Luke

Luke is in 45 of the top 50 arena teams. I face him at least twice every GW. He is far more used than any character I've ever seen since starting this game in March 2016.

Is that not getting boring to anyone else?

When Maul was popular, R2 was created to directly counter him, by shutting down the dodges and cleansing allies. But what exactly can they create next to shut down Luke?

I, for one, wish it would hurry up and come. Luke hasn't really even been out that long, but I'm already super tired of him. It's not fun when every single team in arena is using the same character.

Right before Luke was released, there was finally variety in arena. I was loving it. Good times... long gone now... :-(

Replies

• Options
    I guess you want chaze back?
  • Options
    Tactyou wrote: »

They were never even close to 45 of the top 50. Not even close.
  • Options
    What will they make to counter CLS? Hopefully Vader.
  • Options
    I am running Rex (L), Nihilus, R2 and Chaze in the arena. I am able to finish top 5 every day with that team, facing mostly CLS Teams in my arena shard. I face one or two CLS teams every day in galactic war and I am able to finish the GW every day. So he is beatable for me even without having CLS myself.

BUT ...

he is still absolutely overpowered and his usage in the arena would be 100 % without a doubt, if everyone would have access to him. The fact, that not every one has im unlocked is the only fact, which limits his usage in arena.

He crushes every other team in Raids (Rancor Raid and at least Phases 1 and 3 in HAAT) He is the most viable character in the GW and TB and he does not even need to be the leader, since he is the most viable plugin-character in this game.

I like Luke very much in the storyline but I start to hate him, because he is soo silly in this game.

I do not say, that they should destroy him, but he deserves a nerf so badly for the health of this game!
  • Options
    Teague wrote: »
    Tactyou wrote: »

They were never even close to 45 of the top 50. Not even close.

Because Chaze was behind a paywall, CLS was 7* free.

I'm really sick of seeing him too but he's easy to beat. I fight CLS leads at a minimum of 6x a day.
  • Options
    Maybe Luke needs nerf, but maybe game needs to change. Means new rules, new teams, new skills, new ideas.
  • Options
    Luke is in 45 of the top 50 arena teams. I face him at least twice every GW. He is far more used than any character I've ever seen since starting this game in March 2016.

When Maul was popular, R2 was created to directly counter him, by shutting down the dodges and cleansing allies. But what exactly can they create next to shut down Luke?

I, for one, wish it would hurry up and come. Luke hasn't really even been out that long, but I'm already super tired of him. It's not fun when every single team in arena is using the same character.

Right before Luke was released, there was finally variety in arena. I was loving it. Good times... long gone now... :-(

Totally agree
  • Options
    Agree. His sheer ubiquity is utterly tiresome.
  • Ig88isboss
    1752 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    Completely flawed character design. Master of everything with no weaknesses. Whoever created his kit needs to hook me up with what they are smoking.
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »
    Completely flawed character design. Master of everything with no weaknesses. Whoever created his kit needs to hook me up with what they are smoking.

What´s the problem with his kit?

-The Turnmeter-Reduction?
    -The massive self heal?
    -That he ignores taunt?
    -The buff immunity?
    -The crazy overpowered leadership, which can only be countered by few specific heroes?

or is it just the huge amount of damage he does??
  • Options
    too OP, and then in the future they will add a jedi tag to him.
  • Options
    Aren't r2 and gk in even more teams than Luke?

No one complains about them
  • Options
    Snake2 wrote: »
    Aren't r2 and gk in even more teams than Luke?

No one complains about them

R2 is way more available for most of the players, so is GK. And Luke is still used more often as GK is.
  • Options
    Luke doesn't trouble me.
    It's raid Han Solo, sat behind a tank, with a Luke (for counter-attack) lead which troubles me. With his buffs up he is a menace!
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I remember when 48 out of the top 50 in my shard ran zaul lead. Yea that was lame. This sucks just as much but it’s his time in meta. Give it 3/4 months and there will be a few more names in the meta knocking Luke’s name down by the day
  • Options
    Zaul meta was 2-3 months. Rebels are the unending meta.
  • Options
    AlexanderG wrote: »
    Zaul meta was 2-3 months. Rebels are the unending meta.

The other factions in this game need major love a far as arena is concerned. Im cool with Luke being really strong hes the main character of star wars but until other factions are stronger you wont see teams without luke because he is the best rebel
  • Options
    Ig88isboss wrote: »

What´s the problem with his kit?

-The Turnmeter-Reduction?
    -The massive self heal?
    -That he ignores taunt?
    -The buff immunity?
    -The crazy overpowered leadership, which can only be countered by few specific heroes?

or is it just the huge amount of damage he does??

u forgot his massive protection and health pool
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Moved to correct sub forum.
  • Options
    You would think fracture and/or annihilate would be the answer to CLS but I haven't had much luck with that
    The field of battle is like the mongoose. Slow to joviality, but thirsty for morning sunshine.
    -Sun Tzu
  • Options
    So tired of CLS. He dominates in every aspect of the game.
  • Options
    zhtd17 wrote: »

Totally agree
    zhtd17 wrote: »

Totally agree

Agree, farm what you want and get smoked or farm rebels and win
  • Options

But this is Luke! He deserves to be awesome, especially after meta's like Chaze.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • Options
    Just farm zBarriss and DN. Problem solved :p
  • Options
    ExarTheKun wrote: »
    Just farm zBarriss and DN. Problem solved :p

Cancer! Love that team too.
    what an ugly thing to say... does this mean we're not friends anymore?
  • DEATHCOYOTE
    977 posts Member
    edited October 2017
    Options
    What will they make to counter CLS? Hopefully Vader.

Yeah hopefully. I mean it was Vader who cut this dudes hand off and kicked him around with the force. The same one that cried in mud and kissed his sister and got his tail whooped by wildlife as well. Apparently that's the recipe for them making* you into a game genie level character.