Galactic War? Extreme?

I hope the developers read this. I understand reworking GW to make it a challenge and all but what the hell?
We are running into Squads that are all Gear XII & close to 300 Speed?
Are you kidding me.
Many of us only have maybe 2-3 Toons that have Gear XII, it's a long and expensive grind as it is.
If you guys "nerfed" GW already, you didn't know what you were doing.

Replies

• Options
    I agree. Sometimes my node 12 is just impossible for me to beat.
  • Options
    Im lucky if i even get one attack off on my node 12, i havent been able to beat the table since they announced TB and gear 12. Not to mention now im facing teams that normally wouldnt until node 9,10 or 11 in my node 6. Just lame
  • Options
    I can get to node 11 then usually maybe beat node 11 and 12 is im usually so beat down cant do 12.
  • Options
    1) It's a challenge of your whole roster

2) Farm resistance

3) Make sense of 1) and 2)

Thread moving in 3, 2, 1....
  • Options
    Moved to Feedback: Galactic War.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Options
    1) It's supposed to be hard.
    2) You have multiple teams, or can develop them.
    3) Keep trying shuffling your roster around. Sometimes a new combo you didn't expect is just what you need to kill the key toon on the enemy squad that makes it possible to beat.
    4) It's okay not to complete it every day.
  • Options
    It would be manageable if there was a proper mod switching system.

Once you hit g12 unless you're willing to go through the tedious process of switching mods your teams will get slower and slower and be destroyed before you can take a shot.
  • Options
    By the way, it is obvious that it's supposed to be "hard" and or a challenge.
    We get that, so it didn't need to be posted.
    My point is, when 90 % of our Guild maybe can finish GW once a week, there is a difficulty issue.
    We have multiple Whales including myself so let's not take the fun out of the game.
    EA- Clean it up please.
  • Options
    GW doesn't test your roster, it tests your meta. You'll always get the same teams past node 9. Hell, I'm a f2p playing since january 2015 and I still have no G12 toons, but I face them constantly. I have to run numerous retries in order to beat them - and that takes a lot of time, like nearly an hour a day. I'm thinking about quit playing GW for good. If that's what the devs think is fun, they're deluded.
  • Options
    GW doesn't test your roster, it tests your meta. You'll always get the same teams past node 9. Hell, I'm a f2p playing since january 2015 and I still have no G12 toons, but I face them constantly. I have to run numerous retries in order to beat them - and that takes a lot of time, like nearly an hour a day. I'm thinking about quit playing GW for good. If that's what the devs think is fun, they're deluded.

I've found that the repetitiveness of these overly difficult teams in GW makes this part of the game more frustrating than enjoyable, too, so I just quit doing them, even though I could beat it everyday if I wanted to. It needs an overhaul, for sure.
  • Options
    It’s been an issue for months that simply gets ignored. As soon as you get to a certain level your node 12 is basically a whale with extreme mods.

I’ve come to the conclusion that this is no longer an issue or bug, but in fact game design. I suspect it’s ro get players so frustrated by the latest and greatest that you’re duped into thinking the only way to enjoy the game is to spend, spend, spend.

Don’t farm Resistance unless you ‘want’ to. GW shouldn’t be about a single team, it’s supposed to use your entire roster. Although admittedly, most rosters will be rendered useless vs super speed and CLS turn metre reduction.

Honestly and for your own sanity just boycott node 12. It’s not worth the struggle and frustration in terms of the rewards you get for completing it.
  • Options
    skywhopper wrote: »
    1) It's supposed to be hard.
    2) You have multiple teams, or can develop them.
    3) Keep trying shuffling your roster around. Sometimes a new combo you didn't expect is just what you need to kill the key toon on the enemy squad that makes it possible to beat.
    4) It's okay not to complete it every day.

And by "kill the key toon on the enemy squad that makes it possible to beat" you mean magically killing a gear 12 Baze, or CLS protected by R2. Which doesn't happen when you're not a whale or haven't been playing for a long time. Rebels need to be done away with. They're ruining the game. Stupid traitors!

Don't get me wrong, it should be a challenge to complete. Otherwise it wouldn't be fun. But come on, the way it is now is just atrocious.
  • Options
    AK_1Kingz wrote: »
    I hope the developers read this. I understand reworking GW to make it a challenge and all but what the hell?
    We are running into Squads that are all Gear XII & close to 300 Speed?
    Are you kidding me.
    Many of us only have maybe 2-3 Toons that have Gear XII, it's a long and expensive grind as it is.
    If you guys "nerfed" GW already, you didn't know what you were doing.

You are actually complaining about "only" having 2-3 g12 and facing a team with 5 g12? The old power system doesn't correctly account for g12, but even if it did, that would be the result, because you are *supposed* to face teams with a higher power than yours at the end. Somebody who has only just started getting a couple of g11 that's facing full g12 I would have some sympathy for, but really?
  • Options
    @Liath-

Complaining? More like wanting some fairness in the game. I could have multiple Gear XII Squads and not defeat the Teams I or my Guild Mates are running into. It's pretty simple really.
    Use some common sense before you try to slight me personally.