Just announce Thrawn already

Happyanakin
16 posts Member
edited September 2017
...or at least be clear in saying he is NOT returning after giving us every reason to believe otherwise.

This is obnoxious. Teasing Thrawn's return in an update post, announcing R2's 3rd return, and the return of Rebels but either 1) no Thrawn in October or 2) waiting to announce the specific date of his event? Why? What purpose does this serve other than annoying your users?

Replies

• Options
    Couldn't agree with you more, I've been banking on the fact that Thrawn would come back before R2, and I would use him as my 5th Empire. Just another way to toy with users and get more money out of people...
  • Options
    Dramgon wrote: »
    Couldn't agree with you more, I've been banking on the fact that Thrawn would come back before R2, and I would use him as my 5th Empire. Just another way to toy with users and get more money out of people...

He's my 5th empire too, and if he's definitely not coming back I'd like to know that so I can start panic farming Snowtrooper, my next closest 7* empire. But, no, they have to use ambiguous language and lead us on. And then there are people farming/gearing Phoenix right now who have no idea whether to stop and switch to other priorities.
  • Options
    Ehh..he's coming. Truuuust me ;)
  • Options
    CCyrilS wrote: »
    Ehh..he's coming. Truuuust me ;)

I'm pretty sure he is too with everything considered, but there is NO reason whatsoever for CG to not be crystal clear about his return upon the event calendar's release. I don't even care about a date, they just need to say "Thrawn is / is not coming in October." This is just rude to your users.
  • Options
    Yeh im confused. R2 is coming back again for 3rd time an yeh tease the galaxy with post about old enemy rising from the ashes an then calendar drops an no thrawn event on it. Why?
  • Options
    Devs love being coy but this is tiresome.
  • Options
    October 16 we'll see the airing of the next Rebels series with Phoenix v Thrawn. Surely they drop the event on the 16th to coincide with the launch. I'm in a bind though. I have EP, Vader, snowtrooper and Tarkin at 7* and will have to farm like crazy to get Royal Guard to 7. It's a question of farming gear for Phoenix or character shards for RG. Torn
  • Options
    Yeah I spent a ton of time and energy getting a full 7* team of Phoenix, all gear 8 or higher figuring we have seen ever other special event since Thrawn, and then they drop the language of "rise from the ashes". Now I have to try and throw everything into TFP or Snow, and pray I get it time for R2 event. Its obvious they just want everyone to spend money.... Which I used to, but won't anymore.
  • JJay
    368 posts Member
    Options
    Agreed, I'll be annoyed if they drop Thrawn out if nowhere after having a chance to tell us.
  • Options
    Not sure why everyone is so worked up over this????

Phoenix is a good team by themselves, not to mention required in TB.

Just farm them. You will be ready when Thrawn shows up....
  • Options
    Not sure why everyone is so worked up over this????

Phoenix is a good team by themselves, not to mention required in TB.

Just farm them. You will be ready when Thrawn shows up....

Actually phoenix is not good by themselves.. Ive seen people with all g11 phoenix and they still cant do the final phoenix mission in TB.

And the point here is that Thrawn is taking too long to come back and they are not putting his event in the cadence which really just **** people off. Just announce it and get it over with.