Prime Moment for full empire ??

I was just re-reading kits and noticed how insanely anti-rebel krennic paired with deathtrooper is. So much critical damage from Krennics unique, double tapping daze/stun basic for DT, Krennic immune to crits, Krennic taking damage gives DT 100% TM, its just insane.

So thats the main centerpiece. Then you have Tarkin who cripple Rebels with his aoe debuff that cant be resisted, offense down and crit down. Shoretrooper with his pretaunt of course, his heals and crit immunity. And lastly, the mighty Thrawn as you all know his kit too well.

I can see two possible teams out of this.
Krennic (L), DT, Thrawn, ShT, Tarkin
Thrawn (L), DT, Krennic, ShT, Tarkin

Has anyone tried this team against the current CLS meta? Idk, it just seems like these teams are a direct counter to CLS but I dont see them around, so I am likely wrong.

Replies

• Options
    Krennic is to hard/long to get for most people, even with crit immunity he's frail and characters like Han and Luke still smash like a train. Tarkin is useless, and Han, Luke, and R2 all stun. Finally that team doesn't have a lot of damage to counter a Zarriss and/or Gen Ken
  • Options
    Check out the Galactic Empire Players thread. There's a ton of people successfully running comps with those people (Thrawn lead). Personally, I find I hold better with Storm instead of Tarkin in there, but people also successfully run Tarkin in lieu of Krennic.
    Zombie961 wrote: »
    Krennic is to hard/long to get for most people, even with crit immunity he's frail and characters like Han and Luke still smash like a train. Tarkin is useless, and Han, Luke, and R2 all stun. Finally that team doesn't have a lot of damage to counter a Zarriss and/or Gen Ken

With the crit immunity, he's got decent health/protection at g12, and Han and Luke can't get very far against him, because it just constantly triggers turns from DT. And Krennic and DT have damage to beat down a GK/Zarriss team -- it takes a little while for that first kill, then deathmark makes quick work of people.
  • Options
    Zombie961 wrote: »

You should watch few vids on yt with empire against best Cls teams. Tarkin is part of those teams. Sometimes they are with full protection at the end.
  • Options
    After skimming through the Galactic Empire thread and youtube I was able to find some of the exact teams as I listed and they lay absolute waste to CLS rebels, and also some where the Tarkin slot was filled by Stormtrooper and the destruction is even more so. So Im wondering then why noone on my Dec '15 shard doesnt run Empire...are there too many counters to them like protect Nihilus? Idk, seems Empire should dominate all right now.
  • Options
    I run a full Empire team every day. I use zzThrawn (l), zTarkin, zDT, zKrennic, and shore. All except Thrawn are g12. I need 1 more star and 1 more gear slot on Thrawn to get him to 7*, g12. The Tarkin zeta is on his unique. The Krennic zeta is pointless in this setup. The biggest deterrent, in my opinion, to going full Empire is the long farm for krennic and shore. If you have the patience you will find that is very well worth it.

This team can stomp every other team (rebels and gk/zarriss) on offense and can get to no. 1 in arena. I fall to the mid 20s to low 30s every day on defense. My shard started in December of 2015. I put a zeta on Krennic's leadership, but it does not work in this current meta. Thrawn leadership zeta is the way to go right now. I hope this helps.
  • Options
    After skimming through the Galactic Empire thread and youtube I was able to find some of the exact teams as I listed and they lay absolute waste to CLS rebels, and also some where the Tarkin slot was filled by Stormtrooper and the destruction is even more so. So Im wondering then why noone on my Dec '15 shard doesnt run Empire...are there too many counters to them like protect Nihilus? Idk, seems Empire should dominate all right now.

Yes, should dominate. But why almost only CLS? I have no idea. Thrawn wasnt so easy to get......maybe.
  • Options
    Im using a ZKrennic (g12), ZDT(g12), Shore, Tarkin(g12) and rex. And i lay people out. Especially all those meta cls teams. I might lose my shore early but with the prot recovery, crit immunity, dt revive + tm + healing dt krennic. Theyll stand there and take a beating. Its aweosome. It was a long farm but im the only top 50 on my shard using empire (rediculous)
  • Options
    Thrawn teams are good, but it's a long farm and a lot of gear for a team that you can't use in tb
  • Options
    We also can add that empire has not so much tm gain bonus. Plus Empire tanks need mods with speed secondary plus protection secondary and the best would be if mods set is defense. Not so easy to gain this kind of mods, for Rebels is more easy to equip them.
  • Options

A few reasons: (1) Krennic and Shore are probably the two hardest farms in the game. (2) Many people have had light-side teams built up, so it's easier to just plug-and-play CLS in a comp than to build an entire empire team; (3) Lots of people just follow what they see.
  • CCyrilS
    6732 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    So I put in the work for getting shore to 7* g11 as f2p... My arena team is currently ztarkin (unique) vader tfp zopress and shore. I've kinda given up working on them anymore. Theyre holding ok in arena as is while i work on others... Did i give up too soon?

Also i will be getting 7* thrawn. My original plan was to use him under tarkin lead. I was first person i saw using tarkin lead on my shard before he got popular as a lead over thrawn. Then cls was released and that team literally disappeared 100% on my shard, hense my sudden reluctance to invest further.
  • ExarTheKun
    2668 posts Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'd run Empire if I had 1500 carbanti salvage laying around.

Just for reference, Thrawn takes 400 carbati salvage and Shore takes 550. Good luck.
  • Options
    I have 63...337 to go :)
  • Options
    My guild mate miami heat is anti rebel. He takes #1 all the time. The videos are amazing.

Watch "Power of the Empire FULL Auto zzzg12cls, GAT, zzg12R2, GK, FAT vs 5*GAT, zg12DT, zG12DK, g12ST, g12S" on YouTube
    https://youtu.be/MeTYNeBtA80
  • Options
    I know and i love seeing that. But by the time i get there who knows what the meta/anti-meta will be?

I guess here's a good question...given the squad i mentioned before, if i were to throw in a 7* g10 thrawn in roughly a month (depending on when event is) would it be a game changer?
  • Options
    You need the thrawn zeta and DT zeta to make that team viable.
  • Options
    Thrawn is no problem. Behind on DT because... Hera, old ben, capt han, kylo...
  • Options
    I play zzthrawn, zdt, zkrennic, shore and rg and I finish the battle with full hp and prot on 3 pg on 5. I'm the only player with thrawn leader in top50. The only team I suffer is a very fats rex team
  • Options
    #banned? I guess the empire didn't want you to reveal their secret?
    Can we rotate out the Moderators?
  • Options
    Thrawn, Tarkin/Stormtrooper, Shore, Krennic, and DT is pretty much the only Dark Side team you can even hope to do well with. It takes a disproportionately large amount of effort compared to Rebel teams, and by the time you farm them they're probably not going to be meta anymore, but they do work pretty well.

I've been using this exact team to clear most of the way through GWs (mostly because it's fun to play). Even though everyone except Shoretrooper and Thrawn are undergeared and/or under-starred, they can beat much stronger teams simply due to the amount of synergy and control.