get it maxed?
If you play Marvel Future Fight maybe you're familiar with this thing. You select any character you want(excepting the ones you have to unlock with special methods like EP, Yoda or R2). You'll get the character you selected at 7*, with max gear and abilities by doing special missions/activities. Obviously this journey will be long since you'll need to be level 85 to be able to max out the toon, and to make it fair, you can't use the gear and mats you get here in another toons.

If you think about it, this will give new players something to look forward to, since your character will grow up with you, this it's a important point, your selected character won't be a HUGE boost but it will be a nice asset to your future roster.

Well this is just a suggestion, and I thought we really need something like this to make the game grow!

PS: I'm not a native english speaker so if something isn't redacted well that's why ><

Replies

• Options
    Not a bad idea. It could be a choice from a limited pool of characters. Just something to give you a decent startand show you what it takes to take a toon all the way to max gear level and effectiveness.
  • Options
    @ExarTheKun Yeah, maybe rebels or light side since it's what CG loves lol. Or maybe any toon with more than 1 month in the game, that way they can keep selling their packs.
  • Options
    Would be great to do a character like Darth Vader. The only character in the movies addressed from early childhood to death. Do an event once a week detailing a different time of his life. Cutscenes and all.
    I say an event, once a week, so that current level 85s just don't instantly unlock. But you'd still need a level-check; no prereq characters though.

Even the OP's idea...great idea...variety this game sorely needs
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    @ExarTheKun Yeah, maybe rebels or light side since it's what CG loves lol. Or maybe any toon with more than 1 month in the game, that way they can keep selling their packs.

Great idea. it would need to be longer then a month, but let just say let them decided, a limited pool would be a great idea.
  • Options
    @Nikarah Vader would be great but I think he just needs a rework instead. Maybe General Skywalker (like TCW Obi). I would love to see a well synergized team with him and the 501st clones to add some variety instead of just R2/CLS/GK+Fillers teams.

@Kyno Maybe an unique RNGesus rotating pool to ensure not everyone chooses the same guy.
    Maybe a pool like this would work:
    • 4 rand - 4* chars
    • 4 rand - 3* chars
    • 6 rand - 2* and 1* chars mixed
  • Options
    @Nikarah Vader would be great but I think he just needs a rework instead. Maybe General Skywalker (like TCW Obi). I would love to see a well synergized team with him and the 501st clones to add some variety instead of just R2/CLS/GK+Fillers teams.

@Kyno Maybe an unique RNGesus rotating pool to ensure not everyone chooses the same guy.
    • 4 rand - 4* chars
    • 4 rand - 3* chars

RNG is a plague and cancer on earth, whoever decided that RNG is fair is clueless. I prefer to live my life with tbe consequences of mg actions and my choices. Not RNG.

Now repeat 100 times:

RNG is cancer
    RNG is cancer
    RNG is cancer
    X100
    RNG is cancer!
  • Options

• 4 rand - 4* chars
    • 4 rand - 3* chars

I think this would encourage cycling accounts until you got what you wanted. Kind of like the first chromium you open containing a random full toon. I think the pool has to be the same for everyone, or based on your personal preference. For instance, you could pick a small pool based on a SW time period or maybe a specific faction (ie Jedi, Sith, Rebels, Empire). It would have to be characters that are relatively easy to farm as well.
  • Odyseass7
    169 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options

• 4 rand - 4* chars
    • 4 rand - 3* chars

So you get a kitten character and ruin ykur account for a few months. Great...
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Odyseass7 wrote: »

• 4 rand - 4* chars
    • 4 rand - 3* chars

So you get a kitten character and ruin ykur account for a few months. Great...

tenor.gif
    Post edited by Kyno on
  • Options
    Odyseass7 wrote: »
    X100
    RNG is cancer!
    I know lol, was just thinking about it and just said that **** will never work, it's a completely disaster!

ExarTheKun wrote: »
    I think this would encourage cycling accounts until you got what you wanted. Kind of like the first chromium you open containing a random full toon. I think the pool has to be the same for everyone, or based on your personal preference. For instance, you could pick a small pool based on a SW time period or maybe a specific faction (ie Jedi, Sith, Rebels, Empire). It would have to be characters that are relatively easy to farm as well.
    Now this it's a 1000000x better solution at what I said lol. Maybe not just relatively easy to farm toons since you'll notice after playing a bit that it was just one easy to get toon and you can get mad about it(just a maybe tho). Just keep the relatively new toons away from the pool and include them (not necessarily, like they keep Krennic/Shoretrooper away and far from us ;-; ) after a few months.