SHORTEN TB PHASES

24 hours is too long for TB phases. It was fine the first 2 times, but now it takes too long. I propose shortening TB phases to 16 hours each for the next TB. 12 hours may be too short depending on people's time zones. 16 hours allows everyone to get on, and keeps the TB moving.

Replies

• Darth_cowboy
    1139 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    24 hours is perfect for people with lives
  • Options

Exactly. How many guilds currently have all of their players or even the vast majority attempting all of their combat missions? A tiny fraction of them. Even at 24hrs most guilds are struggling with participation.
  • Options
    LGuy_21 wrote: »
    24 hours is too long for TB phases. It was fine the first 2 times, but now it takes too long. I propose shortening TB phases to 16 hours each for the next TB. 12 hours may be too short depending on people's time zones. 16 hours allows everyone to get on, and keeps the TB moving.

Nope, way wrong answer, way wrong idea.
  • Options

100% dead on the money.
  • Options
    I go to school all day and then I have football practice and homework after that and 24 hours still takes too long for me.
  • Options
    IdraRage wrote: »

Exactly. How many guilds currently have all of their players or even the vast majority attempting all of their combat missions? A tiny fraction of them. Even at 24hrs most guilds are struggling with participation.
    There's really no hope for people who can't participate within a 24-hour time period.
  • Options
    No. Keep it 24 hours.
  • Options
    16 hours allows everyone to get on, and keeps the TB moving.

No it doesn't.
  • Options
    Let's not. The current system is fine.
  • Options
    I go to school all day and then I have football practice and homework after that and 24 hours still takes too long for me.

Don't forget people live on the other side of earth as well. My guild is very international and I'm in Asia. If I sleep for 8 hours take my kids to school, then go work three hours in the morning, I can easily miss a TB phase entirely if it's only 12 hours.

• DarthMartinius
    160 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    24 hours is perfectly fine
  • Options

Terrible idea, most of the community myself included are very happy with 24 hour phase and appreciate the devs actually listened to our requests to keep it that way. asking for 12 hours is selfish and does not appreciate that some people have busy schedules, have multi guilds with Australian players (who have timezone differences that are hard to plan around) and people who dont want more pressure added.
  • Options
    I go to school all day

That about explains it :)
  • Options
    I thought for a moment it might be about reducing the number of identikit waves and lowering the time investment needed ... but no, nothing so sensible.
  • Options
    GGYY wrote: »

Don't forget people live on the other side of earth as well. My guild is very international and I'm in Asia. If I sleep for 8 hours take my kids to school, then go work three hours in the morning, I can easily miss a TB phase entirely if it's only 12 hours.
    Well that's why I'm saying 16 hours too. I think 16 hours is the best option.
  • Options
    Zaraos wrote: »

Terrible idea, most of the community myself included are very happy with 24 hour phase and appreciate the devs actually listened to our requests to keep it that way. asking for 12 hours is selfish and does not appreciate that some people have busy schedules, have multi guilds with Australian players (who have timezone differences that are hard to plan around) and people who dont want more pressure added.

That's why I'm saying 16 hours. I agree 12 hours is too short because people have stuff going on and sleep schedules, but I still think 16 hours would be good. It allows the tb to keep moving instead of dragging on.
  • Options
    I go to school all day

What's that supposed to mean?
  • Options
    I go to school all day

It's likely a dig about your age. Which is a shame, because most others have given you a well-structured argument as to why they don't agree with your suggestion. Disagreeing with someone because they are younger than you isn't a terribly well-structured argument.

For my views on the matter (and I go to school all day too, but to work!) I disagree with you too.

Our guild is multi-national, and we find that activity comes in flurries. Some are on at the start of every phase, whilst others appear 4 hours later, others tend to do their activity in the last 2 hours of a phase. Whilst I myself am always completed my activities early in each phase and am champing at the bit to start the next one, this isn't the case for everyone in my guild, and it's unlikely to be the case for everyone in your guild too.
  • Options
    I go to school all day

For my views on the matter (and I go to school all day too, but to work!) I disagree with you too.

Our guild is multi-national, and we find that activity comes in flurries. Some are on at the start of every phase, whilst others appear 4 hours later, others tend to do their activity in the last 2 hours of a phase. Whilst I myself am always completed my activities early in each phase and am champing at the bit to start the next one, this isn't the case for everyone in my guild, and it's unlikely to be the case for everyone in your guild too.
    Yeah, I get what you're saying.
  • Options
    Zaraos wrote: »

That's why I'm saying 16 hours. I agree 12 hours is too short because people have stuff going on and sleep schedules, but I still think 16 hours would be good. It allows the tb to keep moving instead of dragging on.

16 hours is such a weird cycle to track. A 10am ET start for phase 1, would mean phase 2 started at 2am. Managing platoons and deployments can be a pain for officers, and 24 hours makes that much easier. Anything between the 12-24 just makes it weird and harder to manage.