What's even the point of gw anymore?

I understand that it was rewards and content at one point but very few People enjoy it. Even fewer I imagine spend specifically to beat it. Currently way too many rewards hidden behind a game play that is just tedious and awful. If they just gave us a reward box every day, wouldn't everybody be happier? GW will be the death of this game for me some day. Having to beat 4 cls teams every day kinda sucks.

Replies

• Options
    My favorite part of the game
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Options
    In the beginning I hated GW (though never as much as I hated arena). Now that I use resistance for it, I actually find it fun.
  • Options

Why?
  • Options
    aeaswen wrote: »

Why?

Only part that takes strategy and feels like playing a game. Rest is like a to-do list and chore, mostly simmed. Planning multiple squads, turn meter, getting to use all characters, getting to face different teams
  • Options
    GW is where I go to assemble new squads and practice working with them. It's a fantastic place to get to know your roster. A few days ago, I began testing a new Rebel squad for TB that will allow me to donate Wiggs to platoons every day, a big plus for the guild. Today I put my new g6 BB8 into my Resistance squad and completely ruined the opposing squad on N11; I used BB8 Illuminated Destiny at least 5 times and everybody finished with 100% protection.
    GW is fun for me.
  • Options
    Oh and also it is practically the only game mode with no cooldowns between attempts
  • Options
    GW is where I go to assemble new squads and practice working with them. It's a fantastic place to get to know your roster. A few days ago, I began testing a new Rebel squad for TB that will allow me to donate Wiggs to platoons every day, a big plus for the guild. Today I put my new g6 BB8 into my Resistance squad and completely ruined the opposing squad on N11; I used BB8 Illuminated Destiny at least 5 times and everybody finished with 100% protection.
    GW is fun for me.

When I face 4 cls squads per gw, it gets tiresome. Pretty impossible to b beat plus it Ida a 30-45 minute endeavor
  • Globuhl
    751 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I like GW. It's one of my favorite parts of the game... I like the challenge but I have yet to fight multiple CLS led teams. Usually I only fight G12 CLS led team on my last node.