Arena team if you dont have CLS, Thrawn or Kenobi

Hi guys, what do you think? I have missed all these events and now I find myself around the 50ish in the arena and fighiting CLS all the time (so I am a bit reluctant to use Rex). I am using Wedge as leader with Leia, R2Z, and Chaze, all in 7* and GXI (R2 in GXII).

If I had CLS I will be class in arena, but with this team it really sucks! Any recommendations of better teams?

https://swgoh.gg/u/edumanso/collection/

Thanks fellas

Replies

• Options
    I'd replace chaze with biggs and raid han (after putting better mods and gearing him to 11)

Or use Rex lead (with super fast mods) and biggs in place of chaze.
  • Options
    Leia out, Biggs in. Unfortunately until you get GK or Old Ben you'll have to stick with the lackluster Chaze, that takes 2 spots. If you do have Old Ben, then switch them out with him and Biggs, otherwise, Leia is out.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Rex(L), Baze, Chirrut, R2 and Nihilus. Gear that bad boy up. He is super easy to get to G10, and will get you wins on offense.

Otherwise, Wiggs, Chaze and R2. But who wants to play this lame squad?
  • Options
    Use droids :)
  • Options
    Also, mods should be:
    DN: +100 speed
    R2 and Rex: +90 speed
    Chirrut: +whatever is leftover
    Chaze: who cares

Your mods can handle it.
  • Faa
    123 posts Member
    Options
    Your main issue is that you don't have access to crit hit immunity buffs. With this crit heavy meta, it's really hard even for tanks to survive without it unless you kill their DPS before they form a threat. It's a free 300% damage reduction straight away.

I'd heavily recommend shoretrooper and making him super fast, but you don't have him unlocked (GK would have been better but ok). You have to go for a double tank setup, you really do. There's no way your baze can survive triple hits from Leia/Han, and if they go for Chirrut instead it renders baze completely useless.

I used to run CLS - Chaze - Thrawn - DN and I struggled against Leia/Han. After I've unlocked GK and replaced DN with him, the difference he made was insane. Baze was next-level tanky, easily holding off Han/Leia as GK provides him with crit hit immunity and the hots from Chirrut & uniques.

Then I encountered a new problem, CLS just ignores Baze his taunt and oneshots Chirrut. Oh baze got useless again.
  • Options
    What you could try is Akbar lead, zhan, Leia,r2 and sun fac. Not sure if it work for you but you can try it anyway.
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Rex(L), Baze, Chirrut, R2 and Nihilus. Gear that bad boy up. He is super easy to get to G10, and will get you wins on offense.

Otherwise, Wiggs, Chaze and R2. But who wants to play this lame squad?

+1 definitely Rex lead
  • Options
    Wiggs, R2, Baze, Raid Han can be good in arena.
  • Options
    Okay, so I'm going to piggy back on this...

No GK, Thrawn, or Chaze, but I do have CLS. Who would you run?

I'm currently going Ackbar (L), CLS, Leia, Han, R2...I would say it's meh...
  • Ceberus
    148 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    @Dryff well Luke lead but the problem with no tank stays, maybe you have a fast shoretrooper for first 2 or 3 rounds.