F2P 7* Yoda walkthrough

Hello all.

Took 7* Yoda down today after about 100 tries.

Lineup: Luminara Leader, Qui-gon, Mace, Ahsoka, and Jedi Consular

First of all it literally can't be done unless you keep retreating until you get Bariss as one of Yoda's Jedi friends. Everyone I talked to said Bariss is a necessity as one of Yoda's guards. It's true.

Strategy:
Kill whatever Jedi is not Bariss first. If Bariss heals before you take down the first Jedi, Retreat.
Once the first Jedi is down burn down Bariss. Try to get Bariss as LOW as possible without killing her. If you kill her Restart. The lower Bariss's Hitpoints are when she heals the better.
Once she heals Yoda will be at 50-60% health leave Bariss alone. Attack Yoda until he is dead then take out Bariss.

6 Very Important tips while doing this strategy.

1. It is so much easier if all your jedi's basic attack are rank 6-7. The reason for this is covered in tip 5. Special attacks are great but you will be doing so many attacks over and over it is the easiest way to max your dps as a whole.
2. If any of your Jedi die before you start attacking Yoda, Reset. It is a waste of time without 5 Jedi on the final phase.
3. Luminara's leader skill needs to be maxed. It is very important that you are dodging blows from Yoda.
4. Use your JC heal liberally. If you can, save luminaras heal for times when everyone is low.
5. Once you are on the attacking Yoda phase. DO NOT ATTACK YODA WITH ANYTHING THAT HE CAN RESIST. No stuns, no debuffs, no nothing or he will gain 1/3 turn meter each time. If you are not sure if an attack can be resisted just play a few rounds attacking Yoda with each skill and see if it says "resisted' when you use it. If it does do not use that skill on Yoda on the final phase.
6. Even with this squad tier 7 gear with max skills you will still need to try over and over and over. Do not give up. To beat Yoda you need to dodge a lot, crit a lot, Yoda needs to spread out his damage, and you need to be lucky.

You will get mad, you will laugh at how close you got at least a few times, you will hate Yoda and vow to never use him once you get him because of all the anger, then you will beat him do your dance.

This is my experience, take the info and use it if you have another composition as I can only comment on how I did it.

Good Luck!

Replies

• Options
    Nice explanation, will be helpful in about a year lol
    You forgot about one Little thing about F2P - they wont be getting 5 7* Jedis anytime soon. :)
  • Options
    Not true, I'm not F2P but I grinded out each one of my Jedi, and I should comfortably have 5 7*s by the next even (already have QGJ and Plo Koon, JC is 90/100 shards, Lumi on 30/100 and Eeth is the only one who I need to grind out hard, but 200 shards between now and the next event from the arena is more than enough to get him there.
    If you started when the even was announced, you should already have had a couple of decent jedi, so it shouldn't be a problem.
  • Options
    F2P means they can get them for free. It takes work and dedication to be a f2p player that has a squad of 7* jedi's. And that dedication is needed to beat Yoda, so if you have this composition I hope this helps.
  • Options
    Thank you Pred. I have the same 5 7 star Jedi you used. I was beginning to give up even using a similar strategy. I will get my Jedis basics to 6 or 7.
    I haven't even got close yet but will keep trying.
    Any other tips would be very welcome.
  • Options
    Ok, used the tactics again and got fairly close!
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    Ok, used the tactics again and got fairly close!

Best of luck!
  • Options
    It worked! Thanks again!
    Had to kill off IGD then got Barriss down to a slither. She equalised and I went after yoda. Mace got an expose and kicked his little ........
  • Options
    pred554 wrote: »
    Hello all.

Took 7* Yoda down today after about 100 tries.

Lineup: Luminara Leader, Qui-gon, Mace, Ahsoka, and Jedi Consular

First of all it literally can't be done unless you keep retreating until you get Bariss as one of Yoda's Jedi friends. Everyone I talked to said Bariss is a necessity as one of Yoda's guards. It's true.

Strategy:
    Kill whatever Jedi is not Bariss first. If Bariss heals before you take down the first Jedi, Retreat.
    Once the first Jedi is down burn down Bariss. Try to get Bariss as LOW as possible without killing her. If you kill her Restart. The lower Bariss's Hitpoints are when she heals the better.
    Once she heals Yoda will be at 50-60% health leave Bariss alone. Attack Yoda until he is dead then take out Bariss.

6 Very Important tips while doing this strategy.

1. It is so much easier if all your jedi's basic attack are rank 6-7. The reason for this is covered in tip 5. Special attacks are great but you will be doing so many attacks over and over it is the easiest way to max your dps as a whole.
    2. If any of your Jedi die before you start attacking Yoda, Reset. It is a waste of time without 5 Jedi on the final phase.
    3. Luminara's leader skill needs to be maxed. It is very important that you are dodging blows from Yoda.
    4. Use your JC heal liberally. If you can, save luminaras heal for times when everyone is low.
    5. Once you are on the attacking Yoda phase. DO NOT ATTACK YODA WITH ANYTHING THAT HE CAN RESIST. No stuns, no debuffs, no nothing or he will gain 1/3 turn meter each time. If you are not sure if an attack can be resisted just play a few rounds attacking Yoda with each skill and see if it says "resisted' when you use it. If it does do not use that skill on Yoda on the final phase.
    6. Even with this squad tier 7 gear with max skills you will still need to try over and over and over. Do not give up. To beat Yoda you need to dodge a lot, crit a lot, Yoda needs to spread out his damage, and you need to be lucky.

You will get mad, you will laugh at how close you got at least a few times, you will hate Yoda and vow to never use him once you get him because of all the anger, then you will beat him do your dance.

This is my experience, take the info and use it if you have another composition as I can only comment on how I did it.

Good Luck!

Finally completed it doing pretty much this. My build was Barriss lead, QGJ, Luminara, Ahsoka, and JC. Good luck to everyone else. This mode is hella hard, frustrating, and depressing in every way possible. Lol.
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »
    It worked! Thanks again!
    Had to kill off IGD then got Barriss down to a slither. She equalised and I went after yoda. Mace got an expose and kicked his little ........

Awesome!
    Glad you stuck to it.
  • Options
    Once, just once I would like to see a thread where the OP doesn't abuse the Barriss AI glitch.
  • Options
    What glitch? Is not a glitch, it's a character's special skill used against them like when yoda steals ben's buffs and gives them to all his team.
    Anakin was glitched
  • Regeneration
    303 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    No
    All of you trying to follow the Barris Hp equalizer combo should stop, i tried that for 2 nights in a row , got him into red a few times and died, then the next day i got so tired of refreshing for Barriss i just straight out go for Yoda himself off the bat and busted him down then finished off Ahsoka and Kit.

>Barriss/Kit/JC/Aayla/QGJ
    half of my team was undergeared including barriss and JC wasn't even Lv70.

Have fun with your new yoda.
    Post edited by Regeneration on
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Old_Tallen wrote: »
    Once, just once I would like to see a thread where the OP doesn't abuse the Barriss AI glitch.
    What glitch? It is just how Barris work. If you heal block Yoda with Anakin she will beal him regardless, because how she works. It has a positive and a negative effect
  • Options
    No
    All of you trying to follow the Barris Hp equalizer combo should stop, i tried that for 2 nights in a row , got him into red a few times and died, then the next day i got so tired of refreshing for Barriss i just straight out go for Yoda himself off the bat and busted him down then finished off Ahsoka and Kit.

>Barriss/Kit/JC/Aayla/QGJ
    half of my team was undergeared including barriss and JC wasn't even Lv70.

Have fun with your new yoda.

It may not have worked for you Regeneration, but it has worked for many including myself. There obviously is not one way to go about beating this as RNG is a major factor in Yoda's attacks. If anyone is able to find something that works for them, they should use it. Let's not discount anyone's particular way because it did not work in a specific manner for someone. We can all benefit from any information that is provided in how someone found a way to be successful.
  • Options
    I will have 5 7* jedi probably in the 3rd or 4th time they have this event avaliable
  • Options
    If you straight beat Yoda with no strategy then good for you. You got very very lucky. This post is to TRY and take as much luck out of the equation. Don't tell people to not follow a strategy because you got lucky. It helps no one.

Bariss equalization is not a bug. It's how the heal works. It's a hard fight. Use the walkthrough to your advantage
  • Options
    You guys think this will work with Eeth instead of Ahsoka?
  • Options
    You guys think this will work with Eeth instead of Ahsoka?
    +1

• Options
    Yes it should work fine with Eeth